Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

43: Keeping Quiet

“Someone looks oddly pleased with himself” Sergio teased as Iker made his way into the changing room. It had been a few days, since he had proposed to Olivia, Iker hadn’t been able to keep the grin off of his face, but he knew better than to start telling people. Olivia wanted to keep things quiet for a little while yet and Iker had agreed, conceding that they could wait until the season was finished before they made any sort of announcement. It was difficult for the keeper, in the 7 days that had passed since he had proposed, he had found himself wanting to tell almost everyone he saw that he was going to get married, but he knew better than to start telling people. He’d already upset Olivia when he’d announced their relationship and he wasn’t prepared to do it again.

“Can’t a guy just be happy, Sergio?” Iker commented “We’re about to play one of the biggest games of our season and I feel relaxed about it. Is that a bad thing?” he added.

Sergio shook his head. “Not at all, you being calm is a good thing for all of us, but I can’t help but ask every now and again. You and Oli have been together almost 10 months now and I am waiting for news” the defender smirked. He wasn’t the only one to have noticed, a lot of the team had noticed the change that Iker had undergone since he and Olivia had gotten together and were pleased by it. He seemed a lot brighter.

“I have no news for you, Sergio” Iker commented as he set his bag onto the bench.

“You sure?” the defender smirked.

“I think I would remember if I had proposed or gotten Oli pregnant, don’t you?” Iker replied.

“I suppose” the defender noted “But we’re still taking bets, so, if you could hold out til July after the Euros then I would be very grateful. I would take a lot of money off of Ronaldo” he grinned.

Iker shook his head. “I’ll do it when I do it” he commented before he moved to get changed, just about concealing the grin on his face.

~#~
“You must be excited” Callie commented as she settled into her seat “This must be the first game you’ve been to where you’re not expected to write a report” she added, grinning at the brunette who sat beside her. It was a rare occurrence, Olivia’s weekend off had coincided with Real’s Copa Del Rey final tie against Real Sociedad and the brunette couldn’t have been happier. It had been a long while since she had attended a game as just a fan,

“I’m a little excited” Olivia commented, smoothing out the front of her shirt “I just hope they don’t lose. Iker will decide I am his bad luck charm if they do” she added.

“He didn’t decide that after the Clasico where you attended and he get sent off?” Callie teased.

“That was the night he told me loved me. I think he got over it” Olivia grinned.

Callie shook her head. “A little part of me really does hate the pair of you” she noted, her eyes watching as Real Madrid shot another attempt towards the Sociedad goal only to have it parried by the keeper. Olivia shook her head. “We’re not that bad” she commented.

“You’re irritatingly cute” Callie commented “Sometimes, I want to turn a hose on the pair of you and I know Jacob agrees with me” she added.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’re just jealous that your boyfriend isn’t quite as cute as mine” she quipped.

“A little bit, yeah” Callie giggled, making Olivia laugh too.

~#~
“Yes” Olivia grinned as the final whistle shrieked through the air, signaling the end of the game. It had been a good one, Real had managed to beat Sociedad by 4 goals to nil, and Olivia was thrilled. She knew just how much it meant to Iker for the team to succeed and she knew he was concerned that it would be the last season he had in Madrid, something which had served to make him more determined to succeed, even if they had missed out on the title, she knew he would be thrilled to have won the cup.

“Are you going down there?” Callie posed.

Olivia shook her head. She had thought about it, heading down onto the pitch, but she had opted against it. It was his moment and she didn’t want to take it away from him. “I’ll see him later” she noted.

“Or, we could go and surprise him in another way” Callie suggested.

“How?” Olivia posed.

“I may have spoken to Nathan who was supposed to do the post-match interviews. Your boyfriend was name number 1 on the list and so I suggested that you take Nathan’s place. Nate said go for it” Callie grinned.

“You did that?” Olivia posed.

“Yeah” Callie shrugged “You’re welcome” she added quickly.

Olivia shook her head. “Gracias, Cal” she noted before she stepped out of the row of seats she had been sat in, making her way towards the press box to obtain her pass from Nathan.

~#~
“Where is this reporter?” Iker grumbled as he paced the small room, his dark eyes peeking up at the clock on the wall. It had been 10 minutes and Iker was starting to get a little frustrated. All he wanted to do was make his way up to where Olivia was sat and have her congratulate him in that way only she could.

“She’s here”

Iker looked up at the sound of Olivia’s voice, a grin appearing on his face. “I thought you weren’t working” he mused.

“I wasn’t, but Callie pulled some strings so that I could be the one who did this interview” she explained “Why, aren’t you pleased to see me?” she added, a small laugh falling out of her mouth.

Iker shook his head and padded up towards her, pressing a warm kiss against her lips. “I am so proud of you” Olivia murmured, pulling back from him a fraction “You played fantastically” she added.

“I did Ok” Iker replied “Ronaldo’s hat-trick was probably more important” he added.

“You still had to keep them out” Olivia smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek “And you did that superbly” she added.

Iker smiled and held her close for a few seconds before he drew away, pressing a small kiss to the ring which she wore subtly on the wrong hand. “Gracias, fiancée” he cooed softly.

“You’re welcome, fiancé” Olivia giggled in return.

“Fiancé?”

The pair startled a little and drew away from one another, their eyes peeking at Sergio who stood in the doorway, a grin fixed on his face. “Something you’d like to say?” he teased.