Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 7- There Is No Us

Lucy’s Pov

“I can’t believe they just showed up like that” Tina says placing a plate on the table. “They were just trying to help their brother” I shrug picking up my fork. “He’s a lying cheating asshole. Thought they were your friends. They shouldn’t want you back with him” she says.

“They are my friends. Sort of. I don’t know. I have missed them but it’s weird. How can you be friends with an ex’s family” I say. “At least they liked you. Mich’s family didn’t like me at all and Mike’s” she says. “What about them?” I ask. “We haven’t told them about us yet. But we will. What did they say anyway?” she asks.

“They just want me to talk to him” I say. “You’re not going to. Are you? After what he did” she asks. “No. Of course not” I say pushing the pasta around my plate. The last thing I wanted was to speak to him. I think.

“Food ok?” she asks. “Ya. It’s lovely. I’m just tired and not that hungry I guess. Had a long day at work” I say. “You glad to be back?” she asks. “Ya it is. Although it’s mad busy. I have a meeting tomorrow that I know nothing about. Since the perspective client hasn’t been really forth coming” I say.

“Matt was sweet to send you the flowers” Tina says nodding to the flowers on the coffee table that I had brought home with me. “Yes it was. Think he’s trying to cheer me up. He even wants to buy me a late Christmas drink” I say.

“You should go. Matt is fun and sweet and-“ Stop right there. He’s just a friend” I say.

“No harm in having fun with a friend though” she says. “Maybe” I say. There’s no harm I guess.

****************Friday***************************

“Great” I mumble looking up at the hotel. Of all the places it think. My mystery client choses the one place in this city where Cristiano’s team stay. I know I won’t bump into him at this time but it’s still a reminder. One I don’t need since this morning, I found a couple of pictures of him and I from when we were in Madeira.

I head to reception and then follow the receptionist’s directions to the meeting room. The client didn’t give me much details other than he was opening a new restaurant in the City and wanted to see how we could promote it. I’m the first to arrive and I set my laptop on the table and take a deep breath.

I’m usually the support not the main person in these meetings. I’m usually with Josh but he had another meeting at the same time. A meeting I could have done with been at I think.

I look at my watch and see the man is late. I hear the door open and I place my phone on the table.

“Finally” I think. “Hello I’m Lu-“ I say but stop.

“Lucy. We know” the voice at the door says and I look at the men.

“What are you all doing here?” I ask in shock. “We came to talk to you about Ronnie” Rio says. “Hell no” I shout and turn to pick up my bag of the floor. “Lucy, please just here us out” Wayne says. “Why should i? Why are you here?” I ask shoving my laptop into my bag.

“We want to talk about you boyfriend” Nani says. “He’s not my boyfriend and it’s none of your business” I yell. “He’s our mate and he misses you” Wayne says.

“Well he should have thought about that before he started seeing that trollop behind my back” I yell.
“Will you just calm down and listen Jezz” Rio says. “Don’t you dare tell me me to calm down Ferdinand” I shout. “He’s miserable without you” Nani says. “He’s just wants to talk to you” Michael says. “So he can tell me a pack of lies. I don’t think so” I say. “He’s not lying” Wayne says.

“You would say that. Don’t. Just don’t” I say. “Please” he says. “I don’t want to hear it. Who the fuck do you all think you are messing with my life. With my business. Pretending to set up a business meeting” I shout. “Well you wouldn’t exactly take a phone call from us now would you” Rio says. “I want nothing more to do with anyone associated with man United and especially not you dickheads” I shout walking towards them.

They don’t move.

“Move” I say. “Just talk to him” Michael says. “Move or I’ll scream this place down” I say and Wayne motions the guys to move out of my way. “Stay out of my love life and don’t ever waste my time again” I say opening the door.

“I always knew you were insane” Rio quips. “Shut up Rio” Wayne mutters. “If you want your so called miserable teammate, then go find him an escort or whatever. That’s all he cares about. I don’t fucking care as long as I don’t have to be near him. And you’re right Rio” I say.

