Sequel: Two Red Lines
Status: This will be slow but I will try my hardest to update as often as I could :)

Never Doubt

Five

”We are.”

It was official. On December 20, 2004, Patrick and I were friends.

I wasn’t entirely convinced at first but he made it work.

Sometimes we texted, sometimes he called. Sometimes he visits EsCafe when on lunch breaks, other times I’d visit him at the music store on the way to my best friend.

We were always talking. Talking about the stars. Talking about music because he was a major music geek. Talking about Star Wars and he’s fascination about the saga. He tried to lure me to it but I was a Trekie through and through.

Then we talked about me. I told him what I wanted to be. I told him my college plans. I told him about my obsession on trivias. That piqued his interest and since his a nerd like me, he tried to quiz me. Of course I won.

But as the saying goes, time flies when you’re having fun, winter break was over. It was back to school again. Back to reality.

****

Its February 2005, almost half of the Semester has passed. It was mostly a blur but this month has a lot of happenings, specifically speaking – Prom.

Not that I hate Prom, but I’m not planning to go because, 1, I have projects due, 2, I have advance assignments due, 3, no booze and 4, I don’t look that good in a dress. Nobody would like to see this bulky body covered in a faux satin dress. So I’m saving myself the humiliation and try my hardest to dodge all of Berna’s attempts to drag me. Unlike me, she looks gorgeous in dresses and has mad skills in the make-up department.

It’s after school, I’m waiting for Berna in my car while listening to No Doubt. Suddenly my phone vibrates in my pocket.

From: Patrick
Sup?


I replied.

To: Patrick
Nothing.


Yeah, I can shut a conversation without even trying. It’s a talent.

From: Patrick
Really?

To: Patrick
Yea.

From: Patrick
Isn’t it prom season?

To: Patrick
Wats it 2 u?


Damn it! I have a feeling Berna’s behind all this.

From: Patrick
Just checking. :)

To: Patrick
U r weird. :P


Suddenly, there’s a tap on my window, it’s Berna. I tucked my phone in since she could be nosey, especially when it comes to Patrick.

Back home, I burry myself in home works. By 5pm, I decided I’ve had enough with numbers and it’s time to catch up with my reading.

In the middle of my reading I heard my phone discreetly ringing under a pile of books and notebooks on my desk.

It’s Patrick. Again.

“What do you want,” I asked.

“We’re going on in a few,” he informs me.

“Oh,” so that’s why he called.

He does this every time before they get on the stage. He has a little stage fright – although I tease him about it sometimes – so I give him a small pep talk.

“It’s okay Patrick. You can do it. You’re the best singer ever,” I tell him.

“You’re just telling me that because we’re friends,” he countered.

“Nah-uh. I know it. You go up there and do me proud, okay?”

He doesn’t respond so I cheered him some more.
“You can do it! I know it. You guys wouldn’t be playing there if those people didn’t like your voice,” I said chuckling. “You can do it. I believe in you,” I smile.

He chuckles and says, “Thanks.”

“I’m happy to help.” I said.

“Pete’s calling me,” he says, “I better go.”

“Yeah, go. Go break hearts!” I fake cheer him.

I was rewarded with his laughter before the line went dead.

***

“What about this one?” my friend asked holding up a midnight blue cocktail dress.

“Eh,” I said shrugging. The dress only reaches her knees and since she’s taller than me – standing 5 feet, 7 inches – she needs a long dress with a slit up to her knees not a cocktail dress.

“Uhg,” she sighed. “Can you please help me out here?”

“I am,” I said defensively.

“No, you’re not.”

“What you want me to say,” my voice was getting louder, “I don’t like that dress for you, okay?! I think you should pick something longer and use your uberly long legs.”

That left her speechless. She stared at me blankly for a whole minute.

“Wait, what’s happening?” alarm was coloring my voice.

“We have to go,” she said.

She got back inside the changing room and left me hanging. She was back in less than a minute, her regular clothes on.

“Go?” I followed her out to the door. “Go where?”

“Just follow my lead,” she shouted.

Fuck. She was speed walking like crazy I had to run up to catch her. When I was close enough, I yanked her by the arm.

“What the hell is wrong with you? If it’s what I said earlier, I’m sorry. I just thought you wanted the truth and I told you the truth. Those dresses you were wearing weren’t the right one for you. I’m really sorry.”

“Gabby, what the fuck are you talking about?”

“Aren’t you mad at me or something?”

“No. I’m not. I just have to get to this other store that I know has this beautiful gown you we’re talking about.”

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah.” She moved behind me and started pushing, “chop, chop babe.”

Prom Night

Here I am in my room with my date for prom, my calculus textbook. Yep, this improper integrals are the best companion ever. Who would’ve thought proving infinities were the best? That’s right, no one. Because no one in the right mind would be doing their homework on a prom night. No one except me. I was having fun, to be honest but these numbers and letters and limits are getting the most of my brain.

My parents were worried that I was excluding myself from these high school experiences I should be having but I don’t think Prom is supposedly one of those. I think I have experienced enough and Prom isn’t the only dance lined up for this school year, there’s also home coming and the graduation ball for the seniors; totally not missing out.

Half way through my answered problems, I decided to stop frying my brain and watch some reruns on TV. Unfortunately, I surfed the channels trice but couldn’t settle on anything.

“Oh well,” I shrugged. “I guess I’ll just text Berna.”

To: Berna
Hows Prom?

From: Berna
Wont tell :P

To: Berna
Wtf dude? Y not?

From: Berna
Cus u didn’t wnt 2 go. And Im busy. :P

To: Berna
Fine.

From: Berna
Awww… shes mad… :)

To: Berna
No, im not.

From: Berna
I’ll talk 2 u tmrw k?

To: Berna
Ok. :) have fun!

From: Berna
I did and will. :P love ya! :*


Bummer. I have nothing else to do. I know I’ll text my other friend!

To: Patrick
‘sup?


I waited for a few moments and realized he wasn’t going to reply anytime soon so I did a stupid thing; I called him. I let it ring until the voicemail picked up.

“Hey it’s Patrick. Leave a message.”

I didn’t even know what to say. I can’t tell him I’m somehow miserable and all alone on prom night. I also can’t tell him that I kind of miss him. So instead of mopping around, I did the next best thing, I sneaked out of my window, climbed down the cold, wet fire escape and hunted the nearest open store for some ice cream.

Unfortunately for me the ‘nearest’ store was 3 blocks away. The good thing is they had my favorite flavor – very rocky road. I also took the opportunity to get some Resses’s Peanut Butter Cups. The I raced back home to comfort myself in my sweets.

After five wrappers of Peanut Buttercups and half a pint of ice cream my phone rang.

It was an unknown number. Frowning, I answered.

“Hello?”

“Gabby? It’s Andy.”

“I don’t-“

“I know but I have to tell you something…” he sighed heavily. Then he said, “Its.. Its Patrick. No, it’s us. We.. We got into an accident. They’re taking some of the guys…”

I stopped listening then. Patrick. Accident. Somewhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long over due update. I'm so sorry guys. Writing is slow but life is tough. I'll try my best to squeeze this in. :)

HAPPY READING!!

oh aaaaand

[img]http://giphy.com/gifs/adventure-time-spongebob-thank-you-u0bQN6bxXweHe[/img]

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS! YOU GUYS ROCK! :***