Status: This is my first story on this site! Enjoy!

Twin Skeletons

Where Is The Tenderness

The first person to wake the next morning was obvious. It was Brendon. He had the fastest recuperating body Troi would ever come to see. It was like his body was built to run on Whiskey rather than water. He fluttered his eyes open, hair ruffled and sticking up the way only hair could, a content but sleepy smile on his face and resumed the t.v show they had been watching last: Squidbillies. It had been Joe’s suggestion but everyone except Troi had stuck around for at least one episode. He loved this show, too. It was hilarious. Eventually Dallas had fallen asleep on the floor covered in bed sheets. Dez and Brendon had taken the left side of the couch, then Farrah curled up alone with her body pillow, while Pete and Patrick were cuddled over on the long side of the L shaped couch. Joe had fallen on Troi’s bean bag chair--he seemed to really enjoy it--and Sisky had fallen on asleep on the floor next to him, both his and joe’s jacket over him, face buried into a pillow.

Troi was fast asleep in her bed, curled into a little ball and dreaming about something to do with passing her driver’s test and also having to deliver tacos to people like newspapers as she drove by. It was very stressful. Everytime she thew her the food at this one house, their dream dog would come out of nowhere and catch the flying entree.

Back in the living room, Brendon settled back to watch the squids. “Whoo!” He said cheered under his breath in a southern accent, copying the main character and as the intro began. Then he looked around the room. Pete was so adorable, he had both arms wrapped around Patrick, face buried in his chest. He had personally always liked them together. From what he knew, and Pete would only tell him so much, Patrick just hadn’t been happy with Pete’s inability to commit, or to share his feelings, or something. He knew there had definitely been something between them; at some time just before the hiatus, they even tried dating, but it failed miserably. Pete couldn’t say no once in a while and it drove Patrick up the wall. He didn’t like sharing people he was dating.

Brendon couldn’t be sure what had really happened. Pete had been really vague and lyric-ey about it.
Dez had been leaning against him, sleeping peacefully. He resisted moving because he didn’t want to wake her up. To his amusement, her hand came up to grip his shirt and he smirked to himself as allowed her to pull him close. Even in their dreams, they want me.

“Morning,” he said softly, loud enough for her to hear if she was even half awake. Her eyes snapped open and he grinned.

Next to them, Pete curled closer to Patrick and inhaled before he settled back into warmth and comfort. He could hear birds chirping but he was still mostly asleep and wanted to stay that way.

“Lunchy, you’re so warm,” Pete said sleepily. This wasn’t the first or the last time they had slept together. The van days back before TTTYG had dropped? Horrid. And cold. And no one cuddled quite like Patrick. Even when they had finally earned a tour bus, Pete still found excuses to go sleep next to Trick.

‘You’re bunk is better than mine,

‘You help me sleep,’

‘I don’t like being so far from you. What if someone tries to kidnap you?’

‘There’s too much clothes on my bunk.’

‘You sleep like music.’

By infinity on High, they were booming enough to stay in Hotels. Joe and Andy always booked a double bed rooms, but Patrick and Pete always ended up with a single king size. Two beds were useless when they both knew Pete was going to end up with his leg curled around Lunchbox.

Eventually Patrick had given up trying to sleep alone. Part of him had also really liked it. Liked Pete.
“Mhmm, s’warm,” he told Pete in a somnolent mumble.

Dez registered a new voice, creaked open her eyes and realized that she was not indeed holding her dream evening gown but Brendon Urie’s t-shirt. She was now half asleep, half awake, watching everything through half-lidded eyes.

“Morning,” she said, not wanting to open her eyes and face the sunlight. “Ughhh, who made daytime so bright? Fuck them.”

Brendon chuckled. “I have no clue, I normally am not awake this early.”

Dez grabbed her phone from her pocket and clicked on the home screen. “It’s not early, it’s---1:27 in the afternoon,” she said, groaning.

Brendon didn’t hesitate with the smooth talking.

“Not to be too forward, but can I just say you are ten times hotter then you were last night and that’s saying something cause last night I thought you were smokin.” He wasn’t sure if that had come out right, but oh well. He meant it as a compliment.

Dez, who was used to guys trying to sweet talk her, just smirked back. “Thanks B--can I call you B?”

