Reality

Who's Asbeel?

Bobby and Sam stood silent for a moment as they watched the strange girl drool a small puddle about midway through the Enochian book. It had been a few hours since she'd passed out, face in the book she claimed was about angels and hand on another about ancient spells. Bobby had decided against waking her, but called Sam instead. She had no obvious characteristics of any angel he'd known, but he couldn't figure out how it was she could read Enochian so flawlessly and understand it.

"And she knows the future?" Sam asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"She knows things," Bobby clarified. "She knows about you and Dean, hell she knows about me." Tearing his eyes from the girl, Bobby looked up at Sam as he continued to watch her sleep. "And she knew you were alive." Sam averted his attention to Bobby.

"How could she know all that?" Bobby shrugged, looking back down at Ella as she began to mumble something in her sleep. "You think she's an angel? I mean if she's reading Enochian."

"Beats me," that had been Bobby's first guess, but not enough added up. If she was an angel, her arm would have long healed. "She seems pretty human to me, Sam."

"Unless we've got another Anna case on our hands." Anna, that was the angel that had ripped her own grace from herself and fallen to Earth. That was a possibility, but Anna had also been tuned in to angel radio, Ella just knew too much.

"But how could she know so much about us? Angels aren't psychic, Sam."

"As far as we know." Sam reached under his jacket, "we should just kill her to be safe." Bobby looked down to see the knife Sam had produced. Now Bobby had noticed something was different about Sam since he'd gotten back, he'd been acting strange and not at all like the Sam he'd known. Killing a seemingly innocent girl, however, was a new low and even Bobby couldn't hide the surprise.

"Have you gone bat shit crazy?" Bobby reached out to take the knife from him. "We don't kill innocent people, Sam. Even the weird ones." He wasn't sure if it was simply the whole trip to Hell or what, but whatever it was that happened down there had changed him. No matter how hard Sam tried to ignore the subject.

"Yeah, no you're right." Bobby watched him for a moment longer. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have Dean help them figure this thing out, just long enough to get Ella back to wherever it was she came from.

"Sam?" Bobby was pulled from his thoughts at the sound of Ella's voice. Both men turned to face the woman as she wiped the sleep from her eyes. It was almost difficult to imagine her as a mother, she looked so young as it was and yet somehow her being tired only made her look younger.

"How do you know my name?"

"It's complicated," Ella blinked a few times, looking around the room. She hadn't meant to fall asleep, but she wished that when she'd awoke it would have all just been some dream. "Wait why aren't you with Dean?"

"Why would I need to be with Dean?" As far as Sam was concerned, Dean was doing just fine. It was exactly the reason he hadn't let him know he was alive.

"The monster you've been hunting, um..." Sam watched as Ella squeezed her eyes shut as she struggled to remember.

"The Djinn?" Bobby was right, this girl did know things. She more than likely knew what was going on with all the sudden monster activity, maybe even what or who brought him and Samuel back. She could be a valuable asset.

"You have to go save him, it's going after him too and he doesn't know it." Ella had sat up in her urgency because Sam's mind seemed to be on something else. She had no idea what was more important than saving Dean, but she did know that Sam's soul was currently AWOL and soulless Sam was kinda a dick, sexy on screen, but a dick.

"How exactly do you know?" Sam asked as Bobby looked from Sam to Ella with crossed arms, mostly to hide the knife from Ella.

"I saw it already, you and your family, your grandfather Samuel, you save him." The girl even knew about Samuel.

"You know what's going to happen in the future?" Ella frowned, leaning back on the sofa. She was afraid, though she wouldn't say it out loud, she knew what soulless Sam was capable of and she didn't want to know what he would do to her for information.

"I don't think so, this wasn't suppose to happen." She was speaking the truth, but Sam didn't seem to be listening. All he cared about was this girl knew the future and he was now thankful Bobby stopped him from killing her. "I think my presence is changing the future, because you're suppose to be watching Dean, tracking down the Djinn with the Campbells."

"What brought us back?" Ignoring Ella's warnings, Sam took a step closer to her. "If you know, tell me." Ella did know, but she couldn't tell him. She just wanted to get home.

"Sam, I know what you're going through, but—" Sam suddenly lurched forward, pinning Ella against the back of the Sofa, his arms on either side of her, caging her in.

"Sam!" Bobby hurried towards him, grabbing his shoulders. Ella's heart threatened to beat out of her chest, first Dean and now Sam. Supernatural was not all it was cracked up to be in person.

"What's going on?" Sam had lowered so that he was eye to eye with Ella. He wasn't planning on harming her, he needed her, needed to know what she knew. He was not, however, past torturing her if she refused. It was all about the bigger picture, she was just one woman, but her knowledge could probably save thousands—millions.

Crowley was trying to find a way to get the soul's from purgatory so that he could take over Heaven and Hell. This, Ella did remember, but Samuel was working for Crowley and Sam was working with Samuel. If she told him what was really going on, everything would be ruined.

Ella raised her hand slightly to Bobby, telling him to back away. No one was suppose to know yet that Sam didn't have his soul. She would try to reason with him, she just had to remember this wasn't the real Sam. Lingering for a moment, Bobby released Sam and took a few steps back. He hoped to God she had a plan, he had no idea what was getting into Sam and if he snapped that little woman's neck, well that was on Bobby for calling him in the first place.

"Sam," Ella's voice was shaky, but she managed to look him in the eyes as she spoke, "I know what's wrong with you." Sam's muscles relaxed a bit, "all I can do is promise you that everything will work out, but you have got to save Dean." Sam didn't move.

