Mau Loa (Forever)

῾elua (two)

"Hey" Sidney said walking into the kitchen

"Hi sweetheart" Nathalie said hugging him, she moved to Taylor and squeezed her tight, Taylor smiled.

"Where's Mario?" She asked

"Airport, my niece is flying in today. She will be here for about 2 weeks" Nathalie said with a smile.

"Where is she coming from?" Sidney asked sitting on the stool at the island.

"Hawaii" Nathalie said pulling out a pineapple

"Oh wow" Taylor said

"Her mom is my sister. Lori met Andy when she was 18, fell in love and followed him to Hawaii, she never came back. They met when our families where in California on vacation. He was there surfing" she said "Leilani and her dad were extremely close"

"Were?" Taylor asked

"He died 2 years ago surfing. He was at the Bonzai pipeline in north shore. It's been known to take the lives of surfers" she said "he was a world champion, really really good guy. Loved Leilani with every ounce in his body. She took it extremely hard. Mario and I went down for the funeral, that's the last time I saw my sister and Lani"

"Oh ya I remember when you guys went to Hawaii" Sidney said thinking back, Nathalie nodded.

"Lori said Lani hasn't been the same since the accident, which I don't blame her, so hopefully her coming here and being around family will maybe help her cope" she said "when you meet her don't treat her as fragile, she might rip your head off" she added with a giggle "she can be a firecracker"

"Were here!" Mario yelled walking into the house

"Oh gosh" Nathalie said getting nervous, she wiped we hands on the kitchen towel before walking away "Aloha" she said walking to the door, Sidney chuckled

"Hi aunt Nathalie" Leilani said hugging her

"How are you sweetheart?"

"I'm fine" She said setting her backpack and longboard skateboard down.

"Come meet Sidney and Taylor" she said taking her hand, she pulled her into the kitchen. Sidney turned and looked at the 5 foot 6, 130 lbs girl. He stood up towering over her petite figure

"Sidney" he said sticking out his hand

"Leilani" she replied placing her small in his, she looked at their hands and noticed the extreme diference before pulling it away.

"Lay-lah-knee" he said pronouncing her name, she smiled and nodded

"Taylor" she said sticking out her hand

"Nice to meet you" Leilani said shaking her hand

"You have a really pretty name" Taylor said

"Thank you"

"Sidney plays hockey for the pens, and Taylor plays for northeastern in Boston" Nathalie said with a smile

"I don't know much about hockey" Leilani said softly "you would think I would, due to uncle Mario and stuff but we don't have hockey in Hawaii" she said, Nathalie smiled.

"How's your mom?"

"Annoying" Leilani said, Nathalie turned from the fridge "she treats me like a porcelain doll" she said

"Lani, she just worries about you"

"Ya but she can spend some of that energy worrying about Sage"

"How is your brother?"

"Oh he is good. I went to visit him last month, he is still stationed in Honolulu" she said with a smile. Sage and Leilani where 3 years apart and extremely close, they both shared a love for Hawaii and a passion for surfing. "I miss him" she said taking the drink from Nathalie.

"Sidney" Mario said walking into the kitchen. Sidney smiled and shook his hand.

"Hey Mario" he said

"Sidney use to live with us" Nathalie said with a smile, Leilani nodded her head

"And you too?" She asked Taylor

"No" she said with a chuckle "Sidney is my brother, I just come visit" she said

"Oh you don't look alike at all"

"I know, and it's a good thing. Girls throw themselves at him" Taylor said rolling her eyes

"Sage too, so I completely understand" Leilani said with a smile. She turned and looked at Sidney who was talking to Mario. She looked him up and down quickly before turning to her cousins who where walking in.

"You bring your bathing suit?" Austin asked, Leilani chuckled and hugged him

"Are you kidding?" She asked, Austin shrugged

"Sidney how long are you staying?" Lauren asked walking towards him

"I don't know?"

"You can be on my team for some water volleyball" she said placing her hand on his shoulder, Leilani looked at Lauren who looked like a school girl, she chuckled and turned away

"Let me show you to your room and you can change and enjoy what little good weather we get" Nathalie said, Leilani nodded and followed her.

"She is gorgeous" Taylor said

"That she is" Mario said making margaritas "born and raised on the island, she doesn't know much of the outsideworld" he said "she's a professional surfer, world champion at 18. She's a spitting image of her dad out there" he said looking at Sidney. "She's a good kid"

"How old is she?" Sidney asked

"24 she will be 25 soon" he said pouring the glasses. "Graduated top of her class at the university of Hawaii with a bachelors in aquatic science" he added

"Dang" Taylor said

"Here you go" Mario said passing out drinks as Leilani walked back in the kitchen. A Roxy swimsuit covered what it needed to cover but not much more, the hat she had been wearing was no longer on her head, her hair was in beach waves and Sidney got a better view of her eyes. His eyes widened and he quickly turned away. Taylor chuckled as she looked at her blushing brother.

"Thank you" Leilani said taking the drink

"Lani your on mine and Taylor's team" Austin said walking in. Leilani nodded and followed her cousin outside.

"Stop blushing bro" Taylor said walking out. Mario looked at Sidney and chuckled.

"Watch your heart" he said walking out. Sidney stood back up and grabbed his drink before following him outside.