Brendon shrugged. “You can call me anything you want. You can even call me later--you already have my number.”

Dez lifted a perfectly arched brow. Oh, she was definitiely awake now. “Do I?” she smirked, walking her fingertips up his chest. “When did that happen?”

Chills ran up his spine as her fingers walked, he looked up her. She was beautiful. Her long blond hair was golden, almost white, she looked flawless even minutes after waking up.

“Last night, When I asked to see your phone. I threw in my number.” He threw in a wink as well. Typical Brendon.

Behind him, he felt Farrah stirring. She opened her eyes with a tiny grin and the memory of last night and Pete being pelted in the ass before she closed her eyes again and got comfortable between the two boys, pulling her blanket over herself. Light, instant snores let them know she had crashed immediately.
Dez grinned, pulling him a little closer. “How cute. You’re adorable.”

On the other of the couch, Pete slowly moved to kiss the underside of Patrick’s chin and snuggled into him. “I wish we were at your place right now.”

“Why?” Patrick mumbled, making a noise that meant he wanted to sleep.

“Cause,” Pete said. “I would not let you sleep,” He slowly kissed Patrick softly on the lips.

Brendon sat up. “If I’m adorable, you’re fucking gorgeous. Do you think you’d maybe wanna a grab lunch or a drink sometime?”

“Maybe....maybe so.” Dez said slyly. She couldn’t say yes yet. She barely knew him and he was the typical frat boy in a punk setting so far. He was hot but his game was weak.

“That could be fun,” she intoned.

Patrick slowly returned the kiss, his hand curling into Pete’s black Clandestine hoodie and it took him a moment to realize where had had fallen asleep and who with. He pulled away, his eyes snapping open as he woke up all at once and looked around. Brendon and Dez were deep in conversation, everyone else was asleep. “Uh,” He mumbled as he blinked rapidly.

Brendon heard the vagueness in her voice, he leaned forward, pouting. “You sound unsure. What can I do to make this happen? Roses? What is it, do I stink?” He lifted his arm to sniff himself. Dez leaned in and sniffed him too.

“Nah, you smell good, actually,” She shot him a look. “But I’ve never really been into band dudes,” she said shrugging. “But you’re real cute.”

“Not into band dudes?” Brendon teased. “What is this world coming to.” He shook his head. “mmm, mm, mm. Well if you’re not into band dudes, what are you into? Tell me what you want and I’ll be that for you.”

Dez snorted and laughed. “Isn’t that from The Notebook.”

“No. Maybe. Definitely.” Brendon wiggled his brows. “So what are you into?”

“Pretty boys, mostly. In suits. I could probably be pursuaded, though.”

“Suits? Oh, I got suits. I GOT suits.” Brendon nodded as if he were diva.

Dez just chuckled. “I bet you do!”

Over with Pete, Patrick just looked confused for a long moment and Pete grinned up slyly. “Heya,” he said, and Patrick frowned, a tiny glare being shot to Pete before he sat up. “Don’t do that,” he said, yawning.

Pete ignored him. “Let’s get out of here, let’s go have waffles.” He and his damn waffles.

“That would be rude,” Patrick said as he took off his glasses and began to use Pete’s hood from his hoodie to clean them.

“To who??” Pete said, scowling. “You’ve known these people for a day and a half. You’ve BEEN here for a day and a half. Let’s go already. So you leave a little early, no one is going to cry.”

Patrick furrowed his brows at his best friend and tried to not to glare.

"Troi cool. So is Dez." He replied with a small frown. What was up with him? "What crawled up your ass, a tomato worm?"

Pete made a face like he was holding back insults and huffed. “Just think it’s kind of ridiculous for you of all people to stay at a strangers house for two days. I mean? You don’t even know this girl?”

Patrick raised a brow at his best friend. “Well, I’m sorry? I don’t mean staying with them, I mean just hanging out with them. You’ve been acting weird about this whole thing.”

“My best is my birthday suit.” Brendon shot Dez a wink then laughed.

Dez nodded and laughed softly, “That’s my best, too.”

Brendon smirked at Dez. “So, you got a rad apartment, you got a ‘rad’ boyyfriends anywhere that might pummel me if I take you out?” He said, because she’d never really clarified if she was single and some girls thought they didn’t need to.

