Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 26: The Battle Between Truth and Faith

*Your Point of View*

You looked into the king's eyes, with such certainty, that it was impossible for him not to know your reply. He nodded back to you, this was a battle that needed your assistant, and a battle that might help the future of Radiant Garden.

"I'm ready, I need to do this!", you kept telling yourself, as you both headed towards the castle. Not wanting to look back just in case you decide to change you mind, you wondered how this battle was going to turn out, while following the small mouse ahead.
Up high from the castle, Maleficent smirked with an evil grin, as she pushed her heartless to attack the king and his comrades. She had them right where she wanted them since the beginning.

"This is all going to be perfect, my pet", she petted her black crow with delight, as the crow's eyes followed the king and the others. Maleficent gave a small laugh to her surprise not noticing that Riku was watching her evil scheme. He hid behind the shadows, planning what to do on his own.

"Damn, why would they be heading here in the first place?", Riku looked out, and saw that more heartless were being summoned, hesitating on what to do.

"I'm gonna have to get rid of Maleficent sooner or later, before they find out...", he looked at his shadowy hand, and clutched a tight grip. He then turned around and headed downstairs, trying to come up with a plan of his own.

"This is insane!", Yuffie cried out, while swinging her shuriken around, destroying the shadowy like creatures that once portrayed one's inner heart. A heart would slowly fly away, as each person destroyed a heartless. Leon continued to swing his gunblade at the dark creatures. Kairi and Sora defended themselves with the keyblade, as the King Mickey's small body jumped around with such agility, you couldn't deny that this tiny mouse really did fit as a king. As some of the heartless slowly started to disappear with a shadowy dark expression, more yellow beaming eyes would appear rapidly. Leon waved to all of you.

"This way,hurry!", he rushed them, as the king followed first. You ran beside Sora and Kairi, as you all hold hands, like a chain, trying not to loose each other.
"Are we almost there?", you shouted out, as Sora smiled.
"Halfway!", he said with a cheesy smile, you could tell Sora enjoyed defending others, and having an adventurous life. Kairi giggled, you were surprised that even though this was a huge battle, Sora and Kairi enjoyed fighting side by side, cause they were each other's strength. You smiled at them until you heard a shout from Donald and Goofy.

"Look out", they shouted, as Donald summoned a Firaga spell, and fired it to the heartless, making them disappear with the hot burning flames.
"Thanks you guys, I can't believe I didn't see that?", you shouted. Goofy smiled, "Gwarsh, anything to help a friend!"
"We have to be more careful, they're everywhere!", Donald exclaimed, as Cloud suddenly emerged from behind them, and swung his sword to his side.

"I thought you all might need backup?", Cloud said calmly as a heartless jumped on Cloud, but was sliced in half when Cloud swung his sword. Leon nodded at him, as they continue to head towards the castle.

Minutes passed, and time was running out, they continued to swarm. You were getting exhausted, but they needed your help. You felt like you had to keep going. You were so close to the entrance, it was no time to be giving up, not now, not ever. The castle entrance was only a few feet away, this had to be the chance.

"We're here!", King Mickey exclaimed, as he pointed his golden keyblade to the castle. You sighed in relieved, but now the heartless were surrounding all of you. You all knew they were too much to handle, still...

You closed your eyes, and started to think of the worst possible thought that had ever affected you, as you thought, flashbacks of your father, appeared behind your eyes and in your mind. You despised him, with all your anger, making your eyes glow a deep purple.

Slowly opening them, you saw that all the heartless had frozen, all completely still. Sora, and Kairi looked with astonishment, as Leon smirked and whispered, "Not bad, kid".
You raised your hand, and formed a fist, as all the heartless disappeared right on the fist's action. Slowly, shadows disappeared around you and the others. Your eyes slowly returned to normal, as you grabbed your head, and shook it.

"Are you okay, Aniko?", King Mickey asked you with a worry look in his eyes.
"I'm fine, just a little dizzy that's all!", you smiled at him, as Leon commanded everyone to enter the castle.

As entering the castle, you see that the hall was completely dark, two stairways were connected to the middle, a balcony stood in the middle, as the room was decorated with dark gothic elements, and long narrow windows. You looked around, yet, you felt the drawing aura's presence again. Something pulling you in, it felt tempting, yet, you wanted to be dragged by it, knowing that there might be something dangerous waiting for you.
"Control it, Aniko", Cloud stood beside you, as he made you snap out of the state. You blink your eyes, and rub them.

"Don't let it take you", he said and with that, the team split up. Leon went with Cloud. Yuffie and Kairi, Donald and Goofy. You were paired with Sora, as you both ran up to the library.
"You're doing great Aniko, keep it up!", he said, as you nodded to his reply, and walked through the library.

Up in the tower, Maleficent laughed maniacally, as she knew that they had entered the castle.

"Soon, I shall have both the Maiden, and Hallow Bastion as my own. With my dark powers, and useful pet, I shall have complete and total control", she laughed once again, petting her crow gently.

Riku made his way down the stairs hiding behind the shadows, and avoiding all heartless. He wore his hood over his face, camouflaging himself with the shadows. He quickly made his way down, into a secret passage way, only to find that he had made his way to the library. He was about to reach the next room, when he heard a familiar voice echoing the hall of the library. He quickly turned around, but couldn't go back. There were heartless blocking his entrance, if Maleficent found out that he had left his room, he would be in big trouble. He quickly hid behind one of the bookshelves, where there he saw a glimpse of two familiar faces: Sora and Aniko....