Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 4- She Could Have Talked To Me

Cristiano’s Pov

“Hello” I say into the phone. “Hey Cris. It’s Jack. Look I haven’t got much time so just listen ok” he says quickly. “Ok” I say. “Lucy is back from New York” he says. “She is” I say delighted. “Ya. Elena collected her from the airport a couple of hours ago” he says. “So she’s at home?” I ask. “I think so. Look I just thought you should know. But you didn’t hear it from me” Jack says. “I won’t. Thanks Jack” I say as I hang up. He didn’t have to tell me, but I was so happy he did. Even though he knew Elena wouldn’t be happy if she knew her boyfriend just told me, Lucy was back.

“What’s with the smile?” Nuno asks. “Lucy’s back from New York” I say grabbing my keys and jacket. “Cris where are you going” Nuno shouts after me. “Where do you think?” I say. “Ronaldo wait. Are you sure it’s wise?” he asks. “I’ve got nothing else to lose. I need to see her” I say. “If she wanted to talk, she’d answer your calls” he says. “I’ve to try” I say heading to the door.

My keys no longer work to get into Lucy’s apartment. Tina had the changed quickly I guess. “Please open the door” I mumble as I knock on the door. “What do you want?” Tina shouts. “I want to see Lucy” I say. “She’s not here” she says.

“I know she is so you can stop lying” I say. “Well you’d know all about lying” she replies. “Please I just want to talk to her” I plead. “Just leave” she says. “What’s going on?” Elena asks as she comes to the door. “Oh” she says on seeing me. “I need to speak to Lucy. Please Elena” I say. “Just leave” Elena says.

“Lucy” I shout past the two women. “I told you not to hurt her” Tina says pushing me away from the door. “Stay away from her or it won’t be your car I’ll be breaking” Tina shouts and slaps the door close.
She was there. She had to know that I was here. I take out my phone and dial her number. Voicemail what a shock! “Lucy. I love you. Please. I just want to talk” in plead into the phone.

It was only a slim chance that she might leave her apartment, so I waited outside in my car. But she never left.

“How did it go?” Katia asks as I unbutton my jacket, once I reach home. “Can’t you tell by his face” Elma says. “I don’t want to hear it” I say. “You didn’t see her” Nuno says. “Didn’t get past her bulldog and puppy” I say. “Where are you going?” Nuno asks. “To my room. I want to be alone” I say.

My room is not the best place to be though. Everywhere I look I see Lucy. I see her asleep on the bed. Her laughing as Marcosa refused to listen to me. Her clothes taking over my wardrobe. But nothing was here. Elena had arrived days after Lucy had left, to collect all of Lucy’s stuff. I couldn’t stomach to watch as any evidence of Lucy been in my house was taken away. Except for Ted the teddy bear I gave her.

**************************Thursday*****************************

“I hope you play better at the weekend” Michael says as the ball sweeps into the net on the tv. “Sorry” I say handing the video game controller to Wazza. “I think you’re even more miserable, now you know Lucy is back in Manchester” Rio says.

“Don’t start Rio” Wazza warns. “I’m not. I’m just saying I thought he’d be a little bit happy she’s back” Rio says. “She might as well still be in New York, since she won’t speak to him” Fletch says. “At least there was a whole ocean stopping me from seeing her in person when she was there. I can’t even get past her guard dogs” I sigh looking towards the door. “You just need to get her on her own” Rio says.

“She knew I was outside the door, the other night. If she wanted to talk to me, she could have” I say shaking my head. “Maybe I’ve lost her for good” I say. “Hey what happened to the I’m not giving up on her attitude” Wayne asks. “It’s starting to realise that she may have given up on me” I say looking at the door again.

“Just go and talk to Coleen already” Wayne says. “Sorry” I say. “I swear if you look at that door again, I’ll hit you. Just go and talk to her. She’s in the kitchen. I know you have wanted to talk to her since I told you Lucy had spoken to her” he says. “Thanks” I say standing.

“Have you got a minute?” I ask as I walk into Wayne’s kitchen. “How long after I told Wayne that I had
spoken to Lucy did he tell you?” she asks turning her back to me. “He’s just been a good mate” I say. “And I like to think Lucy can count me as a friend” she says. “How is she?” I ask taking a seat on a nearby stool. “Good considering. You know she only rang to apologise for not been in much contact with me lately. She was worried I’d be upset with her. Can you believe that?” Coleen asks.

“I can actually. She’s very kind” I say. “Well I don’t think she’ll be kind to you any more. Do you know what it feels like to be cheated on?” she asks. “I do actually. Merche cheated on me remember” I say. “I always hated that bitch. Why did she have to ruin things? Why couldn’t you have just stayed away from her?” Coleen says.

“I didn’t cheat on Lucy. Oh what’s the use. You are clearly never going to believe me” I say. “I believe that you loved her” Coleen says. “I do love her” I say. “Well you have a funny way of showing it” Coleen says and I sigh.

“I don’t even know why I bother. The one person I want to believe me won’t even speak to me. And even if she did. She’s thinks I was pretending” I mutter to myself.

“What do you mean pretending?” Coleen asks. “Nothing” I say making an attempt to stand. “No you don’t” she says tugging at my sleeve to sit. “Why would she think you were pretending?” she asks. “Because we were at the start” I say. “Excuse me. I saw how much you loved her the first night you two came here” Coleen says. “Really” I say in amazement that I hadn’t seen it sooner myself.

“Yes. Now talk” Coleen says. “Lucy wasn’t really my girlfriend when you first met her” I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cristiano has friends for support but it's Lucy's friends who won't help. Will he ever get to speak to Lucy? Is he telling the truth or is he fooling everyone?

Thanks to Jayme112234 and ariana_aemming for all their comments.