Something Unexpected

Chapter One: Please be my fake boyfriend

She walked down the long corridor of one of the many halls within Hogwarts, and she glanced at her schedule just to double check, more like triple check, that her first class was indeed Potions with Professor Slughorn, the new Potions Master, while Professor Snape got his dream job and is now teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. She readjusted the books in her arms and entered the classroom to find she and Hermione Granger were the first ones there. She smiled softly and walked over and sat down next to the girl. Even though she was in Gryffindor and was a muggleborn, it didn't matter to her.

"Hey Anastasia, how are you?" Hermione asked.
She smiled at the girl beside her. "I'm good, how are you?" she answered.
"I'm great, excited about the new year," she said.
Anastasia chuckled and nodded. "Indeed, I have a feeling it's going to be a good one."
Just then, two girls in Slytherin came up and stood in front of them. "Eww, Anastasia why are you sitting next to a Gryffindor? Have you no shame? If that's not bad enough, it's worse that she's a mudblood." The taller of the two spoke.
She sighed and Hermione rolled her eyes. "I doesn't matter to me if I'm in Slytherin and she's in Gryffindor, or the fact that she's muggleborn. She's a nice person, unlike you Olivia."
Olivia's eyes glared at Anastasia and she huffed. "Come Gabby, lets go sit far away from her. She's not a true Slytherin."
"I'm sorry about that," Anastasia spoke to Hermione.
She shook her head. "It's okay, really. Thanks for sticking up for me though."
"Anytime," Anastasia said. She then glanced back and saw Draco Malfoy walk in with his best friend Dean Recker. The two of them sat in the back, and she turned her attention back to the front, just as Professor Slughorn walked in from his office and announced class would be starting.

After all her morning classes were finished she went back to the common room to put away her books. She had free period after lunch and was thankful for it. She needed to get started on her homework. She arrived at the Great Hall, where everyone was talking and enjoying the company of friends and food. Just then someone jumped on her back and covered her eyes.

"Guess who!" The familiar girl's voice rang in her ear.
"Layla!!" Anastasia answered while laughing.
Layla hopped off her friend's back and smiled at her. She stood about five foot and seven inches, and she has beautiful piercing blue eyes and today her hair long and platinum blonde was straightened and over her slender shoulders. She placed her hands on her hips and looked at Anastasia up and down. "Ana, you look awful! Are you okay?"
Anastasia chuckled nervously. "Wow thanks Layla," she answered. Anastasia had her long blonde hair up in a high bun, and unlike Layla, she only wore black mascara and a little bit of eye liner to make her gray eyes pop. "But I'm fine, I promise," she tried to assure her.
Layla arched her brow for a moment before shrugging. "Fine, lets go eat," she said.
The two of them walked over to the normal spot at the Slytherin table and they filled their plates with a few things. Anastasia grabbed a BLT sandwich, some grapes, and some cookies as well.
Olivia and Gabby sat in front of them and they shook their head at her. "Anastasia, if you keep eating cookies like that, you'll never get boyfriend." Olivia stated.
"She's too ugly to get a boyfriend even if she stopped," Gabby retorted.
"So true, unlike us, we have boyfriends," Olivia beamed.
"I feel sorry for those guys," Layla muttered to Anastasia, making her giggle.
The brunette twins glared at Layla, before softening their look. "I don't know why you hang out with her Layla. Seems like you would hang out with someone much more prettier who knew how to look good," Olivia added.
"She is beautiful, it's your fault you bitches can't see that," Layla stated with confidence, which made Ana smile.
"Whatever, no guy will ever date a plain girl like her," Gabby stated as matter of fact.
"I have a boyfriend thank you very much," the lie slipped out of Anastasia's lips before she could stop herself. Everyone looked at her shocked.
"Yeah right, liar!" Olivia responded.
"I'm not lying! Look he's right there!" She pointed towards the door and she turned her head to see she was pointing at none other than the Slytherin Prince himself...Draco Malfoy.
The twins laughed. "Draco Malfoy?! Now I know you're lying. He wouldn't date you for all the money in the world!"
Anastasia glared at the twins. "I'll prove it to you!" she stood up and jogged over to Draco Malfoy and Dean Recker. "Um..hi Draco you probably don't know me, but I need a really really big and ridiculous favor from you. I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend."
Draco arched his perfectly shaped brow up as he looked down at the plain looking girl in front of him. His best friend chuckled beside him, as he glanced behind her and saw Layla Morgan and the twins Olivia and Gabby watching them intensely. The twins were most likely bullying her. "Bimbo twins giving you trouble or something?" he asked.
Anastasia nodded. "Yeah kind of, and I just want to see them eat their words, and I accidentally pointed at you when they asked who my boyfriend was."
"What's your name?" he asked.
"Anastasia Scarlett."
"Alright, we'll discuss terms after this little thing alright?" he smirked.
Her eyes widen in shock, and then he even pulled her close in a hug and kissed the top of her head. He laced their fingers together and began walking towards the twins and Layla.
"So Anastasia here tells me you don't believe that I'm dating her huh?" he asked the twins.
They shook their heads. "It's just that you could do so much better than her. She's so plain looking and well you're our Prince!"
Draco rolled his eyes and glanced at the timid girl next to him. "I rather be with a plain girl who knows her beauty without adding a shit ton of clown paint on her face."
Anastasia looked up at him in awe. She knew he was probably lying, but it was still nice to hear it.
"Now, if you'll excuse us I need to talk to my girl in private," he said and dragged her behind him.
"Ana!" Layla called out.
"I'll talk to you tonight!" she called back to her as she nearly stumbled over her own feet trying to keep up with Draco.

Anastasia followed Draco to the common room, and he told the people there to scram. He sat down on the couch and she sat down on the opposite end. She couldn't believe what had just happened. She couldn't help but smile seeing the look of disbelief on the twins faces.

"Hey!" Draco's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.
"I'm sorry....did you say something?" she asked.
"No, but you need to sit next to me if people are going to believe this pathetic lie," he informed her.
"Oh...yeah right," she said and moved to sit next to him. "Thank you again, and I'm sorry for dragging you into this," she added.
Draco shrugged his shoulders and smirked. "It's actually kind of entertaining, but I do have a condition if I'm going to keep this up."
She nodded. "Of course, what is it?"
"Do my homework," he said plainly.
"Excuse me?"
"You're going to do my homework and anything else I tell you to do."
She went to stand up, but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down. "Hey! I'm not going to be your...your slave!" she said.
"Fine, then I'll go back to Olivia and Gabby and tell them the truth and you'll be humiliated and you'll definitely not get a boyfriend during the rest of the time here."
Her mouth dropped. "You asshole!" she said. "Why did you even agree to do this?"
"It'll be entertaining for me," he shrugged.
She rolled her eyes at him. How could he be such a jerk?! She knew his reputation, but still. She closed her eyes and sighed. "Fine." she muttered.
"Sorry, what was that?"
"Fine, I'll do whatever you say as long as your my fake boyfriend."
"Excellent." he smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
FACE CLAIMS! Story Banner: http://i.imgur.com/4RIs125.png
Anastasia Scarlett: Chloe Grace Moretz
Draco Malfoy: Tom Felton
Layla Morgan: Jessica Stam
Dean Recker: RJ King
Hermione Granger: Emma Watson
Harry Potter: Daniel Radcliffe
Ron Weasley: Rupert Grint
Olivia and Gabby Fairbanks: Tia and Tamara Mowry