What I Like About You

8

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, flashing my backstage credentials at the security at the door of the venue. He opened the door and I walked backstage, going to the boy's dressing room.

I found Michael playing video games with Ashton and Luke and Jasmine talking quietly to each other on the couch, but Calum was missing.

"Hey, Ken!" Michael called out, not looking up from his game.

"Hey." I greeted. "Where's Calum?"

"Went outside for a smoke, I think." Ashton offered, before swearing as Michael killed his character.

"Okay. I'll be back."

"Use protection!"

I flipped the cackling Michael off before walking out of the dressing room door and out the back door of the venue. Calum sat on the small set of steps, a cigarette in his hand, scrolling through twitter. I sighed and sat down next to him. I pulled out my own smoke and lit it, smoking in silence until Calum broke it.

"Hey." He said softly, almost as if he was afraid I'd run if he talked to loud.

"Listen, Cal. I'm s-sorry."

"Ken, what happened?"

I sighed and closed my eyes, wanting to flee, but knowing Calum deserved an answer.

"I don't really know?" I admitted softly. "I mean... I think I failed my test this morning."

"Oh, Ken." Calum sighed. "I'm sorry."

I bit my lip, but pushed on, despite my urge to crawl in a hole.

"And I uhm... I like you Calum. I like you a lot. And you wanted to talk to me today and I kind of panicked? Like I thought you were going to tell me that you don't want to see me once you leave for tour tomorrow which is f-fine, it's your decision I just..."

My rambling was cut off when soft lips pressed against mine. I gasped, and it took me a minute to process anything but the fact that holy shit Calum is kissing me holy shit!!!

Once we pulled apart, Calum rested his forehead against mine.

"Silly girl." He said softly. "How could you ever think I don't want to see you?"

My heart exploded in my chest, and I wanted to start crying and I didn't realize I actually was until Calum reached up and wiped the wetness away with his thumbs.

"Kennedy, you are beautiful." He said. "You are funny, you get along with my stupid bandmates, you aren't afraid to put me in my place. You just... You're amazing, Ken. If you'll have me, I want to keep seeing you, okay? I want to keep going on dates with you and talking to you and I want you to be-"

This time I cut him off with my own lips. When we pulled apart, he grinned fondly at me.

"Mine." He finished the sentence.

I grinned back at him, not believing that this was really happening, but nodding anyway.

"Yours." I agreed, before we were kissing again.

The moment was short lived when the back door opened and laughter could be heard.

"Told you they'd be making out, Ash! You owe me 5 dollars!!" Michael screamed.

"Finally!!" I heard Ashton yell in response.

Calum blushed, burying his face in my neck as I chuckled.

"C'mon, Pup, you've got a show to play."