Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 68- And Then There Was Three

Lucy’s Pov

“HUGO” I scream and grip the table. This can’t be happening now. Not now I think. “Cris” I whisper as the pain gets stronger. “Lucy” I hear Hugo shout. “HUGO” I shout. “What happened?” he asks coming running into the kitchen. “The baby is coming” I say. “What?” he asks in surprise. “The baby is coming” I yell as another bout of pain hits. “Ok ok” he says.

“I need Cris” I say. “Ok” he says. “Stop saying ok” I yell. “O” he begins to say when I glare at him. “I can’t do this” I say as tears build up in my eyes. “It’s too soon. What if something goes wrong? I’m not ready. I can’t do this” I sob. “Lucy Lucy look at me” Hugo says coming to my side. “Everything is going to be fine” he says calmly.

“What if……I can’t…I can’t lose..” I say trying to catch my breath. “Hey hey breathe. In and out slowly. Come on Lucy” he says showing me how I should breather and I copy him. “First of all we need to get you to the hospital ok” he says. “I need Cris” I cry. “I will call him I promise. Just relax” he says. “I’m in labour Hugo. Don’t tell me to relax” I yell. “Yup sorry. Amm right it’s going to be ok” he says.

“Who are you trying to convince? Me or you?” I ask before I groan in pain. “Ok I think it’s time for the hospital” he says. “I need Cris. I can’t do this on my own. I can’t lose my baby” I cry. “Lucy, Lucy, hey” he says wrapping an arm around my shoulders. “No negative thoughts ok. This is amazing. You are having a baby. You are going to be a mama” he smiles. “I’m going to be a mama” I say the words not quite sinking in yet. “Do you have a baby or something? I mean I remember Katia planning and well..” he stutters. “Upstairs” I sniffle. “Right. Why don’t you take a seat here” he says ushering me to a nearby chair. “And I’ll get the bag and phone Cris. And Maé. I’ll phone them all ok” he says.

“Ahh” I cry grabbing his arm. “Breathe in and out. In and out” he says and I do. “I need Cris. He can’t miss this” I cry. He bends down to my eye level. “He won’t I promise. He won’t miss this. If he was at the other side of the world he would do everything he can to get here. But you need to focus on now ok. Cris will get here but until then you need to focus and relax and just think about how in a few hours you will be home with your baby ok” he says and I nod. “I’ll get your bag” he says and rushes towards the stairs.

I rub my bump trying to block the pain out. “Ok babba, now you listen to me. I want you to come out safe and sound ok. But if you could wait for your papa I would be very grateful” I whisper. “Right I have your bag” Hugo says running back to my side. “Did you get through to Cris?” I ask and he frowns. “Not yet” he says. “No no no. He’s in Scotland. He’s going to miss this” I moan. “I will get through to him. But right now I am going to walk you to the car and then I am going to get the both of you safely to the hospital ok” he smiles. “Hugo” I say as he helps me stand. “Ya” he says.

“Please get Cris here. I can’t do this without him” I say. “He’ll be here Lucy. He loves you just remember that” he says and I nod. “Now let’s walk nice and slowly to the car. I have your bags” he says grabbing my handbag from the floor also. “Argh” I groan as he opens the car door. “You ok?” he asks. “No” I sob. “It will be worth all the pain” he smiles. “Easy for you to say when you don’t have to go through it” I sniffle and he laughs. “Are you seriously laughing at me?” I ask. “Nope” he says trying not to laugh. “I need Dolores” I say. “Let’s get to the hospital first ok” he says as I slowly climb into the car.

“Please tell me you have got through to Cris” I beg when Hugo comes through the doors to my room. “Ahm no” he says. “No no no” I cry. “I’ll get through to him. Don’t you worry” he says. “Don’t worry. Don’t worry. I have been here for two hours” I yell. “I know. I know. He’ll be here though. Now don’t get upset” he says. “I need him” I cry. “He’ll be here. Now what did the nurses say?” he asks pulling up the chair beside the bed. “That the baby is coming. Like really soon. Try your brother again. Try you mother. Ring them Hugo. Just get him here” I cry.

“His match just finished but my calls are ringing out” he says. “He’s not going to answer your calls. Try on my phone. Get Elena here. I can’t do this on my own” I cry as one of the nurses enters the room. “Now how is the mama to be doing?” she asks. “She’s ok. Right Lucy” Hugo smiles at me. “I will be when Cris is here and I’m holding my baby” I say. “Well it shouldn’t be too much longer now” the nurse says.

“No” I say and she raises an eyebrow at me. “It can’t come yet” I say in a panic. “The dad isn’t here yet” Nuno says. “We’ll Lucy’s labour is moving very quickly so I would advise you to tell him to get here as soon as possible” the nurse says. “Don’t worry. He’ll be here. Just focus on what you are doing ok” he says. “Stop saying ok” I moan. “I’ll try him again” he says taking my phone from my bag. “Please get him here Hugo” I beg. “He’ll be here. He’s not going to miss this. I know my brother. He will do everything in his power to get here Lucy” he says giving my hand a squeeze before stepping out of the room.

I watch him leave and my head falls back against the window. I can’t do this on my own. I have had nine months to get my head around the fact that I was having a baby but I still haven’t got my head around it. I can only remember all my nightmares. “Don’t leave me” I whisper moving my hand to my stomach. “He’s on his way” Hugo beams coming back into the room. “Oh thank God” I say. “See I told you everything will be ok” he smiles.

