Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 26- Adorable Sometimes

Cris’ Pov

I stare at Lucy in the bed. My mind doesn't even want to think what will happen if she lost the baby. She blames herself for almost everything. It wouldn't be her fault if the worst happens. I know she wanted the baby.

"Cris" she starts to mumble. She said my name I smile so happy to hear her speak. "Hey I'm here. It's ok" I say. "Ssh careful the doctor said your head will hurt" I say as she gets used to been awake. "Cris" she says opening her eyes. "Hey sleepy head" I say as she looks at me with a groggy look on her face. I've missed seeing that look in the mornings.

"What happened?" she asks. "You fainted at work and hit your head. But the doctor said all your head scans came back clean so you just have to take it easy for a few days" I say. "Why are you here?" she asks and my heart sinks. She doesn't want me here. She really wants nothing to do with me even with the baby.

"Where else would I be?" I eventually say wondering if I should go when Elena comes back. "I meant you should be at training" she mumbles. Does that mean she wants me here? "It's almost 9 at night Lucy. You've been out cold since lunch time" I say. "Oh" she says and closes her eyes. "The baby" she says suddenly lifting her head suddenly before a look of pain shows on her face. "Hey I told you to be careful" I say quickly leaving the chair I had been sitting to sit on the edge of her bed" I say.

"Is the baby ok? Please tell me the baby is ok?" she asks. "No" she starts to cry. "Lucy ssh it's ok. I didn't mean to upset you. I'm just trying to figure out what to say" I say wiping a tear from her cheek. "Cris" she says. "They don't know how the baby is yet. They were waiting for you to wake up to do a scan" I say. "But" she asks. "Cris please tell me" she begs. "Your doctor couldn't give a definite answer that the baby is ok" I say. "No please no. I can't lose the baby" she cries and I notice her hand moving to her stomach.

She was growing my child.

"It will be ok. Look at me. No matter what happens Lucy, we will get through it together" I say. "I need to know. I want the scan now" she says trying to sit up in the bed again. "Lucy will you lay down. I'll go find someone ok. Just rest please. Your body needs time to refuel" I say nodding to the IV in her arm.

"Why do I have this?" she asks. "You were dehydrated. You haven't been eating and drink enough" I say. "I haven't been able to keep any food down or stop been sick. Oh God what if it's my fault" she says. Just like I thought I think. "Hey stop thinking bad thoughts. It's not your fault. I'll be back in a minute" I say placing a kiss on her forehead and she calls my name when I reach the door. "Don't think what bad things can happen Lucy" I say. "I'm glad you are here" she says. And she means it I think. "Rest. I'll be back soon" I say only leaving her alone because we both needed to know about the baby.

I eventually meet a lovely nurse who says she'll ask if Lucy can have a scan tonight. I send a text to Nuno and a few of my teammates to tell them Lucy was awake and would be ok before heading back into Lucy's room where Elena was talking to her. We talk about Lucy not realising she was pregnant and how bad her sickness had been. Hopefully she won't be as sick for the rest of the pregnancy.

Lucy goes all quiet and I know why. "Stop thinking" I mutter. "It's what I do" she says sticking out her tongue at me. I laugh at the sight of her looking better. "Ye two are adorable sometimes" Elena laughs and I don't miss the look Lucy gives her friend. "Ok I think I'll leave you get some rest. Genius over there will take care of you" Elena says standing. "Thanks Elena. I'm sorry I worried you" Lucy says. "It's ok. I got out of lunch with a sleazy of a client. I won't have to listen to Jack ask question about him now" Elena says. "Who knew Jack was the jealous type?" Lucy smiles. "It's a good think he's jealous at times. Shows he cares. Who knows he might even get into a fight over me? What kind of guy does that Cris?" she grins at me.

Elena smirks at me. Thanks Elena. I think. And I wasn't jealous of Matt. Well not much. And we didn't get into a fight I think. As I walk Elena to the door she turns and whispers to me. "Don't let her down Cris. She's going to need you if it's bad news" she says. "I won't" I say.

My knee won't stop shaking as I wait for the screen to appear with our baby on it. "How far along do you think you are?" the nurse asks. "About 9 weeks" I say smiling at Lucy. That trip will be remembered for such much more now I think. "What's wrong?" Lucy asks. "I'm just looking" she says.

"Can you see it? Please is the baby ok?" Lucy begs and I take her hand. Please God don't let it be bad news. “I’m just…” she stutterers. “Just what?” Lucy asks. "Here we are. Can you see that?" she asks us pointing to a little dot on the screen. "That's your baby" she says. "Our baby" Lucy whispers as tears fall down the side of her face.

