Status: On-going

Change Your Life

Chapter 12

4 months later

“Put that away” my roommate Anya instructed as she watched me paging over the magazine she bought from the market yesterday.

“Nope I enjoy the torture of watching him being happy with someone else” I lied as I scanned the pics taken of him and Bouchra shopping in Manchester and Paris.

“He should be shopping with you…for your ba…”

“Lalalalalalalala” I began to sing as I stood up from my chair and pulling down my dress. “I don’t want you to even say his name in this house especially around…” I hinted while pointing down as she rolled her eyes.

“Ugh Rils come on, you can’t keep this a secret forever. Eventually he will find out” she tried to bargain as I shook my head no.

“He won’t” I said confidently as I collected my hand bag. “And even if he did, I’ll hopefully be long gone by then” I said cryptically as she looked at me suspiciously.

“You’re thinking about leaving?” she asked in shock.

I merely shrugged as I walked closer to the door.

“I haven’t decided yet. With John locked away for life, I can start my life over again, anywhere in the world. Maybe that life doesn’t involve Robin van Persie” I declared as I left the house for my appointment.

-

“Well that looks all good. Your son is looking healthy Riley. Keep up whatever you’re doing” Dr Martina mentioned as she lowered my top after the routine scan.

“Thanks doctor” I responded as I sat up and prepared for what had become our usual post consult chats.

“So I take it the father still doesn’t know?” she began as I nodded in agreement. She took a deep breath before speaking again. “Riley you know I would never tell you what to do with your life but are you sure you are ready to do this by yourself? A child is a big responsibility and I just want you to understand that you don’t have to be a single parent”

“I know but I don’t have a choice. His dad isn’t really involved in his life and I’m not about to force him to be. He has moved on and I’m trying to do the same” I explained as she shook her head disapprovingly.

“Oh well, I didn’t know that. If you are sure about this then good luck” she said before looking down and signing off a few papers that gave me the all clear. “You’ve passed your first trimester quite successfully so I don’t think we need to see each other as much. You can call me whenever there’s a problem” she assured me as I nodded before collecting my bag.

“Thanks doctor M. I’ll see you around” I winked before leaving the room.

As I left the gynea’s room, I contemplated what to do next but as I saw a bunch of kids eating ice cream I knew exactly what I wanted.

I quickly walked towards the ice-cream shop before ordered an assortment of flavours and then went to sit at the back of the store to enjoy them.

But as I continued to dig into my dessert, someone decided to join me at my table.

“Can I he…Daley” I breathed before I could even finish my sentence.

“When exactly where you planning on telling Robin about your pregnancy?” he snapped as he got straight to the point as to why he was here.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…