Status: Just Writing this fantasy so I don't forget it one day. If peoplel like it that's cool too.

Starting Over

The Guy

“You're looking at the handsome devil of the leaf,” a tall man in a green jumpsuit stood before them. His eyebrows thick and bushy, and his black hair cut in to a perfect bowl. He was muscular and wore thick orange leg warmers. He also had some sort of metal apparatus around one of his legs, as if to offer stability or support.

“Might Gai you're the guy!” Vivian's face lit up as she glomped her old friend and comrade. He had some extra lines around the eyes, and mouth. And his leg what's that about?She hugged him tighter, and even kissed his cheek making him blush furiously.

“See, you just cannot keep the women of the leaf off me,” he said in a heroic voice.

“Oh hush,” Vivi stood and helped Gai to his feet. Again, she noticed the metal device around his leg. “Gai, what happened?”

“A lot has happened since you've been away Vivian,” Kakashi stated obviously. Ignoring him Vivi turned her attention back to Gai.

“Well I lost it fighting Madara Uchiha in the 4th shinobi war,” Gai said solemnly. Vivians eyes widened surprised. “But look who is the one still here. Thats because I'm still overflowing with youth!” he flexed his muscles. “Age isn't a number it's a state of mind. And the lotus of the leaf village blooms twice!” His eyes grew misty with passion for his statements. He gave them the thumbs up sign and smiled teeth glistening in the sun. Xavier stared awkwardly at him not sure what to think. He looked at Kakashi for guidance, who only shrugged in response.

“Whoa I can't believe it,” Vivian was happy, but also shocked and confused. What's happened in the time I've been away? The war broke out and I wasn't even there for my village... Do I even have a place in Konoha anymore?

“See I'm way cooler, and hip than Kakashi will ever be,” he smiled sure of himself. Xavier looked back and forth between the two with uncertainty. I was starting to think ninja where ok... but now I'm not so sure. Maybe Vivi and Kakashi are the only regular ones. Xavier kept his thoughts concealed and remained composed. Gai continued talking, “Normally I'm confined to a wheel chair, but I had this arranged, just so I could see you.”

“So does that only brace your leg, or does it give you full mobility?” X questioned thinking about the straw hat cyborg Franky. He could completely transform his body, shoot out rockets, fire off limbs, and run on soda pop. This looked like child's play compared to that.

“It's the latest state of the art equipment, that only super fine ninja, like myself have access to. It gives me the ability to regain my basic leg mobility for walking and slow running. However my abilities as a ninja are limited now.” Gai responded showing off the apparatus a bit. Vivian frowned thinking about her friends hardship, and all she had missed. “Don't get me wrong, I am still an excellent ninja,” he smiled brightly at Vivi. “I just think it's time to let the youth have their shinning moment. I can't always steal their thunder. They need to prove themselves, and live in the present. That's how we will create a beautiful future,” there was fire in his eyes. Vivi nodded thinking about Xavier. Whatever my feats and mistakes, they don't matter. What matters now is setting Xavier on the right track in life.

“Well if you want I might be able to make it more effective. I've learned a small bit about mechanics, and building from my crew mates. We have a cyborg named Franky, and Usopp is also really good at tinkering.” Xavier mentioned as he examined it closer mind racing with ideas. “I couldn't make something permanent like them, but it would be durable. Stronger than this at least. And easily fixed or replaced.” He leaned over and turned his head side ways to view it at a different angle. “You could run, and jump, and kick people with lots of power. Probably more than you could with a human leg.”

“Hmm,” Gai stared at him skeptically for a moment trying to judge his character. “You know what kid I like your style. You have ambition, and you're full of youths vitality!” The fire was back in his eyes. “ I'll tell you what, if you can build me a leg like that then, I'll try it out,” he gave the nice guy pose, with the thumbs up, and flashy smile. “And that's a promise Xavier, directly from me Might Gai, so you can count on it!”

The enthusiasm made Xavier feel embarrassed. He smiled back at Gai but also became slightly recluse with so much attention on him. “Um, ok.” he shifted his weight from foot to foot nervously. “I'll start it right away, and let you know when it's ready for you to try on.”

