Bounce Back

one

David had been single for two weeks, three days and 19 hours, but I mean it wasn’t like he was counting or anything. Nope. He was perfectly fine. He hadn’t even cried in almost a whole day. His apartment was starting to form a odd musk smell since he stopped cleaning but, he sort of liked it. It made his home smell more like a real man, which ironically was one of the reason he been dumped in the first place.

Ahh yes. The single life was a breeze for David. He woke up every afternoon to start his day, made himself breakfast, fed his wonderful pet lizard, and watched Game of Thrones all until he fell asleep at the break of dawn, only wake up the next morning and do it all over again. Of course there were your usual bathroom breaks and fits a self-loathing in there as well, but that wasn’t important. What was important, was that David did not need a man. He was strong and independent before he met his worthless ex. He would’ve moved to the city eventually, anyway. This was exactly where he wanted to be….except...you know he was all alone now. But that’s not the point! He was taking this breakup like a true champ.

“You are taking this break up really hard aren’t you?” David friends Shawna called out from the kitchen where she had just finished voluntarily doing his dished that had almost piled up so much his sink was starting to overflow.

“I am the physical incarnation of the poop emoji.”

Shawna’s laughter filled the apartment, which soon faded into a gross out face. “Did something die in here, Davey?”

David sniffed around. “I don’t smell anything.”

“How long has it been since you took the trash out?” She held her nose and exited the kitchen.

“I dunno. A few days…maybe a few weeks.”

“That’s it. You are coming out with me tonight. I can’t take any more of this. I’m supposed to be the fucked one in our friendship remember?” She tugged at his arm, trying to pull him off of the sofa.

“C’mon, we have to get you cute.”

“But why?” He whined refusing to budge from his comfy spot.

“Because, I’ve had enough of this moping around about some piece of shit boy who, by the way, wasn’t even that cute.”

“He was funny!”

“Nun uh…see, no more defending him. He dumped you, remember?”

“Don’t remind me.” David sunk down a little further into the cushions.

“No.” Shawna pulled at his arm some more which only resulted to him sliding off the couch and onto the floor. “We are putting an end to this tonight.”

“How are you possibly going to do that?”

“Easy.” She smiled looking off into a 4th dimensional camera that did even exist. “We’re going to get you laid.”
---

“This is stupid.” David ran a hand through his hair trying to suavely fix any stands that might have been sticking up. “I look stupid.”

David actually though he looked pretty nice. It was just the fear of other people not thinking he looked as good as he thought he did, that made him miss his tiny sofa in his dirty apartment. Which sort of made him miss his ex. Which, made him want to leave even more.

“David, if you leave, I will literally kill you.”

“I knew this wasn’t going to work. No one’s even paying attention to me. I’m not ready for a new relationship anyway.”

“Who said anything about a new relationship? This is just sex. Just to clear you mind…you know…to remind you bomb dick still exists and it’s free.”

David was not a big fan on one night stands. He’d had a few in high school and they never sat quite well with him. Besides the fact that they were extremely terrifying, you could never know what to expect. With his ex, he knew what made him quiver. He knew all of the tricks, he knew every single sensitive spot on his body. Doing it with a stranger just wasn’t the same.

But then again if he had to spend another night alone in his apartment, he feared he’d jump off the Brooklyn bridge by sunrise.

So, David straightened his spine and stuck out his chest, trying to catch the eye of anyone who was willing. And also was pleasing to his eye. All to no avail, of course. David just gulped down every drink that Shawna would pass him and danced with her like no one was watching. He’d forgotten what a rush dancing gave him and all of the different ways he could move his body. Maybe it was just the alcohol starting to kick in, but David was having the time of his life. He didn’t even remember the last time he had this much fun.

Then he actual did remember the last time he had this much fun, which was when he went to his ex’s sister’s wedding with him about five months into their relationship. That was the last time. Suddenly

David felt sick, and pushed passed the other dancing bodies until he toilet to puke in.
In the restroom on his knees, David wiped his mouth and rubbed his arms, trying to soothe himself but within the next minute he was wiping away his tears as well. A restroom attendant kept handing him napkins and asking if he was okay, and he would be eventually. He just needed some time to think.

When David finally exited the restroom, he tipped the attendant five dollars for being so nice and then went out of the patio for a smoke. He’d had enough fun for one night. Though he did appreciate Shawna trying, he honestly just wanted to go home.

“You know those things kill you, right?”

David turned around to be met by a tall, dark and handsome man beaming at him. He looked around to make sure he wasn’t being punk’d.

“Huh?”

“Cigarettes. They give you lung cancer.”

“Well you know what they say…everything good either makes you fat or gives you cancer.”

“I’ve actually never heard anyone ever say that.” The man laughed. “What’s your name?”

“Uhhh…David.” He was starting to tense up. He was actually being flirted with by a really handsome person.

“You want to dance, David?” The handsome man held out his hand and how could David possibly say no? He was pulled back onto the dance floor, but his time instead of letting his body move freely, he let the other body lead. And he’ll be dammed if he wasn’t turned on by the way his body rolled with his, or the way he never broke eye contact when he leaned into kiss David.

David felt like he’d just ran a mile. On top of the cigarette he’d just smoked, the boy had literally taken his breath away. David had never made out with a stranger before, especially one so beautiful.

“I’m Gus, by the way.” He yelled over the loud music.

“Uhh…hi Gus. I’m David.”

“Yeah we already established that, remember?”

“Can we kiss some more?”

“Sure.”

After about ten more minutes of intense making out with sensual dancing David got an idea.

“Hey…Gus here’s an idea. Do you want to participate in one night of sexual intercourse with me?”

Gus laughed not sure is David was serious or not.

He was.

“Uh…sure?”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3