Status: complete ~ see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Scars Don't Heal When You Keep Cutting

Chapter Fifteen

“Wake up, boys!” my dad’s loud voice calls, waking me up. “If you sleep now, you won’t be able to sleep tonight!”

I look to Ben, who didn’t even stir. I shake him gently until his eyes flutter open.

“Dad wants you to wake up.” He groans and rolls over so that he’s laying on his belly, face buried in the pillow.

“I don’t wanna get up!” I manage to hear him whine.

“I don’t either, but I’m up,” I tell him as I sit up, pulling him up with me.

“Boo,” he groans as he removes himself from my arms to get out of bed. I get out of bed too.

“What do you wanna do?” I ask him before quickly adding, “And going back to sleep is not an option.” He groans, earning a smile from me.

"You can tell me some stuff about you since it's always you asking me the questions," he suggests. True…

"Well, what do you wanna know about me?" I ask as I sit on the floor, completely ignoring the bed that was literally right there but okay…

"I don't know. Uh...Just tell me anything. Your love life, maybe, since I told you about mine?"

I chuckle at the memories.

"I used to bang whores in eleventh grade. I didn’t find it all that appealing but then there was this dude one night… Damn..."

"Uh...okay?" he says awkwardly as his face reddens cutely.

"What else do you wanna know?"

"Um...I don't know. This conversation is kinda awkward."

"Well, wanna go downstairs and watch TV?" He nods.

"I wanna watch TV, but I don't wanna go downstairs," he sighs lazily.

"Then shall I carry you down?" I smirk as I perch myself into gargoyle position next to him.

"Uh..." is all he mumbles. I roll my eyes and motion for him to get on my back. He hesitates for a second before he actually does get on.

"This'll be fun!" I cheerfully chirp as I hook my arms under his knees. "I'm about to get up!"

I push myself up from the floor effortlessly. He's really light, which makes picking him up quite enjoyable. Ben clings tightly onto me as I do, trying desperately not to fall. Psh, like I’d let that happen.

"Downstairs we go!" I cheer as I point at the door. I march out of the room quickly, Ben tightens his grip on the collar of my shirt, if that was even possible.

"Danny, slow down! We'll fall!" he whines as we approach the stairs.

"No we won't! We'll get there safely!" I smile as I start jumping- literally, down the stairs.

"Danny, I'm too heavy! We'll fall!" he whines again.

"Ben, you're not heavy at all," I tell him before taking one huge jump downstairs, skipping quite a few of them. My feet landed on the edge of one of the steps before sliding dangerously down a few of them. I let go of Ben’s legs to slam my palms against the walls next to me, slowing us down before we tumble down the rest of the stairs.

"See?! We almost fell!" he whines.

"Yeah, but that was my fault!"

He doesn't say anything else as I finish jumping down the stairs. I march to the couch and drop Ben down onto the couch. I grab the TV remote before sitting next to him.

"Dinner's almost ready, boys!" Dad calls from the kitchen. I smile.

"You gonna eat this time?" I ask Ben as I start flipping through the channels. He shakes his head.

"Not really hungry," he answers again as he watches the channels change from one to another on the TV screen.

"You sure? My parents make really good food.” He nods.

"I'm sure. Thanks."

I give up on looking for something good to watch and toss the remote onto the couch. We're just gonna have to watch whatever the hell is on this channel. It’s some sort of cartoon, that’s all I know.

After of watching whatever the heck was on, I speak up.

"I'll probably go to your house around midnight-ish for your stuff," I tell him.

"You were actually serious? You're letting me stay with you?" he asks as I see him turn to look at me from the corner of my eye.

"Duh. As long as my parents don't mind," I smile as I turn to look at him too. "We can even make it seem like you're having a bunch of sleepovers here, and maybe some days, we'll have you go to Sam's house so it's not too suspicious, yeah?"

"Um...I guess it sounds pretty okay."

"Yeah, everything will be okay, now," I assure him. He merely sighs sadly and leans his head on my shoulder.