Status: Updated Weekly

Lucidicy

CH 13: Club

The tall mirror in my room reflected my teal see through button up and black pencil skirt. It’s a little more fitting for a clubbing scene. You could definitely see my bra but I’m sure there are girls showing more than me at this place I’m supposed to go to. Krista kept insisting that it was a date. I repeatedly told her no.

“If it’s not a date why are you dressing so nice and taking more time on your make up?” She was leaning in the doorway.

“I can’t dress up to dress up? I’m going to a club, not the grocery store” I said leaning in the mirror.

“You’ll have to tell me what that place is like, it’s been open for a few days, I’ve heard a lot of things about it” Krista told me.

I haven’t heard of it, probably because when I’m focused on one thing I don’t see the others. Like blinders for a horse.

“Clinton is here” Krista yelled throughout the house. I came out of the bathroom to find Krista talking to Clinton in our doorway. He wore black jeans and a Black Flag t shirt. Krista left the room as he greeted me. I followed him outside towards his car.

“That’s not the car I normally see you drive” I said. There was a cherry red Chevrolet Corvet sitting in the driveway.

“My grandfather left it in his will to me, he’s had it since he was nineteen” He opened the drivers door, I walked around to sit in the passengers seat.

“What is this place called?” I asked, we were on the way out of town.

“Cirlique”

“That sounds like a place in France” I laughed.

When we got there, in front of the building labeled Cirlique was a handful of people waiting to get in. A girl was bouncing up and down in her heels waiting to go inside. I left my jacket in the car, I didn’t want to carry it around. Clinton and I walked next to each other as we walked to the building. I too started jumping slightly because I was impatient and cold. I felt Clinton put his jacket on me.

“Oh thank you” I told him. I looked around behind us, then leaned to the side to see who was up front.

“Looking for somebody?” Clinton asked.

“No, just looking” I lied. A few minutes passed, we were next in line.

“You look nice tonight” Clinton spoke up. I didn’t know how to respond to that, I don’t take flattery well. It’s also distracting me slightly.

“Thank you”

Once inside, my eyes scanned the place. It was basically a giant dance floor with a bar off to the side. There had to be over a hundred people stuffed in there too.

“I’m going to find a restroom” Clinton raised his voice. I nodded at him, he weaved through people to find a restroom. I stood on my toes to look over the crowd. I didn’t see anyone familiar, so I moseyed my way to the bar. The bartender resembled a mountain man in a nice dress shirt.

“What can I get you?” he smiled.

“I’m looking for somebody, they may have been in here yesterday”

“I’ll try my best to remember” he spoke over the loud music.

“He’s tall, messy blonde hair…he had a tattoo of a mermaid”

He thought for a moment “No, not that I recall. You can ask the bouncer outside, he see everybody that goes through here” he suggested.

“Thank you” I told him. Just then I felt a presence behind me, I looked up and around. It was Clinton.

“Want a drink?” he asked me.

“No thank you, that’s ok” I replied.

“How bout we go on the dance floor?” he suggested.

“Sure”

I let him guide the way through the ocean of people. Clinton seemed so into this sort of thing, I just stood there awkwardly. I let him take my hands, I watched his feet when he tried to show me his little routine.
“I’m going to go find the bathroom” I raised my voice.

“It’s over by the front door” he told me.

With that he let me go, I looked back to see a pretty red head prowling in his direction. At least she’d probably entertain him more than I could. I’m probably boring him. Luckily the bathroom is by the front, I can ask that bouncer if he’s seen Leland. The cool air of the open door hit me, I never realized how hot it was in there until I stepped outside. The bouncer looked annoyed with a very drunk couple wanting in. The woman threw a fit, her boyfriend started pulling her away.

“Excuse me?” I asked from behind him. He turned giving me his divided attention.

“I was just wondering, have you seen a man with messy blonde hair, he’s really tall and has a tattoo of a mermaid in here before?” I asked.

“Yeah I just let him in five minutes ago” he told me.

Just like that I was already back inside searching. I browsed the outskirts of the dancing crowd.

“There you are” Clinton set his hand on my shoulder.

“Trying to find you” I lied. I’m lying a lot tonight. Clinton had two glasses in his hand, he held one out to me. He took a swig of his, I was still scanning the room. I looked back to Clinton, I’m being incredibly rude.

“I saw that pretty red head go up to you” I said.

“She’s not as interesting as you” he replied. How sweet…and cheesy.

“Excuse us…” I mousy voice stepped between us. The familiar red head walked between us. She was holding someone by the beltloop. That someone was Leland. His eyes met mine in the small space he walked between Clinton and I. So close that I could smell cologne. The disgusting feeling of crushing jealousy and dismay hit me in the stomach. I took Clintons hand a started for a different section of the room. I watched the girl put her hands all over Leland like some kind of animal. He was letting her do it too. I wanted to find Leland, well I found him.

When something happens like that, you just don’t want to be there anymore.

“Hey, you ok?” Clinton asked. I was still holding his hand and walking.

“Yeah, I just want to be on a different side of the room”

I can’t lie to myself. I was not ok, I took it a lot harder than any normal person should have. When Clinton took me home I went to bed and cried. Everything so built up from the past few days just exploded, what happened with Leland at the club was the cherry on top.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: Bad by David Guetta