Dez looked over her shoulder, realizing that they weren’t the only ones awake. Pete sound sounded a bit heated. He and Patrick were talking in rushed, low voices. She glanced back at Brendon and smiled. “I have lots of boyfriends.”

He raised both brows. “Oh, I see. So it’s a free for all?” Brendon looked mischevious. He could definitely outcharm these ‘boyfriends’--or so he thought. It was kind of mean but he rather enjoyed stealing girls from their boyfriends.

Dez rolled her eyes. “Boy friends. Not a boyfriend, dingus. I’m a single pringle.”

“I have NOT been weird,” Pete argued. “I came over, I partied. I got shot in the fucking ass with a tomato, right?”

“Well you’re being weird now.”

“HOW?” He snapped, and Patrick looked over at Dez and Brendon who were clearly trying to not listen but were anyway. He shot Pete a look that meant ‘lower your voice.’

Pete shrugged. Patrick went on.

“You been pissed this whole time. And to Troi? You were kind of a dick to her.”

“Oh, come on, I say that to all the girls who try to get into your pants.”

“Why the fuck do you think she’s trying to get into my pants?”

“Why the fuck do you think she’s not?” Pete made a ‘Hello?!’ face and shook his head at Patrick who was looking at him with a rather sour yet scolded look. Pete did know more about girls. His best friend kept talking.

“What else is she trying to do? She called you at two a.m and brought you to her house. How the hell did she even get your number?” He sounded oddly like a jealous ex girlfriend Patrick had once had.

Patrick looked over at his friends again before he stood and padded into the kitchen, Pete on his tail, eager to make his point. He opened his mouth and Patrick raised a hand, cutting him off.

“For one thing, she was drunk off her ass and she thought she was calling someone else. Number two, I BROUGHT HER HOME. I am a grown man, Pete, I can make my own decisions. What the fuck is wrong with you?” Patrick frowned, leaning away from Pete.

Pete glared back at his friend unsure of why he really was angry. All he knew was he was jealous and that he didn’t want Patrick to fall for someone. Not even a little.

“Nothing,” Pete muttered and put his hands up like he was the one being attacked. He sighed and crossed his arms.

Patrick tapped a foot in frustration. “Sometimes you’re a fucking child, Wentz.”

“Fuck you, dude!”

Patrick rolled his eyes. “Quit being a drama queen.”

“Me?!” Pete sputtered. “Okay, then. Fine. Tell you what---since Troi doesn’t wanna get in your pants, and we all know you’re too frigid to ever make a move--you don’t mind if I get into hers, right?” Pete gave Patrick an evil glare and took a fake step forward. He was being such a being a dick and he wasn’t sure why. He was just so angry.

Patrick narrowed his eyes into a harsh glare. “Fuck off.” He said, though Pete detected the emotion he had been trying to provoke: uncertainty. He knew Pete could steal her in a moment, he was everything Patrick wasn’t. Smooth, good looking, perfect with words. Pete was covered in tattoos and he was covered in a fedora.

“No, I’m asking,” Pete said with sass. “I mean, you’re not into her, right? Who gives a fuck?” Please don’t say you are, please don’t say you are, he found himself pleading silently.

“Pete, I JUST fucking met the girl. Yes, she’s cute, but I don’t know much about her. I want to though. What is with you? Why are you so jealous?”

“I’m not,” Pete said hotly, the heat rising in his cheeks, “I’m just looking out for you.”

“Well don’t. I don’t need you to protect me, Pete.”

Pete stared at Patrick for a long time before he finally nodded. “Yeah, okay,” he muttered, looking around. “I got you.” He glowered and walked past Patrick, feeling every which way but right.

*
Brendon hadn’t stopped grinning since he’d woken up. Dez was smirking away because she couldn’t back her amusement.

“You’re such a charmer,” She told him and chuckled lightly. Brendon shrugged with an expression bordering on smug.

“I do what I can,” He said, about to go on. His eyes was caught by a rumpled looking Pete with a scowl on his face and a glare that looked like he could possibly shoot lasers out of his eyes.

“What’s up--” He said to his friend who completely ignored him and marched towards the door. He yanked it open and slammed it behind him with a resonating thud. Dez lifted her brows, looking rather surprised. Brendon made a clueless face before he looked back to Deizin.

“So are you guys---”

Dez looked towards the door and Brendon paused.

