Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 3- Better Off Without Him

Lucy’s Pov

I sit and listen to the shouting at the door. “Just leave” I hear Tina shout. “I need to speak to Lucy” the man says and my heart is in my mouth. I haven’t heard that voice in weeks. I couldn’t bring myself to listen to all his voicemails. “Lucy” he shouts and I wipe a tear of my cheek.

“I just want to talk” he shouts. “She doesn’t want to see or talk to you ever again. Go find that slut and talk to her” Tina roars. “Just leave Cristiano” Elena says calmly. I don’t hear his reply as I place my ear phones in. “Don’t go breaking my heart. I couldn’t if I tried” the woman sings and I pull the ear phones out and throw the ipod on the couch.

“Hey” Elena says surprised to see me. “Did you have a nice shower?” she asks. “Ya. It was nice to wash the plane smell of me” I say. I had arrived back in Manchester from New York a couple of hours ago. Hearing his voice, I’m beginning to regret it. “You heard didn’t you?” she asks taking a seat on the couch. I nod. “Can you believe that asshole. The cheek of him” Tina says walking into the room. “Oh” she says on seeing me.

“It’s ok” I say. “It’s not. He shouldn’t be here. I told him not to come back. The lying cheating bastard” she says. “Tina” Elena warns. “What he is. Lucy’s better off without him” she says. “Are you?” Elena asks me. “Of course she is. I googled his ex. Lucy is far prettier than her” Tina says. “Merche. Oh God that image of her in his United jersey was in my head everytime I closed my eyes for weeks.
Why did it have to be her? Couldn’t I have been enough for him?

“He said he wants to talk to you” Elena says. “Over my dead body” Tina says. “Tina, will you stop” Elena says. “I don’t want to talk to him Elena. I saw and heard enough” I say. It feels like only yesterday that I realised I was a fool. I had been so angry with Cristiano for lying to me about when he dropped the charges against Tina. But I never expected to find out that he was cheating on me. I thought Mark hurt me. But seeing Merche in his house. Hurt more than I could have dreamt. I was such a fool for thinking it was all real. I got caught up in the fairy tale of it all.

Why would he want me when he could have her?

“Look just forget about him. He doesn’t deserve you” Tina says joining Elena on the couch. “I still can’t believe he cheated on you” Elena says shaking her head. “He’s guy” Tina says.

I drove back to here when I left his house that horrible day. I could barely see through the rain and my tears. At one point I had to pull over and throw up as a picture of the two of them popped into my head. I found Elena with Tina and they immediately knew something had happened.

“After everything you did for him. He should have his bits cut of” Tina says.

I ended up telling her everything. How he and I had really became a couple. Well I thought real. I told her everything expect about agreeing to sleep with him. She didn’t need to know that. No one did. Although looking back now, it would have saved me a lot of hurt if I had slept with him that night.

Tina had been shocked to put it mildly. She couldn’t believe had done all of that for her. It made her hate him even more. He had came banging on the door not long after. I left Tina deal with him. Each day he phoned or knocked on the door. Thank God, Tina changed the locks. Soon I was getting calls from his family but I couldn’t answer them. I feel so ashamed that I had lied to them all. I left for New York and was so happy to see my Dad. He knew I was hiding something and soon I ended up crying into his shoulder about the whole thing.

He nearly persuaded me to stay in New York. Now I wish I had.

“Lucy” Elena says. “Sorry” I say rubbing my eyes. “Where did you go just there?” she asks. “No where. I’m just tried” I say.

“What happens next?” she asks. “I go to work and live my life” I say. “That simple” Elena says. “I managed well enough before I met him. I’ll manage well enough without him” I say standing. “I'd believe you a lot more if you could say his name rather than him” Elena says.

“My future is exactly what it was like last September. Before I ever laid eyes on Cristiano” I say emphasising his name for Elena’s benefit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is Tina right? Should Lucy forget about Cristiano? Did Lucy make a mistake coming back from New York? Is she over Cristiano? Does she want to try? Will they ever see each other face to face?

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123, ArsenalFanKT and Jayme112234 for all their comments.