His Desire

and take this all in stride

"What do you think?" her captor asked, leaning against the wall the bed was against. The way he was sat made him dominate the bed and all Tina wanted to do was tell him to get off of it. It had become hers, the place that she spent most of her time, and while he accompanied her on it whenever he visited there was a difference between that and the situation she was currently in, where she was stood for inspection and not curled into the quilt. "Well?"

Her fingers brushed against the hem of the dress she was wearing and she looked down, not wanting to look at him. It was barely even a dress, coming down to just past her bum, but that wasn't the thing she hated the most - after all, it would have been something. But no, it was sheer and intended to be lingerie and the falseness of it made her feel more exposed than she felt when she was stood before him naked. It was as if the dress put her under a magnify-glass and the coverage it pretended to provide mocked her, enough so that she brought her gaze back to her captor, preferring to look at him. "Is it to wear during the day?"

"Of course not. The amount of times I've found you sleeping in a dress when you know you shouldn't be gave me the idea, seeing as you prefer to sleep in something when you're alone."

The reasoning sounded too nice, too thoughtful, but she knew better than to question it. "Thank you," she said quietly.

"To even it out, you can take off your knickers when wearing it."

There it was. For some reason wearing underwear gave her a sense of security that hadn't disappeared since the very first time he had forced her clothes from her, and part of her had the feeling that he knew just how much she valued sleeping in underwear and was trying to steal that from her, much like he had stolen everything else. "Even to sleep?"

"If you would prefer to just sleep in your knickers, I'll take the dress back," he said, holding a hand out.

"No!" she protested. Refuse something he was giving her? She didn't want to even think about what that could result in. "I was--it's just I wasn't sure whether you would want to see me in this, that's all."

He dropped his hand and stood up from the bed, taking a step forward so that he was in front of her. "I'm seeing you in it now," he said, running a hand down her chest. "I might ask you to wear it for my last visit on some days, but I got it so that you would no longer feel inclined to disobey me during the night."

She said nothing and just watched as he dropped his hand and moved behind her. She wondered what he would say if he came in and found her wearing nothing. Would it still be disobedience if she was in his favourite state? The thought gave her a cruel swell of humour, and the brief appearance of such a rare feeling gave her the courage to speak as he began to run his fingers down her arm. "Can we play a game?" she asked, louder than she wanted.

There was silence but his fingers still continued moving until they got down to her wrist and he brought both arms around her waist, trapping her arms against her sides. "A game?"

She could take it back. There was still time to pretend that she hadn't been thinking, that she had meant to remain silent and allow him his moment of tenderness before he asked more of her, but instead she leaned her head back against his shoulder and tried not to think. "Like...like at the start. Where I can win something."

"And what would you like to win, Tina?" His tone hadn't quite reached the point where she became afraid, but still her heart started beating faster, the knowledge that the next thing she said had to be careful ever-present in her mind. But there had been enough days, enough fear, for her to be able to control herself to an extent.

"I want to spend time with you," she said, her fingers itching to grab his arms and remove them from the precarious position they were in, "outside of this room."

There, she had said it. There was no going back.

"Oh?" His tone was the same, not quite dangerous but not as soft as she had wanted it to be, especially with how she had phrased her request.

"I don't mean anything by it, I swear! I just--it's that I get lonely when you're not here and even if you want me to sit quietly by your feet, it means I won't be alone," she said, her breath hitching in her throat with every word. "I can even make you dinner again. Please, Henry. I just don't want to be alone."

Was that too much? Too much begging? It was always hard to determine just how much he wanted her to beg, especially as he had already warned her about her previous pleading nature, but it was hard to just simply ask something of him without a slither of desperation seeping into her words. How could it not?

His hands moved from where they were and his presence behind her disappeared, but he didn't come round to face her so she just stood there, unsure whether he expected her to turn around or whether he was doing something else. "Do you remember your first few weeks here?" he asked.

"You--you said that I could roam the house if I gained your trust."

There was a long pause of silence. She itched to look over her shoulder to see his expression but at the same time she was terrified at what she might see. "So I did."

"And I'm doing everything you want, I'm even touching you first like you asked. I'm being good for you--I am being good, right, Henry? If not, I can do better!"

A hand came over her mouth, cutting off anything else she was going to say. She'd gone too far. How could she have been so stupid? She should have stopped, backtracked and told him that the room was perfect for her and that all she had meant to say was that she missed him when he wasn't visiting her. That would have been much safer, but it was too late now.

"What I meant, Tina, was do you remember the incident that occurred in your first few weeks here? You might consider your disobedience at the cottage as your worst, but for me the most troublesome one was when you decided to run away from me in this very house."

Her heart pounded heavily in her chest as she recalled what he was on about, the time when she'd thought she had escaped him only to discover that he had her trapped in every way. She opened her mouth to backtrack but her teeth lightly scrapped against his hand and as a result he pressed his hand harder, pulling her back so that she was once more held against him.

"Shh, I'm not finished," he said lightly, bringing his free hand to her wrist as if he knew she was just about to raise it to grab at the hand over her mouth. "I'm not surprised at this request, in fact I had been expecting something of the sort earlier, but we have been through a lot since I first said that. Am I right? And you've also made such good progress because, yes, Tina, you have been such a good girl. So, with that in mind, would it be fair to push you towards such temptation?"

