Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 27: Darkness Behind Every Corner

Aniko's Point of View

You walked around the library, curious of your surroundings, yet, amazed by it's grand galore of the amount of books it held. You had never seen anything like it. The libraries back at Destiny Islands were minor, and full of useless books that were filled with useless data, like "biology", you thought.

"Wow,I wonder what we could find here?", you asked, Sora smiled to your curiosity, he had forgotten that you had never actually been to Hallow Bastion before.
"I think we should stay here for a while, until the heartless have all cleared out. We could keep moving after they're all gone", Sora explained, as you agreed to his plan. The heartless were everywhere, maybe it was best to stay in the library. You started wondering to yourself, whether the others were okay, you decided not to worry by walking around the library, maybe you could find something that might help you.

"Sora, I'm gonna look at the books, okay?"
"Alright, I'll be on the look out, for any signs. Be careful okay!", he said as he opened the door, peeked his head outside, and looked around, his body slowly disappeared behind the door. You now knew you were alone in the library.

"Riku's Point of View"

You hid in the farthest corner on top of the bookshelf, in the dark. You heard Sora leaving through the door, and you were about to keep moving, when all of a sudden, you spot Aniko walking along the hall, through the rows of the bookshelves. You hesitated, not knowing what to do, you were trapped; trapped by the one person you didn't want to even get near of.

"Damn, this is getting out of control. I can't stay here forever...", you whispered to yourself, as you moved slowly and silently, your steps sounded as those of a black cat around the corner. You carefully made sure that Aniko couldn't here you. Still, the temptation of making her notice you, you hadn't seen her for a while, but this wasn't the right moment, not now.

"Thump", you made a book fall from one of the shelves. "No", you thought, you looked back at Aniko, who seemed to had heard the book fall.
"Hello? Is there someone there?",you heard Aniko reply, you stood perfectly still, making sure she wouldn't see you. You could hear her footsteps coming nearer, as she repeated, "Hello? Is there someone there?", only to realize.
"She's scared", you thought to yourself. You couldn't help but let out a little chuckle.
"You're not afraid of the dark, but afraid of being alone"

"Aniko's Point of View"

"What was that?", you heard a little laugh and turned your head around, only to see something in the far corner on the top of one of the bookshelves. Your eyes opened widely, to expose a dark figure on the top, sitting down, with one leg hanging from the edge of the bookshelf, and the other raised where he could place his arm on it. His face was covered by a hood, so you couldn't tell who it was.

"Who are you?", you asked him, the figure stood motionless, you were getting impatient, and you couldn't help the fact that this person felt familiar to you, somehow.
"Well? Show yourself?", you asked him, about to summon your chakrams. The figure then moved his head, tilting it, almost as if he was examining you. "So, you're not going to tell me who you are? Well, do I know you?", you paused as he moved his raised leg down, as if to come down from the bookshelf.

"So you're the quiet type, I guess? This isn't going to help me though", you said to him. The figure then got down from the bookshelf and approached close to you. You tried to look under his hood, for curiosity was killing you. He approached you, he slowly lifted his hand, reaching up to your cheek. You started to panic a little, but you felt like this was familiar to you. As you you felt his cold hand on your cheek, you felt like falling on him, but you shook your head, and backed away slowly.

"Whoa, wait. What are you doing?", you looked at the figure again, the figure looked down, then back up, shrugging his shoulders. "Oh, you think you're funny now. Well, it's not". You said to him, there was silence for a brief moment, until the figure started to walk away. You hesitated for a moment, until your mouth opened, releasing words.
"Wait!", you shouted out to him, he stopped and looked back at you. "Just tell me one thing...", you paused, sensing that familiar presence again, took a deep breath and said, "at least tell me, are you an ally"?

The figure and you stood there facing each other in silence again, but it broke off when the figure nodded his head, opened a portal and disappeared in it.

"People don't know, what they're looking for, can be right in front of them"
"Hmmmm, apparently, my pet has decided to warn his friends about us, well, we can't let this happen now, can we?", Maleficent whispered to her pet crow, as the crow cawed. She summoned her Wyvern heartless, and commanded, "Well, what are you waiting for, go after him. I'm sure he'll warn the king first".

The Wyvern heartless flew out of the window, and looking for their target. "This will give me the opportunity to go visit my little maiden".
Maleficent stood up from her throne, and let her pet crow fly away,as she grabbed her staff, and completely covered herself in green flames of fire. She had disappeared in ashes.

