Status: Finished

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 12

After Mandy and Wayne arrived back home, Mandy started getting restless. She felt trapped in the house, her music no longer interested her anymore. She felt like she needed a change of scenery until the wedding. Mandy would spend hours surfing the internet looking for the perfect place to get away to. She was tired of the USA and didn’t want to go anywhere obvious. Nicki suggested she try Africa for starters. At first she disregarded the comment and continued searching other places until curiosity got the better of her. She researched Africa and to her surprise it wasn’t as bad as what she thought it would be. After careful research she chose to go to South Africa. For days she researched all the places she could go just to get away from the stresses of getting married and three weeks later she left without telling Wayne where she was going.
Mandy’s flight took forever, but when she finally landed, the pictures on the internet didn’t do that place justice. The city she was in – Johannesburg was even more beautiful than she could ever imagine. Sure there was a lot of people there and life there was just as busy as any other big city but that was the way she liked it. She got in her cab and went straight to the hotel. While making the trip to the hotel, Mandy stared out the window looking at the beautiful buildings, some were old and untamed and others were absolutely beautiful.
Wayne returned home after recording to an empty house. He called out to Mandy countless times but she wasn’t there. He ran upstairs to their bedroom but found it empty. A small envelope with his name written on it lay on her pillow. Wayne’s heart started pounding as he picked it up and ripped it open.
‘Wayne,
I love you. I really do, but right now I can’t be the person you want me to be and I don’t think that’s going to happen soon.
I have gone away to clear my head before the wedding. I can’t tell you where I am in fear of you coming after me and that’s the last thing I want. I need to find myself and find clarity before I can take the huge step and marry you.
Never doubt my feelings for you. I know that my departure is sudden and unexpected but as I said I need space and clarity. I won’t be gone long, I’ll be back before the wedding, and I just need time to think.
I’ll call you when I’m ready to talk to you.
Mandy’
Wayne was furious. He frantically dialed Mandy’s number but it went straight to voicemail. He knew that Nicki and Shanell would know where she is.
Where is she? –MrCarter
I can’t tell you, she said she needs space. –Barbie
Shanell didn’t bother answering him and the fact that Nicki wouldn’t tell him, infuriated Wayne beyond imagine.
Back at the hotel, Mandy was mesmerized by the beauty of the city, its people and the languages. She went to sleep confident that the new day would bring her closer to the answers she was seeking