Mausoleum of Memories

Chapter 1

Mavis' P.O.V.

I was upstairs packing my bags. Tomorrow I would be headed to Finland to start my new job as an architect. As I zip my last suitcase I see my friend Ricky in the doorway. He asks, "All packed?" I reply, "Uh-huh just finished." Then he asks, "Nervous?" I say, "A little but mostly excited." Ricky says, "Well get dressed. The guys and I are taking you out tonight." I say, " I don't know Rick. My flight is early tomorrow." He says, " Oh come on Mayvay please. After tonight you'll be gone for six months." He gives me his infamous puppy dog face and finally I give in and say, "Fine but I'm not drinking tonight. A hangover is the last thing I need." Ricky says, " Yay!!!!! Hurry up." I get dressed inhttp://www.polyvore.com/mavis_outfit/set?id=152595977 and we head out meeting the guys at BWW.

Once we all ordered Chris takes his glass and stands up to say, " I'd like to say to our little Mavis congratulations on your first assignment. We will miss you." I say, "Thanks Chris. I'll miss you guys too." Balz comments, "Ricky is gonna be a mess without you." Ricky fires back, "You'd be a mess without your best friend too." The rest of the time we just goofed around and ate god knows how many orders of wings. I was really gonna miss those guys.

*Next morning*

My alarm wakes me up at 5:30 A.M. I get up taking a shower and fixing my hair and make up. Finally I get dressed in http://www.polyvore.com/mavis_outfit/set?id=152596735 When I head downstairs I find my mom making breakfast. She smiles saying, "Hey honey. I hope you're hungry." I reply, "Hey mom. Very." She asks, "Need a ride to the airport?" I say, "Thanks but Ricky's taking me." Mom says, "Mavis I'm so proud of you. This is a great oppertunity but your father and I will miss you." I say, " I'll miss you guys too." She hands me a plate with pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I finish and when i do there is a knock at the door. I open it to see Ricky.

Mom pulls me in for a hug and says, "Be careful and call me when you get in." I nod and say, " I will." Then I grab my bags and join Ricky in his mustang. As we went to the airport I looked out the window and looked at my hometown one last time. i was about to leave everything I knew behind. Ricky says, " You being gone is really gonna suck." I say, " I know but six months goes by faster than you think." He says, 'We're supposed to tour Europe soon. maybe we can stop in on a day off or something." I say, " You damn well better." We arrive at the airport and the flight attendant announces, " Flight 217 to Helsinki, Finland now boarding." Ricky pulls me in for a hug and says, " Take care of yourself. Good luck." With one last look behind at my best friend I board the plane. Thsi flight was gonna be a long one.

*In Finland*

Finally I was here, one step closer to starting my new life. I hail a taxi and head to the hotel that will be my home till I can get a place of my own. I was so captivated by all the scenery. Helsinki was a very gorgeous city and i was looking forward to living here even more now. I arrive at the hotel and check in. the room was absolutely breath taking red and black with gold trim. I called my mom but got her voice mail. I went to bed shortly after looking forward to my first day.