Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

19: So That Makes You What?

“Look at you, all dressed up in your suit” Olivia smiled as she watched Iker pad into her home, a slightly irked look on his face. She knew he didn’t like it, Iker had always hated arriving to events by himself, but with Olivia due to cover the charity gala for her newspaper, she couldn’t attend with him, something which had led the keeper to pout a little. He knew that it couldn’t be changed, Olivia had a lot of work to make up for thanks to her surprise surgery, but part of him was a little irked that she couldn’t tag along with him. The dinner, which had been organized to support one of the charities that Real Madrid supported, was bound to be more fun for him if he could have her at his side. Noting the frown which was fixed on his face, Olivia giggled. “Come on Iker, I am sure that it will be fine” she smiled, gently pushing herself towards him “You’ll be with your friends, you’ll be plied with a lovely dinner and some nice wine, and then you will go home. I don’t think it is the big deal you’re trying to make it out to be” she added, placing her arms around his neck.

Iker sighed. “I just wish you weren’t working” he mumbled, his hands placing themselves on her hips “I wish you were in your room putting on a pretty dress so that I could take you and show you off” he mumbled.

Olivia shook her head. “There are two faults in the plan, senor” she mused softly “One, I don’t own a single dress, a lot of skirts and blouses, but no dresses. And two, you can’t exactly show me off” she noted gently.

Iker sighed. “Why not?” he posed gently. It had been a few weeks, they had been in the ‘more than friends’ zone for almost a month and a half, and Iker was starting to get a little impatient. He liked the way things were, he liked having Olivia all to himself, but after nearly 6 weeks of dating, he was a little more prepared to give her the title of his girlfriend, something she had been in his mind since the start.

“You know why” Olivia noted “Baby steps, Iker” she mumbled.

“And maybe the next baby step we take should be telling someone about us” he noted gently.

Olivia swallowed. “Are you sure?” she murmured gently.

“I am not suggesting we make a big deal out of it and I am not saying that we have to do it tonight, but my madre has been on the phone today. Unai’s visiting for dinner this weekend and she asked if I would join them. How about we do that together? We could tell my family and then we could tell Daniel before we even contemplated telling anyone else” he suggested softly. He knew it hadn’t been long, six weeks was nothing really, but Iker felt confident. The dynamic between them was fantastic, he loved being around Olivia and he knew she loved being around him, and he wanted to let people know it too. It was only a matter of time before people noticed how much he had been grinning recently and started to ask questions, questions he would answer without any sort of hesitation.

Olivia looked at him. “You want to tell people that we are more than friends?” she posed lightly.

Iker shook his head. “No. I want to tell them that you are my girlfriend” he smiled lightly.

“But you’ve never called me that before” Olivia quipped, leaning away from him slightly so that her eyes could meet his.

Iker smiled. “Well, perhaps it is about time that I started. We’ve had 4 lovely dates, 6 wonderful weeks, and I think we ought to accept that we are probably in a relationship now” he noted gently.

Olivia’s cheeks warmed a little. “We’re in a relationship?” she mumbled.

Iker nodded. “I think we are” he teased.

“So that makes you my…boyfriend?” Olivia quipped.

“Well, yes” Iker grinned “Is that a bad thing?” he teased.

Olivia shook her head. “No, it’s just a little bit of a strange thought, you know?” she noted.

Iker nodded his head. Just hearing her sat it was a little odd, but he knew that it was something he could get used to. He liked the idea that they were in a relationship.

Olivia allowed the words to linger for a second before she placed her palms against his cheeks, pulling him into a light kiss that he was more than happy to return. Smiling, he tightened his arms around her waist and held her close for a second before she weaseled away slightly, offering him a smile that could have easily made him melt there and then. “Boyfriend” she mumbled “As wonderful as standing here and kissing you is, you do have a party to get to and I do have to get to work. So, you should probably go” she noted gently, her delicate fingers straightening the tie that was tied neatly around his neck.

“I really don’t want to go” Iker complained.

Olivia nodded. “I know you don’t, but you have to” she noted “And even if you don’t have to go, I do” she added.

Iker sighed. “That hardly seems fair” he mumbled “Can’t you call and tell them that you have had a better offer?” he pouted.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “I can’t do that for 2 reasons. One, I very much like my job and don’t want to get fired for thinking I can pick and choose what stories I want to cover, and two, it’s going to look awfully suspicious if you fail to turn up just after I call in sick. Even Sergio would figure it out” she commented.

Iker sighed. “I have to go” he mumbled.

“Yeah, you do, but look at it this way. I only have to work for an hour. If you can sneak out, you can come over and we can stay up all night watching Friends re-runs” she smiled

“I don’t think I have ever heard a more tempting offer” he noted before he kissed her softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to Jayme112234 for the comments :)