Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 11: Introduction to the Crew

*Your Point Of View*

You climbed in the Gummi Ship and started to look around, Riku followed you from behind. You've never really been in a Gummi Ship, so you were so amazed by it's technology once you step foot in it.

"WOW, it's so cool", you said looking at the controls and every inch of the gummi ship. You start to move around while examing the ship, when you suddendly bumped into someone.
"Ohh, sorry. I didn't mean-", you paused to see the person you bumped in to. You opened your eyes and see a dog like person standing in front of you, next to him was a duck.
"Umm, what are you suppose to be?", you said asking politely at the dog like creature, when Sora jumps in and says, "Aniko, these are my friends Donald and Goofy. This is there Gummi Ship".

"Pleasure to meet you, Aniko, hyuck", said Goofy in a funny voice. You giggled at Goofy for his "hyuck". You faced the duck.

"Hello, Aniko", said Donald as he kissed Aniko's hand. You started laughing at Donald for his non-understandable voice. He looked at you confused.
"I'm sorry, Donald. You're so funny", you continued to laugh as the duck wailed a "What!!".
Sora pushed you aside and whispered, "uh, don't make Donald angry, he has a short temper".

You nodded your head and smiled at the duck. Kairi came in holding in her hands what appeared to be two chipmunks.
"Aniko, this is Chip and Dale, they're the engineers. Aren't they cute". You looked at them and completely adored them at first sight.
"Awww, they're so cute", you said as you started to comb their hair with your finger. THe one with the red nose laugh.

"We're cute and smart", he said so cutely. The other one stood straight and faced Aniko. "Aniko, welcome to the team".
You smiled at them, the chipmunk with the black nose continued to talk. "Now, we only have one rule in this gummi ship...and it's to always smile. The gummi ship runs on smile".
"That's weird, I never thought engines could fly on smiles", you said in a thinking tone. You scratched your head and shrugged your shoulders, "Ohh well, I will".
Goofy and Donald sat on the front seat, while the others sat on the back. Donald pressed a couple of buttons and buckled up.

"We're off to Radiant Garden", he said, as he put the ship in warp speed. Riku held your hand and said to you, "Hold on". You smiled at him, until the ship moved at warp speed. Your head was slammed to the chair as the pressure pushed you to the chair. You couldn't lift your head. It felt as if gravity was pulling you.

The ship finally stopped, and you were able to lift your head.
"Owww, that gave me a headache. Are we there yet?", you spoke up and saw that everyone was okay. Sora and Kairi gave a thumbs up. Goofy turned to you and giggled.
"Yep, we're here", he said. You looked at the window and saw that the ship had already landed. You sighed in relief.
"Whew, thank goodness. WOw, this town's really different. Are the people here nice?", you asked as Riku joined you looking in the window.
"They're all nice, don't worry. When they meet you, I know you'll fit right in", he said staring outside. You looked at him and nodded.

"I hope so, I hope I don't go berserk again. I wouldn't want to hurt any new friends I make", you said looking down at your hands.
You noticed the ship's door opened, and Kairi and Sora ran out of the gummi ship. Donald and Goofy went after them. Riku grabbed your hand, and looked at you straight in the eye with a smile on his face.
"Come on, I don't want our friends seeing you sad, it's gonna be okay. Trust me". You felt your heart leap with joy as Riku smiled at you once again. You both walked out of the gummi ship.

You've always wondered why you were always the one being sad and full of anger, while your friends were the ones making you smile. Why was it always there smiles, and not others. You've always wondered, why did your friends make you happy, and not the ones that are suppose to make you happy. Why didn't your family ever try to make you happy.
You were so lost in thought that you didn't notice that you bumped into Riku without noticing that he had stopped walking.

"Ohh, sorry Riku. I didn't mean to", you blushed as he looked at you, "It's okay. We're here".
You looked at the building in front of him and saw that it was shaped as a wizard's hat. You examined the building carefully.
Riku led you inside the house. He opened the door and you saw that Sora and Kairi were already sitting in chairs talking to some people.
"Oh, hey Aniko", said Sora, as he leaped out of his chair and introduced you.
"Everyone, this is Aniko, she's one of our friends on the island. Aniko this is everyone", he said sounding like a sponser.