Dez stared at the door for a long second. “---I’ll....I’ll be right back. Hold that thought?” She told Brendon, hopping up.

Brendon looked disappointed.

“Oh...kay...?” He said, realizing he didn’t really have a choice. She was out the door within seconds and he sighed. Another one lost to Wentz. How did Pete manage to do that? He was happy? Some girl or guy was fawning over his smile. He was upset? Some girl or guy was looking for a way to comfort him. He was pissed? Someone was surely on his heels, trying to ease his anger. It didn’t matter what he did, he was the type of person that people hungered to connect to. Even h hae himself had crushed on him---hard--for nearly two years. When Pete had first signed Panic to his lable, it hard been hard to resist his charm. Pete said he really liked Panic’s sound, but when they were alone, it was the sound Brendon made between kisses he liked better.

Brendon’s mind wandered back to 2005, after a warped tour show. It was a hot, sticky, summer evening after the venue has closed and they were pressed up against the rear of Fall Out Boy’s tour bus. Pete had Brendon by the collar and he was kissing him like he wanted to steal all of his oxygen, his tan face shadowed in the moonlight. After nearly fifteen minutes, Brendon smiled into Pete’s lips and pulled away, breathing fast.

“Jesus, Pete, you need no air, do you?”

“Just need you to kiss me again,” Pete told him thickly, pulling him closer. He trailed his lips down Brendon’s throat and the younger boy made a sound of appreciation as Pete moved himself closer.

Crotchs pressed together, and heavy breathing filling the dimly night air had Brendon wide eyed, his head swimming with the taste of Pete’s mouth. It tasted vaguely like M&M’s, rum, and cherry chapstick. The sound of Pete whimpering into his mouth with such necessity drove an urgency deeper into him. He had a feeling they would have gotten together that night for the first time if Patrick hadn’t called out for Pete from the front of the tour bus. Peter had dropped Brendon without so much as a second thought and practically ran to the bus doors.

Pete had that habit. Dropping things on a dime for Patrick.

Other people had a habit of dropping things for Pete.

*

Pete Let the door slam shut behind him and huffed away towards the end of the hall. He was making a beeline for the exit staircase when he heard the door open behind him. If it was Patrick, Pete was going to kick him in the shin. He turned to see Dez on his trail, giving him a tiny smile with just a hint of sheepishness.

“Hi,” She said, falling into step with him. Pete glanced at her quickly before he looked ahead, very seriously. “Hi,” he said, quietly.

“You okay?”

“Do I look okay?”

“You look the same way you looked when you got here.”

Pete looked to Dez with his signature frown and she flashed him a smile and nudged him softly. “You leaving?” she asked and Pete resisted the urge to snap at her. What did she care? She barely knew him.

“Going for a walk,” Pete said gruffly.

“Can I come?”

He stopped as they approached the staircase exit and looked at her curiously. “Why?”

“Because you look like you could use a friend.” She said, smiling softly. Peter stared at her for a long time, wondering if he could spot dark motives in her irises if he tried hard enough. She looked back at him, tilting her head ever so slightly as her eyes locked with his in a firm but surprising manner.

Dez wasn’t there to poke holes in his secrets, to gather anything from him---she had simply recognized the expression on his face and felt that he needed a friend. She tugged the corners of her lips up, faintly and she saw something flicker in facade. A moment of something...not weakness...more like he wanted to smile without being vulnerable and she knew what that was like.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity but may have only been eight seconds or so, Pete shrugged---though something in the drop of his shoulders suggested he was rather relieved. They began to take the stairs in silence and finally after two flights, Dez felt the needed to break the silence before she began to do this thing she did where she said random things in awkward silences. She really wasn’t sure why she did it, maybe to be funny and break the tension? She wasn’t sure, but once, after she witnessed two of her friends break up, she blurted out ‘Shit-Fuck-Smackledorfed.’

Needless to say, it kind of made the situation worse.

“Soo....” Dez cleared her throat as they continued down the last flight of stairs. “What happened back there? You don’t seem like you’ve been having very much fun.”

“What are you talking about?” Pete said sarcastically. “I love my life.”