“Ah speaking of try on I brought you some clothes. Now I did bring the clothes requested by Kakashi. Buuut, I had a feeling I might take a liking to you.” He glanced at Xavier then at Vivi. “I knew if you where anything like your aunt, and father you would be cleaver, strong, and focused on becoming a fine ninja.” He hesitated before adding, “Or pirate.” He dug through his back pack and pulled out some clothes, “So I knew just to be safe I should bring this,” it was a green jumpsuit and leg warmers identical to what he wore, but smaller. “Its breathable material is perfect for long hard work outs. It is stretchy, and durable, so you have room to grow and it won't wear out.”

Xavier continued listening as he stared at Gai in embarrassed confusion. Kakashi stifled a chuckle, I can't believe he's still at it. This guy truly never gives up on his ideasKakashi felt a chill run through him when he heard Vivian giggle. Sweet and melodic as it had once been long ago. He realized he missed it, he missed her. Vivi watched as Gai slid the leg warmers on a uneager Xavier. Same old Gai, she thought to her self shaking her head.

“Ahem,” Kakashi cleared his throat stepping forward. Xavier looked up at him with pleading eyes. Please Kakashi, Vivi, someone do something I have no idea what to do here. As if reading his mind, Kakashi gave a slight nod to Xavier who was forced half way in to the jumpsuit. “Maybe we should just lay out all of our options, and let the boy pick what he wants for himself. The only real thing we've decided on, so far, is that he wants to wear a mask.”

Gai rolled his eyes. Of course Kakashi always trying to be so hip with his mask, and his cool attitude. Well I'm might Gai and I win through sheer will and determination! Gais inner dialog had created a long silence with everyone's attention directed at him.

“Oh, yes, sure. A youth must be forced to make their own decisions in order to shape their minds for future obstacles. Ultimately this decision will make you stronger!” Gai resolved with the gleam back in his eye. Xaviers interest perked up at the mention of making him stronger. Now he felt like this decision was more meaningful. Laid out before him where Gais options along with a black mask, ninja sandles, a black long sleeved shirt similar to Kakashi's, black shorts, and standard ninja pants.

“I'll take the short sleeve shirt, the pants, the mask, and I'd like to keep my boots if that's ok.” Xavier looked up at them curiously.

“It's fine as long as they don't slow you down, or give away your position,” Vivian told him. Gai looked a bit sad with the decision.

“I would like to have smaller versions of these leg warmers though.” Gai brightened up at that statement. “In maybe a different color, like blue or black.” Xavier mentioned examining them and sliding them on his arms. “I think if I wear them on my arms they could conceal my knives.” He grinned confidently. Kakashi raised his eyebrows amused and nodded.

“Yeah that is definitely a good idea.”

“See I told you my outfits can be very versatile in fighting. And also very hip and stylish. You have good taste young man.” Gai pointed out going in to detail with X about the garment and the material. Vivian sighed light heartedly. This moment... it feels good

“I can help with the color X. Bring them here,” she grabbed the leg warmers and pulled out a small sack with some round balls. She crammed the warmers in to the sack with the balls and tied it of. Moments later a loud hissing sound emerged from the bag, along with faint black smoke. After a while the hiss died down and Vivian carefully opened the bag. “Black smoke screen, that can also be used to dye clothing,” She smiled and shook out the garments. “They are still too big but we can just tie the ends with something until we get to the village.”

Xavier changed in to his new clothes and an unsettling thought crossed Vivian's mind. He looked like he could be the offspring of her and Kakashi. Naturally he bore a family resemblance to Vivian due to their blood ties. Red hair, copper skin, but the mask, spiky hair, and his gray eyes made him look like Kakashi. I'm pretty sure he gets the eyes from his mother though... I just wonder what everyone else is going to think returning after so long, with a child none the less. She shook her head as she looked at Xavier walking around, and getting used to his new attire. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks any more. You're just here to guide him. He looked at her for approval and she frazzled his hair with a grin.

“Very handsome young man. And I'm not just saying that cause w are related.” His eyes smiled at her and she felt that warmth in her chest again. It said that she just wanted to protect him and give him the best she could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Towards the end I got very sleepy so it may have started slipping