Status: Updated Weekly

Lucidicy

CH 12: Ask

I stood in front of the cash register awaiting customers. The sizzling sound of the grill top in the kitchen wafted around. Clinton was here waiting for his sandwich he had ordered. My uncle hummed in the back as he cooked. All I could think about was Leland and the small stain I need to wipe off the tile I was looking at on the floor.
“Something eating at you?” Clinton asked.

“Oh…yeah a bit” I replied.

“Is it serious, do you want to talk about it?”

“It’s sort of serious I guess, to me it is” I went on.

“Tell me?” Clinton suggested.

I’m not about to talk about Leland to Clinton, especially when his grandpa just died. I’d just look whiny. Of course I’m not going to mention that I see Leland as a celestial being in my dreams and has basically come to life. Clinton would seriously think I’m on some sort of drug.

“Just drama is all” I told him.

“As far as I know, I’m up for a drama free evening if you are”

Is he asking me out? On a date.

“Not like a date, just hang out, get your mind off things. There’s this new place the next town over, sort of like a club I guess. I wouldn’t want to go alone”

“Oh…”

I’m not really in the mood for a date. He said it wasn’t but technically it is. He is right about getting my mind off things. For all I know Leland is staying in that other town now where I saw him yesterday. There’s a chance I’ll see him.

“Sure” I smiled. My uncle came out with a brown paper bag, he handed it to Clinton.

“I’ll pick you up at seven” Clinton smiled.

“Wait you know where I live?”

“Remember my grandfather went to your Christmas parties every year?”

“oh yeah”
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: Teenager in Love by Dion & the Belmonts