Dez rolled her eyes and gave him a ‘come on’ look. It wasn’t too hard to put things together. They had, after all, fallen asleep in the same room. She had done her best to mind her own business but it was kind of difficult to not pay attention to two of her favorite musicians when they were curled up together in her living room. And not only that, they were damn adorable, she had to admit. Not only that, but Pete had no skill whatsoever at whispering so the big fuss had reached more than the single intended targer audience member. Part of Deizin was curious. Her best friend had spent the day flirting with Patrick. She didn’t want to encourage her if there was some kind of unfinished between him and Pete. She didn’t want Troi to get hurt. The girl was a tad fragile when it came to her self esteem. More importantly, though in the present moment, she knew that Pete was feeling something intense, and she knew he was covering it up.

“It’s okay, I won’t judge you,” She said simply. “You don’t have to tell me, but if you need to vent, I’m here.” She nodded and then she jogged down the last few steps to push open the exit to the bulding. Sunlight broke the flourescent lit stairway. Pete stepped out and she followed him. He stopped in the sidewalk and looked both ways. He felt like he wanted to explode with feelings. Like his ribcage was too tight and his heart would surely beat too hard and crush up against it. Pete look a breath and spoke.

“I feel something for him.” He said without looking at Dez. She stepped up next to him and nodded as he looked around for another moment and then began to walk. She moved with him, unsure of where they were going, but happy to know he had one for one more.

“I don’t know what it is. I used to think it was love,” Pete said, unable to look at her. “---But that’s another story.” Pete looked at his shoes as he walked then lifted his eyes.

“Patrick is the only person who’s ever been there for me, one hundred percent. No questions,” Pete said, shaking his head.

“He’s just always been there, since that moment I went over to his house to hear him play. Boy was standing there, wearing shorts, a freakin argyle sweater and these---” Pete put his hands out,

“These long black socks and I think some penny loafers or something. And then his hat. Cause you know, Patrick has to have his hat---”

Pete shook his head again and smiled, “And fuck man, something in the way he was---in his being---I knew I wanted to be his friend and he’s just always been there for me. But I also knew there was something more. He’s like a surreal painting from a dream that I can touch. When the whole world looks like shit, he is like this single ray of light that outshines everything---he lights up my darkness.”

Dez raised a brow at Pete who’s cheeks flushed. “I guess I just...don’t know what I feel.”

He fell silent and glanced at Dez to see what all she had put together. She said nothing, though, and continued to walk in silent patience. She gave him a look that meant he could go on, if he wanted to and she gave a tiny, sublte nod.

“Part of me is jealous?” He muttered, putting his hands out. “Honestly, I don’t even know why I’m telling you, really. You’re best friend is trying to hook up with mine.” His voice was bitter and those golden eyes were green with envy.

Dez half smiled, half frowned. “You know, if you guys having something going on, it’s okay to say that. Troi would understand. She’s my best friend and I know the last thing she would ever want to do is come between two best friends.”

Pete sighed loudly. “I just---I don’t know anymore.” He met Dez’s eyes for quick moment. “If I’m being honest, I don’t really know how I feel about him. All I know is that when there is someone else looking at him they way I do, it freaks me out.”

“Well...have you ever told Patrick that?”

“Yes, of course, and he was all about it.” Pete shook his head as if a tragedy had occured. “It was ME who ruined it. Patrick was all in for me and I couldn’t stop fucking other people.”

“Why?” The question was even, without judgment. She listened intently and walked with the man.

Pete shrugged. “I dunno....but I blew it. He was all for dating and I was...well I was all for having fun. I think we lasted about three official weeks before Patrick caught me in the backstage bathroom of concert with Ryan Ross.” Pete kept shaking his head. “Poor Ryan. His nose was never quite the same after Patrick broke it.” And Patrick had never been quite the same with Pete.

Dez snorted but the regained her composur as they turned the corner and kept going.

“Sorry. It’s really hard to picture Patrick hitting a drum too hard, let alone a person.”

Pete rolled his eyes. “Yeah, right, that boy has a violent streak. I’m serious, you should have seen him back in the day. He was a little firecracker. He helped me get out of half the fights I started.” They both grinned and Pete stopped at a crosswalk, checking out the signs.

Dez snorted but then regained her composur as they turned the corner and kept going. Pete tapped his sides as they walked.

