Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 25- Can You See It?

Lucy’s Pov

I blink a couple of times trying to open my eyes. My head is pounding. What..... I try to sit up but can't. "Careful" I hear someone say. "Where am..." I mutter. "I'm Dr. Jones. You're in hospital. You fainted and hit your head. But everything will be ok. Just rest" he says.

"But" I whisper. "Just rest. Once your awake we can discuss what made you faint. You need to start eating more" he says. "I can't keep anything down" I whisper. "The baby" I say loudly and he stops me from moving.

"Just sleep" he says and I can feel my eyes struggling to stay open. "The baby" I whisper as my eyes close.

"I wanted you the first time I saw" he says. "Stop been cheesy and tell me" I say laying beside him in the bed. "It's the truth. I wanted you" Cris says as I think back to the morning after we slept together the first time.

"Cris" I mumble.

"Hey I'm here. It's ok" I hear a voice say as I move in the bed. "Ssh careful the doctor said your head will hurt" the voice says again as I bring my hand up to my forehead.

"Cris" I say opening my eyes to find him sitting in a chair by my bed. "Hey sleepy head" he smiles. "What happened?" I ask. "You fainted at work and hit your head. But the doctor said all your head scans came back clean so you just have to take it easy for a few days" he says.

"Why are you here?" I ask and he frowns. "Where else would I be?" he shrugs. "I meant you should be at training" I mumble as my eyes adjust to the light in the room. "It's almost 9 at night Lucy. You've been out cold since lunch time" he says. "Oh" I say closing my eyes again.

"The baby" I say lifting my head before a shoot of pain to my head stops me from moving. "Hey I told you to be careful" he says taking a seat on the edge of the bed" he says. "Is the baby ok? Please tell me the baby is ok?" I ask. He sighs and closes his eyes. Oh no. Please no. "No" I cry.

"Lucy ssh it's ok. I didn't mean to upset you. I'm just trying to figure out what to say" he says wiping a tear of my cheek. "Cris" I say. "They don't know how the baby is yet. They were waiting for you to wake up to do a scan" he says. "But" I ask. "Cris please tell me" I beg. "Your doctor couldn't give a definite answer that the baby is ok" he says. "No please no. I can't lose the baby" I cry moving my hand to my stomach. "It will be ok" he says.

"Look at me" he says lifting my chin. "No matter what happens Lucy, we will get through it together" he says. "I need to know. I want the scan now" I say trying to sit up in the bed. "Lucy will you lay down. I'll go find someone ok. Just rest please. Your body needs time to refuel" he says nodding to the IV in my arm.

"Why do I have this?" I ask. "You were dehydrated. You haven't been eating and drink enough" he says. "I haven't been able to keep any food down or stop been sick. Oh God what if it's my fault" I say.

"Hey stop thinking bad thoughts. I'm going to find someone to ask about the scan and find Elena. She just went to get something to eat" he says. "She's here" I ask. "You had us all worried you know" he says stroking my cheek. "I'm sorry" I say. "It's not your fault. I'll be back in a minute" he says placing as kiss on my forehead and hops of the bed.

"Cris" I say as he reaches the door. "Don't think what bad things can happen Lucy" he says. "I'm glad you are here" I say. He smiles. "Rest. I'll be back soon" he says leaving the room.

I look around the hospital room. At the IV in my arm. At the monitors. How could I have let this happen? Had I been eating right all these months? Had I taking too much drink? What if the baby isn't ok? What if I’ve lost the baby?

"I know you like your sleep but some people have spent their whole day worrying about" Elena jokes coming through the door and I burst into tears. "Oh sweetie I was only messing with you" she says rushing to my bedside. "The baby" I whisper. "Hey don't get upset. Cris said they have to do a scan. He also said not to let you think about the worst case scenario" she says as I wipe my face with a tissue she handed me.

"What if the baby isn't ok? I can't lose this baby" I say. "Stop worrying about things you don't know about it. Hey Nuno said he'd bring you in a chocolate cake later. I may have suggested it would cheer you up" she smirks. "You just want a piece. And I hope you’re not starting to think his cake is better than mine" I say.

"Your cake is better hands down" Cris says closing the door after him. "Cris" I say. "It's ok. I told a nurse you were awake. She said she'd tell your doctor and organise a scan for the morning" he says. "The morning. We can't wait till then" I say moving to sit but lay back down again when he glares at me for moving. He smiles a little. "That's what I told her. She said she'd make it known how important it is to have the scan now" he says and I take a deep breath.

"Guess we just have to wait so" Elena says pulling up a chair. "Elena you don't have to stay. You've been here all day. You can go home" I say. "I'm not leaving you now" she says. "I have Cris. I'll be fine. I probably won't be allowed home tonight anyway" I say. "If your vital signs don't improve you'll be here for a few days" he says and I frown.

"I should have tried to eat more" I say. "You couldn't help that you sickness wouldn't let you. It's funny how the minute you find out that you’re pregnant you can't stop getting sick while the whole time before you had nothing" Elena smiles. "You really never had an inkling?" Cris asks. I shake my head but immediately regret it.

"Crap" I say holding my head. "Don't even think about saying anything about me moving" I mutter to Cris who sits smugly in a chair at the other side of my bed. "Wouldn't dream of it" he says smirking. "I know there was a few times you were sick but I just thought it was down to shock after Tina" Elena says. "Me too. Like I haven't even gained any weight" I say. "But you've lost some" Cris says and we glare at him.

"What it doesn't take a genius to notice that" he says. "Hence why you noticed it" I mutter. "My sisters said it too. And Maé" he says. "You didn't have any real signs other than a little bit of nausea Lucy. I'm sure once you’re feeling better you'll be back to your normal weight and be right as rain" Elena says.

If the baby is ok I think.

"Stop thinking" Cristiano mutters. "It's what I do" I say sticking out my tongue at him and he laughs. "Ye two are adorable sometimes" Elena laughs and I turn to face her. "Ok I think I'll leave you get some rest. Genius over there will take care of you" Elena says standing. "Thanks Elena. I'm sorry I worried you" I say.

"It's ok. I got out of lunch with a sleazy of a client. I won't have to listen to Jack ask question about him now" she says. "Who knew Jack was the jealous type?" I smile. "It's a good think he's jealous at times. Shows he cares. Who knows he might even get into a fight over me? What kind of guy does that Cris?" she grins at him. He shrugs and Elena smirks at him. I feel like I'm missing something but the sound of the door opening distracts me.

"Hi Lucy, I'm Anna I've just come to check on you" she says. "I'll see you later. Try not to worry" Elena says kissing my head. "Thanks Elena" I say. "Let me know how...." she stutters. "I'll phone you. Thanks for today Elena" Cris says walking to the door with her.

Twenty minutes later, it's time for the scan and I don't think I've ever been more scared. "Let's have a look" the midwife says squeezing some gel on my stomach. I move at the cold feeling. "Sorry it's a little cold" she smiles.

"How far along do you think you are?" she asks. "About 9 weeks" Cris says smiling at me. I can't believe how much has changed in such a short time.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "I'm just looking" she says. "Can you see it? Please is the baby ok?" I beg as Cris takes my hand and I grip his tightly. Please. Please don't let me lose the baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucy has Cris now but will she need him even more after the scan? Will the baby be ok? Hope will Lucy cope if she loses the baby. What did you think of their interaction?

Thanks to Jayme112234 for her comment.