"Wow" I say. "Does everything look ok?" Lucy asks. "Listen" she says as the room fills with a faint sound. "Is that the baby?" I ask. "That's the heartbeat yes. Everything looks as it's supposed to be" she says. "Thank God" I say. “For a second there I thought it was twins” the nurse says. “Twins” Lucy says in shock. “Relax it’s only one baby” the nurse says. “Oh good” Lucy says.

"Would you like a picture?" she ask. "Two please" Lucy says wiping her face with the back of her hand. "Dr. Jones will be in later to talk to you about organising a midwife and what to look out for. And how not to run the risk of you fainting again" she says.

"Thank you" Lucy says with a huge smile on her face. We're alone again and I can't stop staring at the picture in my hand. "Wow. Like I know you're pregnant but seeing this It makes it all real" I say. "I know" Lucy says.

"Hey are you ok?" I ask. "I thought..." she stops. "But the baby is fine and will be keeping us awake during the night before you know it" I smile. And Lucy half smiles at me.

“So it’s only one baby” I smirk. “My heart when she said that. One baby is a shock but if it had been two” Lucy says. “Two wouldn’t have been so bad” I say. The more the merrier I think.

“We could have each had one. Spilt them up and in years time they could meet” she joked. “What?” I say. “I was joking Cris. Jezz have you ever seen The Parent Trap?” she asks. “You know they try and manage to get their parents back together” I say. “It’s fiction Cristiano” she says and I decide not to push her.

"Now you should get some rest" I say and she makes a face. "What?" I ask. "I'm hungry" she says and I laugh. "That's a good sign. I'll get you something to eat. I have to tell Elena she will be dragged out baby shopping before she knows it" I say. "It's still early Cris" she says. "I know but well you can't worry all the time" I say. "I guess. So about this food you are getting me" she smiles. "How does Nuno's pasta bake sound?" I grin. "Oh I love your cousin" she grins as life comes back to her face. "He comes in handy at times. He texted a few moments ago to say he' outside. I'll be back in a second" I say standing. "Don't even think about eating all of my food Ronaldo" she says. "You're eating for two now. I wouldn't dream of it" I say.

"It should be still hot" Nuno says as I get into his car and stare out the window. "What's wrong?" he asks. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing" I say as relief hits me. "Lucy's ok?" Nuno asks. "The baby is ok" I say. "That's brilliant news. You must be so relieved?" he asks. "We both are. I knew she wanted the baby. I can't believe I'm going to be a dad" I say. "Poor Lucy she's stuck with you now" Nuno smirks.

"We hopefully she'll want to be stuck with me" I say. "Cris don't push her. Just because you're having a baby together doesn't mean she's suddenly going to run back into your arms" Nuno says. "I know" I say. "Do you? Lucy isn't going to get past the lying and cheating in a hurry. I'm just saying what she thinks" he says. "I'm just going to focus on getting Lucy out of here and take things one day at a time. Just relax" I say. "That's going to be easier said than done. Your Maé is coming earlier than planned" he says.

"Why?" I ask. "I may have let slip that Lucy was in hospital when she phoned but she was coming early anyway" he says in a rush. "Super. I should get back to Lucy" I say. "See you tomorrow" he says knowing I had every intention of staying at the hospital with Lucy.

I feel something at my feet and kick it away. The feeling comes back and my foot falls to the ground and I sit up suddenly. "What the hell?" I ask looking around. "You're going to be late for training" Lucy laughs.

"You didn't have to kick my feet" I say. "I didn't kick. I knocked them off my bed. Now go" she says as I put my shoes back on. After she devoured the pasta quickly, Lucy feel asleep moments later which meant I didn't have to argue with her about staying last night. "You didn't have to stay last night" she says. "I wouldn't have slept knowing you were here anyway. How's the head?" I ask.

"Ten times as bad as the hangover I had after Tina and I's trip to Marbella three years ago" she groans. "Ok" I say. "Go. I'll be fine" she says. "Ok I'll be back later. Just listen to what the doctor tells you and try and relax and- Will you go? You're making my head worst. Plus I don't want you to steal my breakfast like you did with my pasta last night" she smirks.

"I gave you the bigger slice" I say. "We need to teach you measurements again" she mumbles.

"Well I'm pretty sure I have a good measurement of- "Stop" she blushes as I grin.

"Good to see you looking better" I say placing a kiss on her cheek. "Talk to you later" I say practically skipping out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The baby is ok. But should Cristiano started listening to Nuno?

Thanks to ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.