I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 164: They'll Come For You

When Poison entered the Killjoy’s cabin lodge within a desolate rental part that would be under development the following year, he wasn’t surprised to find every member loitering by the front door in wait for him. They all had donned their trademark masks and weapon holsters strapped to their sides, meaning business. The eyes behind those masks were narrowed with outrage brought on by his desertion. Poison’s light brown eyes scoured over every pair of eyes before stepping past Iris and Drummer to locate the office his brother was calling his own. No one budge to follow him yet, but they would if he dared to make his exit from the building. Only then would they acknowledge this bid as him forfeiting his life. With his mind set on making it back to his family alive and well, Poison burst through the office door open with a tenacity that was instantly smothered at the sight of his brother leaning back in the chair behind the desk with Masika straddling him. Their breathings were labored, an indication that they just got done with having sex with their clothes on right before he entered. Bounding back like a woman that saw a skittering mouse dash by, Poison threw his hands up to shield his eyes as he gagged at the sex glowing couple. “WHAT THE FUCK, YOU GUYS!? GET A FUCKING ROOM!”

“We did!” Michael pointed out, unbothered as he indicated the room around them.

“OH MY GOD, GERARD!” Masika shrieked in embarrassment, ejecting off of Michael’s lap to remedy herself by smoothing her T-Shirt dress down. “W-We kinda got a little carried away. Sorry about that?”

“You should be more than sorry about that!” Gerard grouched, lowering his arms to glower at them through his mask.

Righting himself in his chair, Michael stowed his cock back into his pants and bent down to hook Masika’s panties around his finger and extend it to her. “Here.”

Aghast all over again that he would present her panty to her right in front of his brother, Masika gaped at him as she wrested it off of his finger. Glaring down at him, she growled. “THANK YOU, DEAR!”

“You’re welcome.” Michael nodded to her, a lively smirk on his face. He knew he was gonna get in trouble later for that, but he wasn’t scared. He was actually forward to it. “Have a seat, Poison.”

“Are they sanitary?” Poison asked, his eyes flicking down to the two chairs in front of the desk.

“Positive.” Michael assured him with a smile. “We only got as far as this chair to being with so it should be clean unless someone else has been fucking in here before us.”

“Oh my god!” Masika whined to herself, not believing they were even going on about this. Balling her panty in her hands, she made her exit to give them some privacy and her less humiliation. “I’m out of here!”

The Way brothers were finally alone, eyeing the other across the desk. Michael was the first to speak. “When were you going to tell me that you moved back to New Jersey?”

“I’d thought you’d find it fun to figure it out yourself.” Poison teased him with a smirk, removing his mask to set it down on his lap. “You know, like a puzzle.”

“I did. But I admit I had gotten used to you telling me everything instead of keeping secrets all the time.” Michael replied with a shrug, hiding the sting his brother’s abandonment did to his own heart. They used to be much closer than that, and had become even closer when Gerard began to exhibit murderous tendencies. Despite all that, it was like they were strangers in each other’s life now. Michael had to infiltrate in order to find out what’s going on in his brother’s life. He’d only ever done that to their victims, now he was doing it to his own brother. “I take it your Black Opal tagged along with you.”

“Yes, he’s here with me.” Poison nodded.

“And he’s the reason you’re choosing to live the normal life that you could never live before and forsake the rest of us like we’re nothing, eh?” Michael inquired softly, his eyes lowering to the desktop. “Do you really think you can do it? Be a normal man out there among the jungle of society?”

“I can, and I have.” Poison implored, leaning forward in his seat. “Michael, I love him. I know it’s crazy, I know it’s not Poison-like, or Killjoy-like but it’s the fucking truth. I loved that boy the second I saw his face that night under the moonlight. I’ve never felt anything like this before for anyone and that tells me that I won’t ever again. This is it, Michael. My chance for happiness lies with him and only him. Walking away from him would be killing myself. There’s no difference to the real thing.”

Michael found himself laughing at his brother’s heartfelt speech instead of being jealous that there was someone else important in his life other than him. From the beginning it’s only been the two of them against the world, but now there was this Black Opal Gerard was obsessed with. That man never had an obsession before and his first one turned out to be an adamant one. Running his hands over his face, Michael sighed. “Fuck, this is some bullshit situation we got on our hands, man.”

Presuming he was talking about him being in love, Gerard defended his love for Frank. “I’m not messing around here, Michael. I’m serious! I love him!” Deciding another approach, he tried to relate to his brother’s own situation. “It’s the same exact feelings you have for Sable!”

“Feelings for Sable?” Michael laughed, not being able to act straight. “What are you talking about, Gee? I don’t love Sable!”

“Bullshit, Mikey!” Gerard rebuked with as much as a straight face as he could manage before it cracked.

Holding both hands up in surrender, Michael admitted defeat. “Alright, you win! I’m just messing around with you, Gee.” The brothers fell into silence, the youngest examining the oldest closely. “So, this is really it, huh? You’re really about to walk out that door for good and start a new life as a new man.”

Poison nodded as he leaned back in his chair. “Yeah, it’s looking that way, little brother. I don’t have any other option if I want to keep him forever.”

“You could always NOT tell him.” Michael joked, knowing that Gerard wouldn't be able to live a double life. He was too weak when it came to his Black Opal that he’d spill the beans to him on his first day back.

Dismissing his offer with a shake of his head, Poison smiled graciously at him. “No, I couldn’t keep a secret like this from him. I just...I couldn’t live with it.”

“You know what’s going to happen next, right?” Michael whispered to him after a long pause of silence. “When you walk out that door, they’ll come for you and will kill you with or without my orders.”

“Yeah, I know they will.” Poison confirmed tightly, his mind contemplating on where the members were positioning themselves right now as they spoke, and what weapons they had selected to use. “I expect nothing less from them. And I know you can’t compromise your position as the leader of the Killjoys...even for me.”

“Good luck on getting yourself out of here alive, Poison.” Michael said, terminating their meeting as he rose from the massive chair behind the desk. He extended a hand across the desk to his only sibling. “Not that you’re gonna need it, I suspect.”

Grinning, Poison rose to his feet and shook his brother’s hand. “Thanks for the luck anyway. And also not for shooting me on the spot with the gun you got planted under the desk.”

“Hey! What do you take me for?” Michael chuckled. “We’re brothers. Not shooting you is the least I could do.”

“Where will you and Sable be?” Poison inquired with a frown. “I don’t want her to be among the people trying to kill me on my way out.”

“She won’t be. I’ll keep her distracted with another rodeo on top of my first-rate dick.” Michael assured him with a wink as he rounded the desk to open the office door for him.

“Gross! What the hell is wrong with you today, man!?” Poison chided him as he put his Killjoy mask back on and placed both hands over the blades on his holster belt. “No one wants to know about your goddamn sex life.”

Michael rolled his eyes. “Need I remind you that my sex life won’t be the worst encounter you’ll be subjected to today? You have a household of guests that have been dying to see you.”