Sequel: Two Red Lines
Status: This will be slow but I will try my hardest to update as often as I could :)

Never Doubt

Four

I was stunned shut. How can I be in the same building as this kid and Pete the unibrow?! Am I the unluckiest girl in the world? Did I do anything to deserve this ill fate?

“Are we going to get your friend or not?” he asked breaking my reverie.

Snapping out of it, I just nodded and got out of the car.

Since we both live here, we didn’t buzz anyone. He took out his key and let me in first. Oh, a gentleman. We took the elevator to the third floor.

“I live at the penthouse.” I said.

“That’s cool. I heard it’s bigger.”

“It is, yeah. My dad’s friend is the owner so..”

“Cool.”

“Cool.”

We arrived at the second floor and he let me out first, again. Then he led me to the second apartment in that floor – there were three.

“I didn’t know someone moved in.”

“We didn’t have much, so it wasn’t a big move.” He got his key and opened the door. “Our friend was here before we moved in with him.” He gesture for me to go in first and I did.

The apartment was just enough. It was the size of our living room and kitchen. There was a lone couch in the middle of the room. It had seen better days because this one was one body slam away from breaking. There were amps everywhere. There were two serving as an end table. Then there was a big one with a plant on top and an electric guitar leaning on it. There was a mini drum set on the side too. The kitchen area and living room was separated by a breakfast bar that served more of bar, than breakfast. The top was littered with plastic cups and various bottles. The kitchen shelves were covered with action figures, from Gundams to Lego-starships to rubrics cubes.
“Nice place.”

Again he nodded and led me to the kitchen. “Drink?”

I shook my head. “No, I’m good.” My eyes kept wandering over to him as he picked up a water bottle from the fridge. Then a thought came to me.

“Wait, aren’t you like, 16? And you live here?”

“No, I’m 19,” he chuckled. “And I don’t fully live here. Just part time.”

“Oh.” I felt a blush creep on my cheeks.

“Yeah,” he chuckled again. “But I do get that a lot. With the baby face and all…”

“So… Is my friend here?” I asked.

“Oh! Yeah, yeah! She’s at Pete’s room. Down the hall, door to the left.”

“Thanks!”

I turned and made my way. Down the hall, there were three doors. One on the left, the middle and the right. The door on the left was a bit open so I tried to peek in.

“Berna..” I whispered.

No one answered, so I pushed the door wide open.

The room was very small, it should be a closet. It was also messy. There were clothes everywhere. Clothes on the floor, by the bedside table, near the door and hanging on the bedposts. Plus, there was a hole on the door and on the wall. There was one single bed in here and on that bed, sprawled and sucking her thumb was my best friend.

“BERNA!!” I rushed in not realizing there was something on the floor. My foot stubbed on a pile off clothes, making me tumble over. Thanking my somehow fast reflexes, I stopped myself from planting my face on the floor.

“UFFF!”

That didn’t came from me. I looked up and saw where I landed on (More like who). It was Pete the unibrow under a pile of blankets.

“Oops!” I scrambled off him. “I’m-I’m really sorry.”

He got up from the floor and stood too. “You’re a lot heavier than you look,” he said.

“Sorry..”

“Can I help you?...”

“Oh, yeah, um… I’m here for her.” I pointed at my still unconscious best friend.

He arched an eyebrow at me as if he was trying to figure out why there was an unconscious girl in his room. I didn’t have time for that so I squeezed past him and sat on my friend.

“Berna….” I cooed into her ears. “Berna…”

“Mmmm…”

I slapped her arm as hard as I could. “Fucking wake up! We have to go!” I shouted at her ear.

“Dammit Gabby!” She shoot up and shoved me. “What the fuck?!”

“You!” I shoved her back. “You could’ve called me and told me where you were, asshole.”

“Hey, hey, ladies, chill.” Pete’s hands were on our shoulders, trying to separate us.

“No,” I pushed his hand off me, “You chill. You’re the one who took off with her!” I pushed him back.

“Hey!” he shouted, coming back at me. “You don’t push me around,” he leered at me.

“I DON’T FUCKING CARE,” I glared back.

I turned around and saw my friend finally noticing her surroundings.

“Where are we exactly?” she asked.

“We’re at his apartment,” I said deadpanned.

“Yeah,” Pere snickered. “My apartment. Which means you have no right to shout or cuss at me.”

“I don’t have time for this,” I snapped. “Are you gonna stay here or are we gonna leave,” I asked my friend.

She looked at me and Pete alternately, confusion clear on her face. But since I haven’t had my coffee and the day has been as bad as it could get I said, “Okay, I’m done here,” and walked out.

Patrick was sitting on the couch channel surfing when I marched out. I didn’t respond when he called my name but marched straight out of the place and out of the building.

*

I spent the better part of the late morning at this café in front of the park. It’s warm and cozy inside plus they serve the best lattes I’ve ever had and their cheesecakes are divine.

I’m currently people watching – although there aren’t that much people around at this time of the year. I like people watching, eases of my mind and makes me wonder what their stories are. But I could help but compare my stories to what I think their stories are. I can’t help but think deeper into the actions I’ve done and what I could’ve done instead. I can’t help but think that I left my best friend again.

“Penny for your thoughts?” someone asked.

I looked up, surprised to find Patrick.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I was gonna ask if this seat is available,” he pointed to the seat across mine.

“Uh,” I don’t like to share but, “yeah sure.”

As he got himself situated, I took another bite of my cheesecake – which I forgot I had.

“So…,” he said.

“Hmm.”

“Why’d you walked out?” he asked.

“I realized I haven’t had coffee,” I raised my cup showing him, “so.”

“Uh huh,” he nodded, “just coffee?”

“I basically haven’t had breakfast,” I explained.

“Uh huh,” he said again.

“What do you want?” I said, a little annoyed.

“I just want to know if you’re good,” he shrugged.

“I am,” I said. “Or will be. After I finish this coffee.”

I took a big gulp and followed it with a large chunk of my cheesecake. Then I realized he was watching me.

“What is your deal?” I glared at him.

“I have no deal,” he said, mocking my tone.

“Then why are you here?” I asked. “We aren’t friends. You shouldn’t be-“

“We are.” He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look at that an update! :D

I don't know. I'm feeling down. It's like, mehhh to everything :/

Oh, and for those who are truly offended at Gabby's constant cursing, I swear she will get better. She just has that angst persona when she was a teen. Please don't hate her.

Love you all! :*