"Man, what is taking Sora so long. He said would be back, he should of been back by now...", you said to yourself as you sat in the library, waiting. You flipped the pages of a journal, which contained information of heartless, and research of the heart. Even though, this book contained quite interesting facts, you couldn't help the fact to think who that person was. Could it have been a heartless, a nobody? Maybe it was Axel? Nah, it couldn't have been, you thought. He would've shown his face from the beginning. Maybe someone from the Organization, but it couldn't have been, they would've taken you back to the castle.

"Man, I wish he could've told me at least, his name...", you flipped the page again, you started to recap his action, when he placed his hand on your cheek. He was so close, he felt so familiar, but you hadn't met him before, or had you. You placed your hand on your cheek, trying to feel the cold aura he left behind.
"He was so stubborn, who could've it been?", you asked yourself again, you sighed in defeat and flipped the page of the book again.
"He was as stubborn as Riku. Why are all guys like that?", you said to yourself, as you flipped the page again. "All men are stubborn, my dear. Though it doesn't mean you should be here waiting for one to rescue you?"

You heard a cold voice and looked besides you, you were startled by a witch figure next to you. She had a green face, with a large black robe with horns on her head. You backed away and summoned your chakrams.

"Don't be scared, my dear. I'm only here to help you". You slightly tensed, and asked with caution, "Help me? In what way?"

I'm here to help you find what you're looking for". You heard the witch's words, slowly letting down your guard. You didn't understand what she meant, "Do you mean the keyhole?" The witch let out a slight laugh, you brought up your chakrams again, alarmed. "No, my dear. Not what they're looking for...", she paused and got closer to you you backed away a bit.
"I'm here to help you find what you're looking for...", she said pointing to your heart. You then looked down, and placed your hand over your heart. You then closed your eyes, and then got a vision of you on the paopu tree on Destiny Island, sitting and laughing next to the one person you really wanted to see.

"Riku..."
"Yes, my dear. I can help you find him, if you help me..."
"But, Sora and the others-"
"Do you really think that they've helped you so far. All they have done is use your powers, and try to get to the keyhole...", there was silence for a second, between you two. It was sort of true, all this time, they had been using you to help Hallow Bastion, but they never once told you where Riku was, or had been.
"My dear, I'll show you where he is, if you come with me. Then, once I help you find him, you can help me. So what do you say?"

Silence fell again, you couldn't decided what to do. Either find Riku, or help Sora and the others. You looked up at the witch and asked, "Why, are you willing to help me?"
"Only because, you're willing to help me, my dear". You thought about it again. Thoughts ran through your head, decisions were made, as you took a deep breath.

"What's your name?"
"Do forgive me, my name is Maleficent".
"Maleficent, I'll help you...only, if you show me where Riku is first!", you said before Maleficent said anything else. You had a plan up your sleeve, and Maleficent knew. "Alright, then. You have my word...", Maleficent then put her arm around your shoulder, and then raised her arm with high with her staff in her possession. As you both disappeared within the flames.
"Man, where are all these heartless coming from?", you said as you remained in the main hall where heartless were swarming from all over the place. You kept slashing them over and over, but they continued to come at you.
"Come on!", you said, as you saw a firaga spell being cast. You looked back and saw Donald and Goofy there.
"Yeah! What took you guys so long?"
"The heartless are everywhere, Sora. Leon and the others are coming soon!", Goofy said cheerfully. Donald looked up to you, and said, "Let's do trinity so we can leave this place!"
"Right!"

You, Donald and Goofy got together and performed a huge Trinity Limit together, and within no time, the heartless were all gone.
"Alright!", the three cheered together. Donald looked up to you and asked with a worried face, "Sora, wasn't Aniko with you?"
"Oh no, Aniko! I forgot! I left her in the library!", you quickly ran to the library as Donald and Goofy followed you. As you reached the library and opened the door, Donald and Goofy went inside first, and started looking for Aniko everywhere.

"Aniko!"
"Aniko!"
"ANIKO!"
You all shouted for her, until you started to panick, for she wasn't anywhere in the library.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's a wrap! Man, Okay, now, I have to say, that this was the most troublesome chapter, but I managed through though. Anyhow, stay tune for the next chapter! SEE YA!!