"Why?" She was being too vague.

"You need Dean's help." He knew he should care about Dean, he knew he should be dropping everything to go save his brother, but he didn't.

Without taking his eyes off of Ella, Sam straightened up. If she said he needed Dean, then he would save him. Ella fought to steady her breathing as she watched him take a few steps back beside Bobby. Bobby had no idea what he had just witnessed, that wasn't Sam at all and he wasn't even sure what to say.

"Okay," Sam nodded, reaching his hand out towards Bobby for his knife. Bobby hesitated, "Bobby, I need to go help my brother." That was Sam, going to help Dean. Bobby placed the knife in his hands, glancing back at Ella who simply nodded. Placing the knife back in his belt, Sam turned to look at Ella. "I'll be back." And without another word, he left.

Both Bobby and Ella sat in the silence for a while. Bobby felt like he should apologize to her, he had no idea Sam would act the way he did. Their lives were steadily falling apart; maybe it was a good thing Ella was here. Maybe she was sent to help them, she did know things—no, that was ridiculous, Bobby knew that.

"Uh," Ella looked up as Bobby had spoke, though neither really knew what to say. She was confused, how had Sam not known that the Djinn was after Dean as well? Not to mention she was reading Enochian. None of it made any sense. "You wanna beer?"

Beer. Ella had nearly forgotten that was damn near all they drank in this show; alcohol. She had no idea how they stayed hydrated fighting the monsters.

"No, thanks." Ella offered Bobby a smile before returning to her books. She'd never been much of a drinker and besides, she was the lightest of lightweights. The last thing she needed at the moment was to get hammered from a few beers.

"Right, well," he wasn't sure what to say, he didn't even know the girl. "Hell, I do." Heading towards the kitchen, Bobby left Ella alone in his study. After a night of skimming through books, he needed a minute to himself. He knew Dean popping up on his doorstep would't be a good sign.

Ella didn't mind being alone, though she wished he would continue to help her look for something. The sun was rising, she was exhausted, and still they'd gotten nowhere, though she supposed falling asleep hadn't helped the matter.

There was only one person that really knew how to help her and the thought disturbed her. She would have to summon Balthazar, she'd wasted enough time as it was. She knew it would be risky, he hadn't been introduced into the show yet and he wasn't exactly such a good person in the beginning, she remembered he was dealing human souls when the boys first meet him.

Bobby was still in the kitchen when Ella had hatched her plan. Bobby, Sam, or Dean couldn't know about Balthazar and vise versa. She would have to get the summoning supplies and hightail it out of there to actually perform the ritual.

The spell she'd found a while ago, in the Enochian book. She just needed to somehow find the supplies and try to stay quiet enough as to not arouse any suspicion from Bobby. Keeping her eyes on the kitchen, Ella ripped the page from the book. If she was being completely honest with herself, she had no idea what she was really looking for or where Bobby's supplies even was, and it didn't help that most of Bobby's ingredients weren't even labeled. She knew she needed candles though and the sigils she could copy well enough, maybe the herbs were more of a suggestion?

"Hey," Ella jumped, dropping a candle onto the floor. Turning around quickly, she noticed that though Bobby had called to her, he was still in the kitchen. "You want something to eat?" His voice was coming closer and she began to panic.

"Uh, no!" Stooping down to retrieve the candle, Ella stuffed it into a plastic grocery bag she'd managed to find and hurried towards the door. "I'm just gonna go out and get some air!" She wasn't sure if Bobby was following her or not, but Ella had hurried into a full on run through Bobby's junkyard. She knew she wouldn't manage to get far before he noticed she was missing, so she decided on simply finding a spot hidden between a few of his old cars to perform the ritual.

She was hidden well enough if she could do this as quickly and as quietly as possible. The real problem would be keeping Balthazar quiet, if the ritual even worked.

Giving a quick look around as she finished drawing the sigils and lighting the candles, Ella unfolded the paper. Mentally crossing her fingers, Ella began reading the incantation.

"Zod ah mah rah na ee es lah gee roh sah." As she finished, she pinched her eyes closed, repeating Balthazar's name over and over in head. She was afraid to open her eyes, afraid that the spell hadn't worked because of her makeshift ingredients.

"You do realize that was a locator spell." Ella's eyes shot open at the sound of Balthazar's voice. He was sitting quite comfortably on one of the old junked out cars with a glass of champagne in one hand. He hadn't even bothered to look up to see who had just tried to summon him.

Ella did, however, realize that she had used a locator spell. It was all she had, but she'd just been trying to get Balthazar's attention, hoping that he had enough curiosity to see who was trying to summon him and it worked.

"I know you don't know me, but I'm in need of your help." Ella wasn't looking forward to explaining everything that had happening again, but if it meant getting home she would have to tell him.

Balthazar scoffed, hopping down from the car.

"And what makes you think—" He stopped suddenly, staring at Ella wide-eyed as though he'd just seen a ghost. "Asbeel." He breathed, refusing to take another step towards her.

"Asbeel? Who's Asbeel?" Without another word, Baltazar vanished. "No—No wait!" She ran towards the spot he'd just been standing. He was definitely gone and she had no idea why or what had freaked him out so badly. Collapsing into the dirt, Ella hung her head, fighting back tears. Balthazar had been her chance to get home, and not even he would help her.

Looking up, Ella took a deep breath. She didn't want to lose her composure, not in this reality. She had to keep looking, if Balthazar wouldn't help her she would find the way back to her reality on her own then, starting with the name Balthazar had called her; Asbeel.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to get this chapter up before tonight's episode, but I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!