You walked closely to examine the people when this girl with black short hair, that looked like a ninja, jumped in front of you and waved her hand right in front of your face. You got scared and jumped a little.

"Hi, I'm Yuffie. Welcome to the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee". She smiled she took your hand and started pointing at people.
"See those over there, that's Merlin, and Cid", she pointed to an old man wearing a blue hat and a robe. He had a long white beard that almost reached the floor. He waved at you with his wand.

The other guy was sitting on a chair. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was wearing worn out goggles on his head with a blue shirt and pants. He had a toothpick in his mouth. He saluted to you and returned to the controls.
"Don't worry about Cid, he's always a little grumpy", she tugged your arm and pointed to two other people.
"That over there is Aerith and Cloud", she said pointing to a girl with brown hair, wearing a pink dress. The other guy had blue eyes and blonde spikey hair. He wore a large black coat and had a large sword in his back.

"Welcome to the Committee , Aniko", said Aerith as she ran up to you a gave you hug. She released you, and you turned your attention to Cloud. He examined you carefully. He nodded his head and turned his head away. You knew it was his way of saying hi.
"Yeah, Cloud isn't really the talking type. Oh, yeah-", said Yuffie as she let go of your arm and went straight over to another guy in the corner.
"Last, but not least, my very own buddy and friend, Squall", she said pointing to the guy in another corner.

The guy walked over to Yuffie and looked at her seriously, "That's Leon...to you and everyone else, Yuffie". Yuffie laughed nervously, as she scratched her neck.
Leon walked over to you and crossed his arms. "So, you're Aniko. Sora's told me about you. He's told about the kind of powers you possess. What else can you do, besides controlling your weapons with your emotions".

You looked at him and started wondering if you should tell him about your powers, but you went ahead and told him anyways.
"Well, I can control heartless and weild my chakrams with my anger, but, most of the time I'm unaware of...well-" you paused for a minute.

You didn't want to tell Leon that you didn't know how to control your powers.
You started wondering if everyone would get scared of you, if everyone would forget you, if everyone would back away from you.
Your thoughts were inturrupted by Leon clearing his voice. "Well, we could use someone like you in the team. This place is filled with heartless, if we have someone like you, who can control heartless, we can clear this place up in no time", he said smiling at you.

You opened your eyes widely when you heard those words coming from Leon's mouth. They could use someone like me, you thought. Your heart was filling with joy and you let a tear fall from your eye.

Without noticing, you quickly hugged Leon. For the first time, you felt like you were needed. Aerith and Yuffie gasped when you hugeed Leon. Riku and Sora looked at you oddly, while Kairi started giglling. You backed away from Leon.
"Sorry, she's just excited", said Kairi as she pat on your back. You looked at Leon and smiled, "I'll do my best to help you guys". Leon nodded at you.
Yuffie yawned, "Well I guess you guys should spend the night here. It's getting late", she said as she stopped yawning.
Sora, Donald, Goofy and Kairi ywaned too. You laughed at them. "Well let's get some shut eye", said Sora walking up to the couch, about to lay there. You noticed it was getting dark but you weren't tired.

"Ummm, is it okay if I take a walk. I'm not really tired", you said rubbing your arm with your other hand. Aerith greetfully answered.
"Of course you can", she said. You walked to the door when felt someone grab your arm. You turned to see Riku looking at you.
"Don't take to long. It's dark out and who knows what could be out there", he said with a worried face. You smiled back and nodded.
"Don't worry, I won't take long. Thanks for worrying about me, Riku", you said as Riku released your arm and let you go.

You started walking around the town for a while noticing the shops and the people there.

You started walking towards the bailey. Once you reached over there you noticed the sight of a castle. You sropped and looked at it for a while. You felt like you were being drawn to it. It felt like something was calling you, it was drawing you, but you refused to move. You heard someone come in, from behind you.
"So, you feel the darkness drawing you in too, huh", said the voice behind you. You turned to realize who it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey. I really thought this chapter was boring for me..cause all i did was introduce the characters and , everyone knows them...except Aniko. *sigh* but I had to do it. I wonder if you guys can guess who's behind her. Hint: He has darkness too (No it's not Riku) that would've been predictable. You're just gonna have to find out!! Anyhow, more coming soon!!