“Oh shit” I yell as another contraction hits. “It will be over soon” he says grabbing my hand. “Just squeeze my hand through the pain” he says and I do. “Fuck” he says when I let go of his hand. “Why is this happening now?” I ask myself. “I know. Who would have thought a kid of Cris’s would be early. He’s papa is never on time” Hugo jokes.

“That’s not true” I say. “Oh ya it is. We always used to say that he’d be late for his own funeral when we were younger. He’s gotten better since he met you” Hugo says. “He has to be here” I say. “He will” Hugo says. “AHHHH” I yell grabbing Hugo’s hand once more. “I can’t do this” I sob. “Yes you can” he says. “I can’t” I cry. “Hey where’s that strong chick who keyed my car not so many weeks ago. She can do this. She can do anything” Hugo says. “I’m scared” I whisper. “You don’t need to be Lucy. You are going to be a great mother” he says.

“You don’t even know me” I say. “I’ve seen you with Rodrigo. You are going to be great. Cris is so lucky that you put up with him” he jokes and I laugh a little. “He has to put up with me. I’ve done nothing but push him away” I sob. “I know my brother. He loves you. He’s different with you. He’s so lucky. And I’ll admit that I’m even more jealous of him now then I was ever before because something amazing is about to happen. But I couldn’t be more proud that this is happening for him” he says. “It almost didn’t” I say. “I really am sorry Lucy” he says. “I know” I say.

“Ahh” I scream feeling another contraction coming again. “Ok Lucy it’s time to push” Mary the midwife says two hours later. “What?” I ask. “But my brother isn’t here yet” Hugo says in panic. “Well bubba wants to come out now I’m afraid” she says. “No no no. He has to be here. He can’t miss this. Where the hell is he?” I shout grabbing Hugo by the shirt. “He’ll be here” he says. “The baby is coming now Hugo. Where the fuck is he? Where is Dolores? I need her. I need him” I cry as the monitor which are attached to me begin to beep. “Lucy please try and stay calm” Mary says. “I’m about to have a baby. How the hell can I stay calm?” I snap.

“Lucy deep breathes in and out. Come on getting upset isn’t good for the baby” Hugo reminds me. “I want Cris” I cry. “Ok Lucy it’s time to push” Mary says. “No I can’t” I cry. “Hey Lucy. Look at me. Cris will be here. He loves you and the baby. And I know how much he wants to be here. But bubba really wants to meet its mama so you are going to have to listen to the nurse” Hugo says. “Arghhhh” I scream and grab Hugo’s hand. “I’m going to kill your brother for putting me through this” I groan and Hugo smiles. “I’m sure he’d even let you. Now listen to the nurse” he says.

“Wait, wait. I’m here” a voice yells as the door crashes opening. “Lucy” Cris calls out. “Have I missed it?” he asks rushing to my side. “Where the hell have you being?” I yell grabbing him by the shirt. “Just in time. Baby is on it’s way” Mary says. “I’m here Luce. I’m here” he says brushing my hair away from my face. “See I told you he would be here” Hugo smiles at me.

“What the hell are you doing here? Get away from her” Cris yells at his brother. “NO” I snap at Cris. “No fighting. Not now” I say grabbing Cris’s hand. “Ahhhhh” I groan. “Ok Lucy time to push” Mary says. “And that’s my queue to get out of here” Hugo says trying to get my hand out of his. “Man bro you are lucky you aren’t a goalkeeper” he says trying to move his hand. “Lucy I need you to push” Mary says. “Luce push” Cris says. “Cris” I say. “You can do this. Baby wants to see its mama” he smiles before leaning down and placing a kiss on my forehead. He pulls back and I notice his shirt.

“Hugo wait” I call out. “What?” Hugo and Cris says. “Swap shirts with Cris” I say. “Lucy” Cris says. “It’s bad enough that my baby’s father plays for Man United but it is not been brought into this world with you wearing a shirt with its crest on it” I say pushing hard before leaning back onto the bed. “Is she for real?” Hugo asks looking at his brother. “Ya she is. Swap quickly” Cris says rolling his eyes at me. “Don’t roll your eyes at me Ronaldo. It’s your fault I’m like this. You are never coming near me again” I say as Mary encourages me to push once more as the men exchange shirts. “Ok I think one more push” Mary says. “Cris” I say.

“One more push and your baby will be here Lucy. You can do it. I know you can sweetie” he says and I nod. “Are you ready Lucy?” Mary asks. “Yes” I say. I take a deep breath and pushed as hard as I could. “Come on Lucy. You can do it” he says and soon the room was filled with cries. I collapse back into the bed as I hear the baby cry.

“Is it ok? Please tell me it’s ok” I beg. Mary holds the baby up and I can see it crying. “My baby” I whisper in awe. “Oh Luce” Cris says staring down at the baby Mary’s arms. “Cris” I say and he smiles at me. “It’s beautiful. You did it. You did it” he beams at me. “Yes she did. Now I think someone would like to meet her mother” Mary says moving the now wrapped baby onto my chest.

“Her?” Cris asks. “It’s a girl. Congratulations” Mary smiles. “It’s a girl” Cris says as my eyes move to the little girl in my arms. “Hello” I say stroking her little cheek. “She gorgeous” he says and leans down and places a kiss on our new born daughter’s head before lifting his head and looks straight into my eyes.

“You have a daughter” Cris says and I look at his beaming face. Into his beaming eyes. “We have a daughter” I whisper and kiss him on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a girl. Cristiano got there in time. What did you think of Hugo helping Lucy? Where does the arrival of their baby leave Lucy and Cristiano?

Had to but the line about the shirt in lol. LFC all the way