“I mean I thought it was real then, but I couldn’t...commit.” His shoulders dropped with a sigh. “Because--I dunno--I don’t know why. All I know is all I see is Patrick, but then I see me and I wonder if I’m really what he needs. He deserves someone amazing, someone who doesn’t forget him when the next guy walks by.” He gave Dez a grim smile and the girl shook her head.

“Sounds like you really care about him.”

“I do.”

“Why didn’t you guys try again?”

“We did. Once. It was just never official and I found too many ways to fuck it up. Eventually Patrick punched me in the stomach and told me I was a dick for playing games.” He smiled. “I deserved it.”

“Boy, Patrick sure does punch a lot of people.”

Pete laughed. “He’s actually really tough.” A content look glazed over his eyes at the thought.

“So...Patrick is gay then?” Dez said, slightly confused. Pete shook his head.

“Nah, I don’t know. I’m pretty sure I’m the only guy he’s kissed....I hope I’m the only guy he’s kissed...” He shook away the thought before he got distracted. It was easy to do when thinking about Patrick kissing anything.

“Nah,” He went on, “He likes girls.” But maybe he could be into me...

Dez noddd her head, her blonde hair falling over her shoulder. “Interesting. I never knew that. “And you?” She held her breath--hoped it wasn’t a weird question. Pete looked over at her, and paused.

“Me...well...” He grinned. “I’m into everyone!” He joked then nodded before smiling casually. “Um, yeah. I’m into guys and girls. I’m bisexual.”

“Cool,” Dez said and nodded. “I was just curious.”

He nodded, too. He didn’t really care, he was comfortable with his sexuality, but...

“Dez...would you....would you not tell anyone what I told you, please?” Pete looked down at his shoes and Deizin’s eyes went wide at the sight. He looked so...so innocent and hopeful. It was obvious he wasn’t the kind to just go spilling secrets like this.

“..About Patrick.” It’s not like everyone didn’t know, but there also hadn’t many girls lately, stealing his best friend’s attention, either.

“I’ll take it to my grave.”

Pete groaned and Dez snickered. Pete looked around for a moment then looked over to Dez.

“I’m tired of walking, let’s get a cab.”

She nodded, and he began to look around for approaching cabs. One zoomed by despite his lifted hand. Dez tisked with amusement, stepped to the edge of the curb, raised a hand and called “Taxi!” rather lazily. Four cabs came to an immediate screech. Amature.

Pete raised his brows and made a face at her.

“Excuseeeee me,” he said, waving his finger. The two of them laughed and stepped into the nearest Taxi.

*
Patrick tiptoed down the hall quietly, despite the fact that he was wearing socks and he was walking on carpet. Troi’s door was cracked and he stuck his head in first to make sure she wasn’t naked or in bed with someone. He knew this was unlikely, but hey, what did he know?

She was tangled in her blankets, staring up at the ceiling mentally whining about how bright it was despite the blinds being shut. She knew it was late but she was still so damn sleepy. She didn’t exactly party this often. Joe was snoring lightly, draping over the bean bag chair and she wondered if he was planning to take it home; Adam was passed out cold. She looked over immediately and she saw his face, and smiled.

“Hey!” she said brightly and then cringed. She pointed at the two sleeping guys and put a finger to her lips. “Shhh.”

Patrick stepped in looking sheepish. His hands adjusted his fedora nervously and she sat up. He paused just inside the door.

“Hey,” he told, cheeks warming up.“Did I wake you up?”

She smiled and chuckled to herself. He was so adorable.

“Of course not.” She scooted over and pulled the blankets so he could sit, too and waved to him. He smiled and pulled her door shut and snuck over quietly, sitting next to her.

“That was a fun party. How’d you sleep?”

He nodded awkwardly but smiled. “Pretty good. Pete likes to cuddle so I was way too warm.”

She beamed. “You guys are cute. I bet it’s great to have Pete as a best friend.”

Patrick nodded, “Yeahhh, it’s interesting. Probably about the same as having Dez as a best friend.”

Troi looked horrified for a moment then smiled. “Dez is terryfing.”

“Pete scares me.”

She snorted and they both laughed as quietly as possible. Patrick found himself mesmerized by her laugh; the way her head tilted back in delight, the way her smile lit up her face and her teeth shined. Her laughter was like windchimes tinkling in the wind; it was a sound that resonated in his ears even after they calmed down. The man stared at her in an expression of awe and she pursed her lips in embarrassment. Her eyes dropped to her lap and her cheeks burned pink. “What?” She whispered.

