Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Who Will Fix Me Now?

Chapter 9

<><><>yay- or nay- time skip to a few weeks later<><><>

Sushi: I HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW I’M NOT READY FOR THIS

I roll my eyes at the text I just opened, laughing a little to myself. I remember how I used to dread the first day of school, but I never have to worry about it again since I graduated. Sushi, on the other hand, has one year left, plus some more if he decides to go to college after graduating this year.

me: Good luck, little one

Sushi: Thanks .-. Can you take me to school tomorrow?

me: No

Sushi: Please

me: No

Sushi: I’ll give you a dollar

me: It’s walking distance, you’ll be alright

Sushi: I don’t wanna go alone, please walk me to school tomorrow

me: I’m a grown ass man, I don’t ever want to go back to that school again

Sushi: I’ll give you five dollars

me: Okay I’ll see you tomorrow

Sushi: Yas!!


<><><>

The next morning, I wake up early again to take my stupid ass friend to school since he can’t walk a few minutes alone. He’s lucky he’s my friend and I love him because I’d rather still be in my warm bed sleeping in just like everyone else. At least I’m getting five dollars, I guess. I haven’t gotten paid since I helped Elissa and Bradley with their house.

Weird people. Haven’t seen them in a bit, either.

Haven’t talked to Josh in a while either. Might text him a quick hello.

“Nah, I’ll pass,” I mumble to myself as I pull a beanie onto my head so I don’t have to do anything to my hair. I hang around in my room, messing with random things sitting around as if I’ve never seen them before until Sushi sends me a text to let me know he’ll be ready soon. I decide to go ahead and leave now and put on some shoes before leaving the house, not bothering to change out of my sweatpants and large sweater.

In less than a couple minutes, I approach my younger friend’s home and wait on his porch. He steps out around a minute later with a sigh.

“Fucking ready for school,” he says sarcastically, pulling a five out of his pocket. I stare at it for a moment before shaking my head with a small smile.

“Keep it, I don’t need it,” I tell him as we step off his property, heading down to his school.

“Okay,” he says as he shoves it back into his pocket. I hope I don’t regret turning that dollar down later. “Thanks though.”

“Mhm, you’re welcome. Are you gonna ask me to walk you home too?”

“No,” he smiles. “I’m hoping to make another friend or two and we’ll walk together.”

“How do you know they’ll live the same direction as us?” I tease with a small grin.

“Shut up, Oliver.”

“You shut up, Sebastian.”

“Make me, Oliver.”

“Y’know, it’s not too late for me to turn around and go back home and to my bed, right?”

“Alright, chill, I was just kidding,” Sushi rolls his eyes playfully. “What time does the first class start?”

“At like, uh…” I trail off, furrowing my brows as I try to remember. “I think 8:20?”

“That’s in fifteen minutes,” Sushi says as we finally step on school property, something I told myself I never had to do again back in June. “What do I do for fifteen minutes?”

I shrug. “I don’t know, stand outside your classroom, try to make friends now?”

He opens his mouth to say something, until someone shouting my name cuts him off.

“OLI!!”

I turn around to see Rachelle jogging over. I smile and wave shyly at her. She gives me a hug when she approaches, and it’s awkward. Her hugs always feel kinda weird.

“I thought you graduated last year?” she asks when she pulls away.

“I did, my friend wanted me to walk him to school,” I tell her, waving towards Sushi, who was basically drooling over her.

“I’m Sushi,” he introduces himself with a flirty smile.

She has a boyfriend,” I mouth, feeling my stomach drop when I remember that her boyfriend left me for her because I was never good enough.

But his smile doesn’t falter as he only shrugs, shooting me that ‘so what?’ look.

He’s gonna try something. This boy is gonna fucking try something, I just know it.

“I’m Rachelle,” she introduces herself with a smile similar to Sushi’s.

She’s gonna go along with Sushi’s shenanigans. This girl is gonna fucking go along with his shenanigans, I just know it.

Should I tell Josh?

No, dumbass. What if she doesn’t even do anything with him? You’ll look stupid as fuck and you’ll probably lose two friends.

True.

“Are you new here?” Rachelle asks him, and he nods. Rachelle then offers to show him around the school and introduce him to her friends and he agrees before they both wave goodbye to me.

So I go home.