“He is” Nani says in surprise. “I am insane. I’m insane for ever thinking I could trust him” I say and turn to leave. “Or even be happy” I mumble as I bite my lip to stop the tears forming in my eyes from falling.
Those fucking assholes I think as I walk back to my office.

“He misses me” I mimic them. I don’t care I think. “Hey Luce” a voice says from behind me and I turn to see Matt. “Yikes. You look pissed” he says. “I am” I say. “Thought you had a meeting” he says. “After chocolate. I need chocolate” I say walking into the shop he had just come out of.

“What a bunch of twats” he says as we walk towards our office building. “I know. I could have killed them” I say. “It’s so sneaky” he says. “Figures since their his friends. Urgh. What a bunch of time wasters” I groan. “I could have been with Josh doing real work. I don’t care what the have to say” I say.

“Good. You should ignore them. Who cares how that rat bag Portuguese asshole is feeling” he says. “I wish everybody would just leave me alone. I could kill Rio” I say. “Did he really call you insane?” Matt asks.
“Yes and he’s said it more than once” I say. “Well you do support Liverpool” he grins and I playfully slap his arm.

“Don’t you start. I told them that I wanted nothing to do with anyone associated with Man United. I should get rid of you for supporting them” I say. “But you won’t. Cos I’m awesome. And I’ll help you think of a way to get back at Rio” he grins. “I’m listening” I smile. “Have a load of horse manure dropped outside his house” he says and I laugh. “One it wouldn’t be fair on his girlfriend and two where would you get horse manure” I ask laughing.

“Luce” Matt says stopping in his tracks. “What” I ask and he nods up ahead of us. Oh God I think.

“Let’s just go inside” Matt says and we walk towards the doors.

“Lucy” I hear him say and I feel sick at the sound of his voice. “She doesn’t want to talk to you” Matt says as we brush past him. “Lucy please” he pleads. “She doesn’t want to see you” Matt says putting his arm around my shoulders.

“She has a voice of her own. Let her tell me that herself” Cristiano says. Yes I do I think and stop walking. “Luce, lets go inside” Matt says ushering me to move.

I take a deep breath and slowly turn around. Oh God. I can do this. It’s just the one time I tell my self.

“Matt I’ll follow you in” I say turning towards Matt. “You can’t be serious” he says. “This won’t take long” I say. I know he must think I’m crazy. “Are you sure?” Matt asks. “I’ll follow you” I say and he gives my hand an encouraging squeeze.

“I’m so glad you want to talk to me. I’ve needed to see you” Cristiano says when I turn away from the door. I walk towards his car and Nuno nods a hello. I open the door and face Cristiano. “Get into your car and never come near me again” I say strongly.

“Lucy” he says. “I don’t want to see you. To speak to you or even look at you. Just leave me alone for good” I roar. “Please Lucy. I need-“ he says.

He needs. What the hell?

“You need. It’s all about what you need. Have you ever thought about what I need” I shout. “Of course I have” he says. Ya right.

“I need you to leave me alone. I need you to forget about me. I need to stop with all the calls. Stop getting your sisters to talk to me. And stop getting your asshole teammates to make me talk to you” she shouts and slams the door shut.

“I didn’t. What?” I say confused.

“Just leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you” I shout. “I love you Lucy” he says.

I think I’m going to be sick.

“Well I don’t love you” I say.

“That’s not true” he says. “You don’t know the truth. Go get you mates to take you out and find someone else to bother. Keep them away from me” I say just wanting him to leave.

“I'm not going to give up on us” I hear him say as I reach the doors.

“There is no us. There never really was and there’ll never be an us” I say and head into the building.

“Are you ok?” Matt asks rushing towards me. I nod not trusting my voice.

Why did he come?
♠ ♠ ♠
Has Cristiano's teammates made things worse? Is there any harm going for a drink with Matt? Will she ever hear what Cristiano has to say?

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.