Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 6- I'm Not Going To Give Up On Us

Cristiano’s Pov

Coleen had been shocked after I told her about Lucy and me. She said she would never had guessed we were pretending. Wish I could get Lucy to see that.

“I’m surprised she hasn’t changed her number or phoned the police the amount of times you have phoned her” Nuno says as I look at my phone. “I hope she doesn’t. I went to her apartment today” I say. “And no one was there” he says. “Or at least no one answered the door” I say sighing against the cushion on the couch. “I’ve never seen you like this before. You really do love her” he says.

“I hope he does or else I’ve just lied to Lucy” Elma says walking into the living room.

“Of course I love her. I wouldn’t be going crazy from not speaking to her if I didn’t” I say from the couch. “He can be so slow sometimes” Nuno says and Elma laughs.

“Who’s slow?” Katia asks coming into the room. “Our brother” Elma says. “Did you not hear what Elma said just there?” Nuno asks. “She said she hopes she hadn’t lied to Lucy” I say grabbing my phone. “Wait you spoke to Lucy” I say standing. “In person” Elma says. “What. How? Where?” I ask walking towards my sister. “At her office” Katia says. “How did you get in?” Nuno asks. “Asked the receptionist. It’s only you everyone knows not to let in” Elma says to me.

“How is she?” I ask. “She looks good. Happy to be back at work with her friends. She’s lost a bit of weight though” Elma says. “You noticed that too. That’s not good. I hope she’s eating” Katia says. “Hello. What did she say?” I ask.

“She wants nothing to do with…how did she say it. Oh ya our lying cheating asshole brother” Elma says. “She said that” I say as my sank. “Could you blame her? She thinks you cheated on her. Even if you didn’t she still thinks it” Elma says. “What else did she say?” Nuno asks as I sit back down on the couch.

“She wants him to stop calling her” Elma says. “So she’s really given up on me” I say not quite believing what I was hearing.

“She says she doesn’t miss you” Elma says. “But” Katia says looking at Elma. “But what?” I ask hopeful. “But I saw the look on her face when Elma told her Máe isn’t talking to you. She was hurt for you” Katia says.

“But she doesn’t want anything to do with me” I say. “She doesn’t know what she wants if you ask me. She looked happy though” Katia says.

“Well she has friends who buy her flowers and make her laugh. So of course she would be” Elma says. “What?” I ask. “Ignore her” Katia says sitting beside me. “We just overheard her thanking a friend for flowers he sent” Katia says.

“Wouldn't go by the name Matt by any chance” I ask already knowing the answer. I knew the minute I saw how he looked at Lucy the day I went to her office and her friends ended up founding out about us, that he liked her.

“I think so. But that's nothing” Katia says. “Well she did look happy to be around him” Elma says. “Elma you’re not helping” Katia says. “Well you can’t expect her to stay single for ever” Nuno says. “Nuno shut up” I say not wanting to think about that.

“Look Cris. I know it’s not what you want to hear. But I think you need to take a step back” Katia says. “How do you mean?” I ask. “Stop with all the calls. Give her some space” she says. “But I need her to know that I want her” I say shocked. “You’re only making her angry. Just step back a bit” she says. “Elma” I say looking for her opinion. She just shrugs. “I know you love her. But she needs space. That’s the impression I got from her today” Katia says. I don’t know what to say. “I’m going to phone Zé and see how Rodrigo is. Call me for dinner” Katia says heading up the stairs.

“Should he take a step back?” Nuno asks Elma. “I think she’s getting annoyed with all your calls. But I don’t think you can afford to step back. Don’t give others the chance to take her away. Go get your girl. You have nothing more to lose” Elma says.

*************Friday************************

“Remember the last time we were here and I said it was a bad idea. I’m thinking that again about this” Nuno says in the car seat next to me. “I don’t care. I’ve tried everything else. Elma’s right. I need to fight for her” I say as I sit in my car outside Lucy’s office building.

“She might not even be working” Nuno says. “She is. I phoned and the receptionist told me she had a meeting at 4” I say. “Doesn’t mean that it’s here or that she’ll come out at 5” Nuno says. “Then I’ll stay here till she does” I say looking at the doors. “You can’t. You have to get to the hotel” Nuno says. “I don’t care if I miss the match tomorrow. I came here to speak to Lucy and this time I’m not leaving until I do” I say. “Cris” Nuno says.

“No. You can try to talk me out of it but you’re wasting your breath” I say. “Ronaldo will you shut up and look in the rear-view mirror. Lucy is coming along the footpath” he shouts.

I look out the back window. Oh God. I’ve waited so long to see her. “Just don’t cause a scene” Nuno says as I open the car door.

I watch as she walks along the footpath. She’s laughing and looks so pretty with that smile. I miss that giggle.

She’s not alone though. She’s linking arms with Matt. She’s laughing with him. She looks beautiful with her hair in curls and the black coat she wore the first night she came to my house. Matt stops and she looks at him. He says something to her and her face drops.

“Think she knows you are here” Nuno says over the car. She knows and she doesn’t look happen about it I think.

“Lucy” I say walking towards her. “She doesn’t want to talk to you” Matt says brushing past me. “Lucy please” I plead as they walk to the door. “She doesn’t want to see you” Matt says putting his arm around her shoulders.

Who the fuck does he think he is?

“She has a voice of her own. Let her tell me that herself” I say and Lucy stops walking. “Luce, lets go inside” Mat says ushering her to move. She turns and looks at me. For the first time in weeks, I’m staring into the blue eyes that I love. The blue eyes that look so sad right now.

“Matt I’ll follow you in” she says looking at Matt. “You can’t be serious” he says. “This won’t take long” she says. “Are you sure?” Matt asks. “I’ll follow you” she says and he squeezed her hand. “I’ll wait in the lobby” he says and walks through the glass doors.

Yes she was going to talk to me.

“I’m so glad you want to talk to me. I’ve needed to see you” I say and she turns to look at me. She says nothing and walks over to my car. She opens the door and turns to look at me. “Get into your car and never come near me again” she says.

“Lucy” I say. “I don’t want to see you. To speak to you or even look at you. Just leave me alone for good” she roars. “Please Lucy. I need-“ I say.

“You need. It’s all about what you need. Have you ever thought about what I need” she shouts. “Of course I have” I say.

“I need you to leave me alone. I need you to forget about me. I need to stop with all the calls. Stop getting your sisters to talk to me. And stop getting your asshole teammates to make me talk to you” she shouts and slams the door shut.

“I didn’t. What?” I say confused.

“Just leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you” she shouts. “I love you Lucy” I say. “Well I don’t love you” she says and turns and walks towards the doors.

She doesn’t love me.

“That’s not true” I say. “You don’t know the truth. Go get you mates to take you out and find someone else to bother. Keep them away from me” she says. “What. What did they do?” I ask.

“I’m not going to give up on us” I say.

“There is no us. There never really was and there’ll never be an us” she says and disappears through the glass door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cristiano's has finally spoken to Lucy. Was Elma right to tell her brother to go get his girl? Has Cristiano made things worst? Should he be worried about how friendly Lucy and Matt are? Was Lucy telling the truth. Does she not love him?

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.