Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 50- He Deserves To Know

Lucy’s Pov

“What are you doing here? Is the baby ok?” Elma asks. “The baby is fine. One of my co-workers hurt her leg. I got lost looking for x-ray. But what are you both doing here?” I ask and then I notice the sign above the door they had come through. Oncology

“Dolores, Elma what is going on?” I ask feeling sick to my stomach. “Dolores” I say. “I have breast cancer” she says and I shut my eyes as her words sink in. “You have cancer?” I ask. “Why don’t we sit?” Elma says and we take a seat on some nearby chairs. “I didn’t go to Maderia. I went to London for some more tests. I was here to discuss treatment” Dolores says.

“Oh Dolores I don’t know what to say” I say. “I know it’s a shock” Elma says. “But they caught it early” Dolores says. “So you’re going to be ok? You’ll have treatment and get better” I say. “Please God yes” she says. “Why didn’t you tell me? There you were fussing over me at the weekend when you have being dealing with this” I say. “Nonsense. I can’t sit and do nothing all day” she says.

“You should have said something. Cris should have said told me. Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I’m going to break. He should have told me so I could have being there for you” I say. “He doesn’t know” Dolores says.

“Excuse me?” I ask in shock. “Only myself and Katia know. Maé doesn’t want to worry him and Hugo” Elma says. “Doesn’t want to worry them. Dolores you are sick. You need their support” is say. “I’m hoping that I won’t need much chemo and they don’t need to worry about something that will be fixed soon” Dolores says. “And what happens if they find out?” I ask. “They won’t” she says. “I did. How long until they figure out that you are having treatment. Cris will notice” I say.

“He needs to focus on football. On you and the baby” Dolores says. “And he will. But also on you” I say. “You can’t tell him. I don’t want to him to be upset” she says. “Have you forgotten how he reacted after finding out about you and Andre? When he found out that everyone had lied to him. That his sister and brother knew but he didn’t. Imagine how he will react once he finds out that you are sick and haven’t told him?” I say. “I have told her this. And so has Katia” Elma says. “Then keep telling her” I say. “Lucy” Dolores says.

“Dolores you have to tell him. He deserves to know” I say. “I don’t want to upset him. Please you can’t tell him” she begs. “I can’t not tell him. I can’t look him in the eyes and lie to him. Not about this. Please Dolores tell him. Tell Hugo. Please” I beg. “I don’t want to hurt them” she says. “You won’t. They will just want to be there for you. Let them do that” I say. “Lucy please respect my decision” she says. “I can’t. I’m sorry. I know you are afraid to hurt him, but lying to him will only make things worst” I say. “I don’t think I can” she says.

“Dolores you are one of the past people I would want to be ill and I really hate what you are going through right now. And I’m sorry for saying this but I have to” I say and take a deep breath. “Either you tell Cris or I will” I say. “But” she says. “He deserves to hear to from you and no one else Dolores. If he finds out from someone else it will kill him. Please Dolores. It will hurt you even more if you see him like that” I say and she closes her eyes in thought.

“You’re very quiet” Elena says as I push my pasta around my plate hours later. “Am I?” I ask. I hadn’t heard from Dolores since Elma took her home earlier. I don’t know what she is going to do. “Have you heard from Cris?” Elena asks. “No” I say shaking my head. I don’t know if Dolores has told him. Or if I will have to. She could be telling him right now. “I thought you wanted him to leave you alone. Why do you look like you are anxious for him to ring you?” Elena asks.

“I not, I just want someone in that house to ring” I say. “Why?” she asks. “I bumped into Dolores and Elena when I was at the hospital with Lizzy today” I say. “And?” she asks. “Look Elena I don’t really think it’s my place to tell you especially when Cris doesn’t know. I just hope he does know” I say. “And when he does know?” she asks.

“I don’t know how…What will?....It’s not going to be easy” I stutter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Dolores is ill but will she tell Cristiano? Was Lucy right to give Dolores an ultimatum?

Thanks to ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.