Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

41: You Have To Trust Me

“You know, you didn’t have to come and get me” Iker commented as he padded over to Olivia’s car. It had been a good game, Real had managed to scrape a close win over Valencia which had allowed them to pull level with Barcelona heading into the last few weeks of the season, something which pleased the goalkeeper. He knew that his time at Real Madrid was coming to an end and he wanted to achieve something else before it was too late. He didn’t quite know where he would be playing his football the following season and he wanted to achieve what he could whilst he still could. He wanted to leave, if that was to be the case, on a high.

Olivia shrugged. “I have the morning off and I figured I have nothing else to do” she smiled, happily placing her arms around his neck “And I wanted to congratulate you on another wonderful clean sheet. I was worried towards the end, but you proved me wrong” she noted softly.

“You watched?” he posed, wrapping his arms happily around her waist.

“Of course. I always do” she smiled.

“I didn’t know that” he commented “I thought when you weren’t covering the games, you avoided them like the plague” he added, earning a small laugh from Olivia.

“I love watching you play” she noted “And I love seeing you in your kit” she added low enough to ensure that no one around them could hear.

Iker chuckled. “I have never noticed that before” he mumbled.

Olivia shook her head softly before she pressed a little kiss to his lips, earning a few whistles from those that were milling around the carpark nearby. Iker smiled at the little touch before he gently pulled away from her. “You didn’t just come here for that did you?” he mused, gently brushing some of the dark hair that had escaped her ponytail out of her eyes.

Olivia shook her head. “No, I didn’t” she smiled “I actually came to give you this” she commented, holding out a blindfold which caused Iker to lift his eyebrow.

“A blindfold?” he commented “Oli, I know we tend to experiment…”

“It’s not for that” Olivia interjected, her nose wrinkled a little at his comment “I have a surprise for you, moron” she commented, a blush working its way onto her pale cheeks.

Iker smiled. “You’re adorable” he commented as he pressed a kiss to her cheek.

“Put this on” Olivia noted, pressing the material into his hand.

“Why?” he replied “I am sure whatever it is…”

“Just put it on. It ruins the surprise if you don’t” she commented.

Iker rolled his eyes, but took the blindfold from her hands, putting it over his eyes, “Good enough?” he posed. Olivia smiled and waved her hand in front of his eyes, noting the lack of reaction. “It’s perfect” she commented before she helped him into the car. It was a big step, one she had taken without his permission, and she merely hoped that he would be alright with it. She had taken Callie’s advice and hoped she didn’t come to regret it.

~#~
“Please tell me I can take this off now” Iker grumbled as he felt Olivia lead him up the stairs. He didn’t know what she was up to, but he definitely didn’t like the idea that he could see it. He tended to prefer being in control of situations as opposed to being led around.

“Almost” Olivia replied, leading him through to his bedroom “Just a few more steps” she commented as she positioned him in the door way.

“This had better be an excellent surprise, Oli” he commented “If not, I am probably going to complain for the rest of the day” he added.

“You’ll do that anyways” Olivia commented as she pushed herself up onto her toes, setting her fingers on either side blindfold “You always do” she added, pulling it up over his eyes.

Iker blinked slightly, his dark eyes adjusting to the light once more before he tilted his head, noting the sudden change in décor that had occurred in his bedroom. “Oli” he commented “Why is my bedroom suddenly all floral?” he posed.

Olivia giggled. “Because I redecorated” she commented.

“I can see that” Iker replied “Can I ask why?” he posed.

Olivia smiled gently. “You know that question you keep asking?” she commented gently.

“The one where I ask you to move in?” he posed.

Olivia nodded her head. “Well, after I had a talk with Callie, I decided that it was about time that I stopped freaking out and just went for it. I spent some of the morning bringing my stuff over and whilst a lot of it is still in boxes in the guest room, I thought I could show you this, our bedroom” she commented shyly. It wasn’t like her, it was more forwards than she was used to, but she knew it needed to be done. She was ready for the next step and she wanted to show him.

Iker looked around the room, noting the subtle changes that had occurred, before he turned back to Olivia, smiling at her as she peered down at her feet. “Oli” he cooed, taking a small step towards her.

“You can tell me you hate it” she mumbled “If you want me to change it back then I…”

“I love it” he commented, cutting her off.

Olivia lifted her head. “You do?” she posed.

Iker chuckled. “Of course I do” he noted “Oli, I want you to be here all of the time and the fact that you will be from now on makes me extremely happy” he explained, padding towards her.

“So you don’t mind that I changed the room?” she posed.

“No” he commented, placing his arms around her waist and pulling her close “In fact, knowing what it means, I love that you changed the room” he grinned. Olivia shook her head softly before she moved to hide it in his shoulder, earning a small affectionate kiss to the top of her hair. “I love this, Oli” Iker cooed gently “I love that you feel comfortable enough with me to do it too” he added.

“I am not comfortable” Olivia admitted “I have never been comfortable in a serious relationship, but I know that you’re worth working for. I love you and I am trying hard to show it. I want to be with you, even if it does mean being scared or vulnerable” she rambled.

Iker smiled. “Being vulnerable with someone is part of being in love, Oli” he commented “You just have to trust that I won’t let you fall” he added.

Olivia held him close. “I trust you, Iker, completely and utterly” she noted.

Iker kissed her head again. "Then I will look after you, Oli" he mumbled gently "I won't let us fall apart" he vowed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)