Status: Complete

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 5

Months passed and Mandy showed no sign of improvement. The doctors told Wayne that one day they would have to pull the plugs and that they wouldn’t resuscitate and that if she flat lined for more than 5 minutes that she would be declared dead and that her body will be sent back to the United States for burial. Wayne didn’t want to accept that. He kept telling that she will wake up before they even consider it but the doctors knew that she wouldn’t.
The day that they would finally take Mandy off life support finally approached. Wayne and Benedict both stood outside Mandy’s room watching helplessly. Mandy flat lined. She didn’t moved, she just lay there, so still. After four minutes her heart hadn’t started beating again. The doctors made their way to the door and Wayne dropped his head. The girl he loved was dead and he would never see her again. He went into her room and sat by her lifeless body, even in death she was still beautiful. “Wayne.” She’d said it so soft that Wayne thought he was imagining it. He looked at Mandy, she was still so still. “Wayne.” She said again. Louder. He looked at her, her eyes were wide open and full of life. The doctors came rushing in there again. Wayne couldn’t believe it. The girl he loved finally came back to him.
Benedict went to visit Mandy when she came out of the ICU, but she didn’t recognize him. The very thing he was trying to prevent was happening and he had absolutely no control over it. His heart was breaking again. He knew that she’d go back to America with Wayne, they’d get married and have kids and that she would carry on with her life oblivious to what happened. He knew that there was nothing he could do, she had suffered a brain injury and probably would never remember him again, but he would always remember her and for as long he would live he wouldn’t love another girl the way he loved her. He knew that every girl after Mandy would just be a rebound that he wouldn’t be able to commit to and that would eventually give up and leave him.