Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

44: Enjoy It While It Lasts

“So, how did he do it?” Sergio smiled as he quietly moved to close the door behind him. He hadn’t meant to walk in on them, he’d only been looking for Iker to enquire if he wanted to go out with the rest of the team, but he was a little pleased that he had. He’d known that there was something going on with the keeper and he was pleased that he knew what. Olivia, who had turned to hide her face in Iker’s shoulder, shook her head, something which made Sergio smile. “Come on Oli” he teased, padding up to the pair “I’m just a little curious” he added.

Olivia shifted a little before she pulled her head out of Iker’s shoulder, her blue eyes peeking at the defender. “You really want to know?” she posed.

Sergio snorted. “How this guy proposed? Of course I do, Oli” Sergio grinned, nudging Iker’s shoulder playfully.

The keeper rolled his eyes. “Don’t you have anything else to be doing?” he posed, slightly irked that the defender had ruined the moment.

“No” Sergio grinned “Drinks can wait. I want to hear about you proposing” he teased, earning a slight laugh from Olivia.

“He was really sweet about it” Olivia grinned “We’d just visited my parents’ graves and he pulled me back and got down on one knee in the rain. He told me that he couldn’t imagine his life without me” she giggled, her stomach filling with butterflies at the thought of it.

Sergio smiled. “He did it in the rain?” he posed.

Olivia grinned. “He gave me his coat afterwards and we kissed in the rain” she confirmed happily.

“As wonderful as listening to this is, Oli, we have an interview to get through and Sergio, don’t you have somewhere else to be?” Iker interjected. He liked it, listening to Olivia fawn over his proposal assured him that he had done it right, but he was still in the phase where he didn’t appreciate sharing her, even if it was with his friends. He wanted Olivia to himself.

“Wow, someone is protective” Sergio chuckled.

“He’s probably right Sergio” Olivia commented, sensing that Iker didn’t like the idea of the defender being to close “Can we count on you to keep this to yourself for a little while?” she posed.

“You’re not telling people?” Sergio quipped.

“Not right away, no” Olivia smiled “We’re going to take a few days to get used to it and then we’re going to tell our families before we make an announcement” she explained softly.

Sergio nodded. “Well, congrats from me” he enthused “I wish you both a lot of happiness” he added.

Olivia smiled. “Gracias, Sergio” she quipped, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. Sergio hugged her back before he spotted Iker over the brunette’s shoulder, his dark eyes glaring at the embrace the pair were sharing. “I should probably let go before he starts actually fuming” Sergio muttered lowly into the brunette’s ear. Olivia spluttered out a small laugh before she pulled away.

“I am going to get back to the others” the defender smiled “I can count on the pair of you for drinks later right?” he grinned.

“Well…” Iker started

“We’ll be there” Olivia interjected “We can’t wait to celebrate with the rest of you” she added with a smile.

Sergio nodded his head and padded out of the room, leaving Iker and Olivia alone once more. “So much for keeping it quiet” Iker mumbled as he placed his arms around her waist once more, hugging her close “Sergio will have told almost everyone by the end of the night” he added, pressing a kiss to her temple.

“The end of the night? They’ll all know by the time we arrive for drinks” Olivia giggled.

“Which is all the more reason we ought to skip out and go home” Iker commented “We can open that bottle of champagne that I have in my bag and celebrate in a more…romantic kind of way” he added, his voice dropping somewhat to a whisper.

Olivia giggled at the feel of his breath on her skin, but shook her head. “I’d love that, but I think your friends and teammates want the chance to celebrate with you first, Iker. I think we both know that this could easily be…”

“Please, don’t say it Oli” Iker murmured.

“I know you don’t want to hear it, but it is a possibility you need to be aware of and your friends are all aware of it too. Iker, this could be the last time they have to celebrate with you” she explained softly.

Iker sighed. “Way to kill the mood, Oli” he mumbled.

Olivia shook her head and pressed a little kiss against his lips. “You’ll get me on my own later, amor” she whispered gently “And trust me, that will be worth the wait, but right now, drinks with your friends are more important” she explained.

Iker quirked an eyebrow. “Worth the wait?” he teased, steering her towards the door.

“Oh, querida, you’ve seen nothing yet” she teased before she blew a kiss over her shoulder, something which made Iker grin

“You’re a tease” he mumbled, placing his arms around her waist.

“And you’re stalling” she giggled, feeling his lips gently press against the side of her neck.

“Can you blame me? You’re so beautiful” he mumbled.

Olivia blushed and padded towards lounge where the rest of the team were waiting. “I’m glad you think so” she giggled before she pushed the door open slightly. Iker followed her movements and pressed another doting kiss to her cheek before he pushed the door open fully, jumping somewhat as the chorus of congratulations echoed in the air.

Olivia giggled and shook her head. “I told you” she giggled cheerfully.

Iker rolled his eyes slightly and spared a glance over at Sergio who rather glumly handing over a small amount of money to Cristiano who grinned in congratulations at the keeper. Iker shook his head at the sight before he turned back to Olivia, smiling as she began to chat with a few of the other women, showing of the ring which she had subtly moved onto the correct hand. “She looks happy” Sergio chimed with a grin.

Iker smiled. “She does” he noted.

“Iker?” Sergio quipped.

The keeper shook his head. He didn’t want to bring the mood down by raising doubts about his future, he merely wanted to enjoy the feeling of being engaged whilst it lasted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comments :)