Something Unexpected

Chapter Two: It's only been 2 weeks?!

Anastasia was laying on her bed exhausted after classes all day, then running around doing petty things for Draco. It's been two weeks since the two of them made this arrangement and it felt like months rather than mere weeks. She was so sick of him already. He was such a jerk, and she wanted to strangle him. Layla was laying beside her and she looked over at her best friend.

"If you can't stand him so much, why not just break up with him?" she asked.
"It's too soon, and it would be obvious that it was a lie all along," Ana explained.
Layla sighed and looked back up. "Have you guys kissed yet?"
Her eyes widen and she looked at her friend. "Seriously?! No! Of course not. Ew."
Layla laughed softly and shrugged. "Well you two are 'dating' and if people take notice that you haven't been acting like a couple, then they'll see that your relationship is fake."
"But we hold hands and occasionally hug."
"Ana," she turned to lay on her side facing her friend, " you're teenagers, who are supposedly dating, people expect a little more PDA," she explained.
She didn't respond, she didn't want to kiss him. He was an asshole and driving her crazy.
An annoying pecking noise started at the window making Ana groan. She rolled off the bed and saw Draco's owl holding a letter. She opened the window and took the letter. "Meet me in the common room at midnight tonight," she read aloud. "You know he could say please and thank you or something!" she added.
Layla chuckled and got off the bed. "He doesn't seem like the type to say those things to his slave," she giggled and Ana playfully slapped her shoulder.

When midnight came around, Anastasia left her room wearing black sweatpants and a green tank top, her hair was half way up and half way down and over her shoulders. She arrived in the common room to see Draco sitting on the couch in his normal spot wearing only jeans. When she came in view she immediately sat down next to him.

"What's up?" she asked
Draco turned to face me. "You need to up your game."
"Huh?"
"People aren't believing we're dating," he said.
"So what do you want me to do?"
"You need to show me more affection...like you're actually attracted to me."
Anastasia sighed and titled her head back. "Not you too!" she groaned.
Draco arched his brow. "Excuse me?"
"Layla said the same thing earlier, saying we need to show a little more PDA," she explained with a disgusted look on her face.
He smirked. "What you don't like kissing?"
"I do, I just don't want to with you."
His eyes widen in surprise. "Why not?" he asked.
"Cause you're a jerk."
"That's a bit rude."
"Says the guy who is making me be his slave."
Draco shrugged his shoulders. "Only because you're forcing me to be your boyfriend."
She crossed her arms across her chest. "You didn't have to say yes you know."
"And leave a girl like you helpless?"
She rolled her eyes.
"Hey," he said and when she looked at him he leaned in and kissed her lips softly. To both their surprise she started kissing him back. But the kiss ended way too soon in his opinion when she pulled away wide eyed. She stood up and her cheeks were flushed, which actually made her cute. She walked away without saying a word. Draco could only smirk as he watched her leave. He sat there for a few more minutes before getting up and going to bed.

Anastasia laid in bed wide awake. Her first kiss was with that jerk! Yet...it was nice. She sighed and turned on her side snuggling close to her pillow. She looked over and saw Layla sleeping soundly. She closed her eyes, and the kiss popped into her mind, making her open her eyes again. Of all the guys, why did it have to be him? She wanted her first kiss to be romantic and amazing! Not because it was to keep up a lie. After tossing and turning, she finally closed her eyes and fell asleep dreading what tomorrow would bring.

The next day at lunch, Anastasia received a note that said when Draco arrived to act excited and run into his arms. She was so not looking forward to it, but if it helped with the cause she couldn't say no. She was looking pretty down when the doors open and she looked up to see Draco looking at her. She forced herself to smile and she got up and ran to him. He picked her up twirled her around and kissed her deeply. She kissed him back, and for a moment she was actually happy. This really did help her. They pulled away and rested their foreheads together and smiled. She was still in his arms and she could feel people staring at them.

"Are you going to put me down?" she asked.
"Not liking it?" he smirked.
"Please put me down."
Reluctantly he slowly placed her down and he wrapped his arm around her waist. They walked over to where Layla was sitting and sat down.
"My my, aren't you too quite the love birds," she smirked.
Ana glared at her and Draco chuckled and kissed her cheek. "Isn't she cute when she glares at you?" he teased.
"Knock it off," she said and reached out for a brownie.
"Shouldn't you eat something else beside a brownie?" Draco asked.
Ana slowly looked over at him. "Excuse me?"
Layla shook her head and scooted a little away from her friend.
"Well since your my girl, you need to stay healthy and fit..."
She smiled sweetly and took her brownie and bit into it. "Screw. You. Draco Malfoy." She stood up and walked away finishing off her brownie.
Layla shook her head. "You idiot." She stood up and went after her friend.

Anastasia couldn't believe he said that. She clenched her fists and just kept walking. When Layla caught up to her, she was smart not to talk to her. She didn't want to talk. She wanted to hit something. Particularly a blonde boy with blue eyes. How was she going to keep up with this till Holiday Break? That was part of their deal. And it had only been two weeks so far. She finally stopped and sighed deeply. Layla gave her a comfort squeeze and Ana smiled lightly at her. She informed her she was going to her room to do homework, since lunch was now over and it was her free period.

Anastasia just finished her Astronomy homework when someone knocked on her door. She got up and answered it to see Draco standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"What do you want?" she asked.
"Can I come in?" he asked.
Ana hesitated but nodded stepping aside to let him in.
He walked in and she closed the door. "I'm .... that was pushing it a bit too far at lunch. I was out of line."
"Are you apologizing?" she crossed her arms across her chest.
"Yes, I am."
Ana arched her brow waiting for him to say he was sorry.
"Why you staring at me?"
"Aren't you going to apologize?"
"I did."
"No, you merely stated that it was rude, you didn't actually apologize." she told him.
"Can't you just leave it at that?"
"No, you jerk!" She nearly shrieked.
"Alright, alright I'm s...I'm sorry," he gritted through his teeth.
"Goodness, is it really that difficult to say sorry to someone?" she asked and held up her hand while shaking her head. "don't answer that, just please leave, I have class to go too," she said.
Draco rolled his eyes, but left without another word.

The rest of the day, she hadn't heard from him, which was a relief. When she got to her dorm room, she passed out on the bed just emotionally exhausted. She felt like she was on a damn roller coaster. And not a fun one either. With a final yawn she fell into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope y'all enjoyed it. It feels so good to be writing again. Any questions comments suggestions etc. Feel free to message me. Nighty night.