“Nothing,” Patrick said just as quietly. He felt very breathless. His fingers plucked her blanket up and fiddled with it, looking for anything to say. “I thought we were going to get to talk more last night.” He blurted out.

Troi felt her stomach flip. “I thought so, too, but I guess we were having too much fun.” She didn’t want to admit what she had seen, and he definitely did not want to admit what she had not.

“Yeah, that was cool, but I wanted to have fun talking to you.” He did his best to say that smoothly, knowing he had failed. Fuck, he was so bad at flirting.

“We can have fun right now.” She snatched his fedora away and dropped it on her head with a comical wink and Patrick reached out for it with a grin.

“No! Gimme!”

“Nope!” She put her hands on the brim and sat it perfectly, looking up under hooded eyes that were surely trying to engrave themselves in his memory.

He sucked in a breath. “You look better in my own hat then I do.”

“Impossible.”

“You do.” He said softly. “You look amazing.”

She found herself at a loss for words. Something passed between them--electricity, it felt like and Troi shivered at his words. She had never had anyone tell her that. She’d never had anyone compliment her like that. Dez sure, but not in the same context. And yes, she had been given compliments, but never made her feel this way. In awe. Disbelief maybe? Patrick was suddenly much closer and she wondered vaguely if her pulse was directly correlated to his proximity. She dropped her gaze then lifted it just quickly, meeting his eyes but then his mouth stole her attention, and he found it hard to focus. Her throat was cotton dry and her pulse was racing so fast, she wasn’t sure if she could move. He had such an effect on her, it was all so surreal. Oh, fuck, please kiss me. Please.

Patrick slid hand towards her and she paused. “You and Pete...” she said, swallowing. It was the last thing she wanted to bring up, but she just had to know. She had to.

Patrick shook his head, his blonde bangs swishing. “We’re just friends.”

“You sure?” She raised her brows and gave him a look. She wasn’t trying to be judgemental at all, she just wanted to know before she let herself really crush on him. “It’s okay if you aren’t.”

Patrick was quiet for a long time, longer than she would have liked, but then nodded very firmly. “I’m sure. Trust me. Besides....” He looked up shyly, an innocent expession about him. He was so close to her she could see the specks of hazel that seemed to illuminate his green eyes.

“Besides what?” She leaned in too, as if pulled by gravity, losing all her breath. Patrick moved closer, his face inches from her, his eyes searching for something---he didn’t know what---but he knew what he was searching for, she had it. He was sure of it. The only ever time he had felt this odd sense of security was with Pete and he had know him for years. This sudden presence of the emotion had him questioning everything--but something about her begged him to know more.

“Besides...” Patrick echoed again, leaning to close the gap between them. His hands practically shaking from anticipation. Troi’s eyes began to drift shut, her heart hammering against her ribs. All at once, everything began to fade away and then.

“Ooooooooooooooooooh,” They both heard and simultaneously froze. Troi forced her eyes open and sat back, the color rushing to her cheeks. God, these two. They were everything she ever imagined they would be, and more.

Patrick shut his eyes and groaned silently. Fuck Joe and Sisky so hard right now.

“No, don’t stop.” Joe snickered, “It was just about to get good!”

“So say what are you waiting for, kiss her, kiss her,” Sisky sang brightly. Patrick cringed. Sisky was a bass player for a reason.

Troi ducked her head and covered her face. So this was what it was going to be like to have these two as friends. This was going to be a trip. Sisky snickered and she tossed a pillow his way.

Patrick turned and shot his friends the meanest glare he could muster and shook his head. Oh, they had it coming. Just wait. “You’re dead,” he mouthed to them before he turned around and smiled awkwardly. He racked his brain for something to say--anything---come on, Patrick make words happen---

“.....Uh...so...how bout them cowboys?” He said weakly.

“BOOO,” Joe said, hands around his mouth. “I’m a Cubs fan!”

Patrick ran a hand over his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Okay, guys there is the third chapter. Please let me know what you think. I might stop writing this fic is no one is reading it. Hope you like it! I'm off cause it's my birthday! Have fun reading! (:
-Smokes

Song referenced - Tenderness by General Public (title of the chapter)