Tina wanted to scream as his words took away her chance. After everything she had been doing, every touch and kiss she had been giving him, it was coming to nought. He wasn't going to let her out of the room, even when she had shaped her desire entirely around him. She had been so sure that he would have wanted the option to exert his control more now that she was wholly obedient and the fact that it appeared that she had been so wrong crushed her immensely. Without even realising, he had destroyed weeks worth of painstaking planning and humiliation.

"Now, I don't doubt that you miss me when I'm not with you, but there are things I have to do outside of this room so I'm afraid that's something you're going to have to endure," he said, gently removing his hand from her mouth and bringing it down to the hem of her dress. His other hand remained around her wrist as he brought the dress up around her hips and slipped his hand into her underwear. "But now that I know you miss me so much, we can be intimate during all my visits, and I might even come a fourth time on some days."

She closed her eyes and counted to three. "What about the cottage?" she asked quietly, her free hand lightly resting on the arm of the hand that was in her underwear. She could grab it easily and pull him away. Nothing was stopping her except the idea of pain, but now that he had brutally ripped away the sole idea she'd had for weeks, what would the pain be if not just a reminder that she couldn't even convince him to have her chained downstairs?

"Soon," was all he said.

"I'm sorry."

He placed a kiss on her shoulder. "Don't apologise, I'm glad you asked."

They remained in that position for another few minutes. Tina spent every second going over all the things she had done in the past few weeks to enable him to trust her, bitterly condemning herself for being so stupid. What good was her obedience if it got her nothing? Everything would seem better if she was downstairs and closer to actual windows she could see out of and the front door that was only merely locked; instead, all she had was a door the chain on her ankle wouldn't let her step five feet out of and a window that might as well not even be a window. She still had that stupid loose piece of wood but she wasn't delusional enough to even hold a shred of hope that it would be of any use. She wanted to laugh as she remembered the hidden knife back at the cottage, something which she had forgot about. How weak was she, having a weapon in both places but refusing to use either one? Realistically, she knew neither would actually stand as a weapon, but back when she had hidden the knife and discovered the loose board, both had seemed plausible to aid an escape. She missed how strong she used to be.

When he was done he pulled his hand from her underwear and let her dress drop. "As much as I'm not done with you, there's things I have to do between now and later. So it's not just you that has to endure when I leave," her captor said.

"I didn't think of you. I'm sorry."

He turned her so that she was facing him and moved his hand to her head to run his fingers through her hair. "Like I said, don't apologise. I like hearing how much you want me." He pressed a kiss to her forehead and let go of her. "I'll see you tonight." With that he left the room.

It took her a moment to fully absorb his words. Laughter bubbled in her throat and she had to dig her teeth into the palm of her hand to stop it coming out. How much she wanted him? How sick did someone have to be to believe that was what she had meant? Even so, him believing that still hadn't got her what she had wanted.

Once her moment of hysterics had passed, Tina looked down at her dress and closed her eyes. She needed a new plan. Both disobedience and obedience got her nowhere, so what else was left? She opened her eyes and grabbed the hem of her dress, meaning to tear it off her body when she stopped. No, disobedience had got her to the cottage. Sure, it was in the middle of nowhere, and naturally he became more dominating and violent, but had she incapacitated him more she could have actually escaped. It hadn't even been a planned escape attempt but she had made it almost out the window, and being in the middle of nowhere could work to her advantage. The reminder of her disastrous first attempt that involved the police told her that another attempt in the same place would most probably end up with the same result. Clearly her captor had some kind of relationship with the police. The way they were with her, especially that policewoman, made her think that it might not have been malicious, at least not on their part. She had no idea what he did whenever he left the room, and she certainly had no idea what he did before he had taken her, but she could hazard a guess that she was right about a friendly relationship between him and the police which meant that help in the place she currently was in remained slim.

She pulled the dress off and bent down to grab her actual dress, pulling it on hastily. If she was remembering the journey correct, the cottage must have been in a different county. Even if it wasn't a different county, it was surely far enough away from the house they were currently in for the locals to need a closer police station, which meant that it was long enough that - maybe, just maybe - there would be a different local police branch, and the likelihood that he had managed to befriend two different stations was very unlikely. As unlikely as it is to be kidnapped, she thought to herself bitterly, seizing the sheer lingerie dress from the floor. He said soon to the possibility of going to the cottage, but how soon was soon?

The fabric in her hand taunted her as she went into the bathroom and without another thought she brought it up to her mouth and tore a hole in it with her teeth. The fact that it tore so easily told her that she would much rather be forced to sleep in just her underwear than just the dress. Her knickers were solid and whole, and while they could easily be moved or invaded, they weren't as pathetic as this dress was if she found herself trying to resist. She made the hole bigger with her fingers before she threw it in the sink, an excuse already forming in her head. Now all she needed was another plan to form as easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
These past six months have been awful and if I'm honest, I didn't think I was going to come back. March was horrific for several reasons and I just don't know what I'm doing. But I moved house last month and I also graduated from my undergraduate degree two weeks after moving. I'm still not okay but I'm hoping that this house move draws more writing from me.

I realised that I made an error with dating last chapter. I thought it was day 200 but that was chapter 16, and the last chapter (17) was actually day 220. This chapter signals day 254 of Tina's captivity.