Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 69- She Is Yours After All

Cris’s Pov

"You are going to be late" Lucy says as her hand runs through my hair. "I don't want to go" I say staring at the TV. "Cris" she laughs. "I know. I know" I say lifting my head off her bump. "I still don't have to like that I have to go" I say sitting up beside her on the couch. "It's a preseason match. You'll have fun. Now go before Rio and the rest of the stooges decide to come in here looking for you" she says. "I thought you like the guys?" I ask placing kisses on her bare shoulder. "I do but you know Rio will probably end up calling me a whale and I'll end up killing him. And orange is not my colour" she smiles.

"You look good in everything" I mumble as my lips continue up her neck until I meet the halter neck top around her neck. "Cristiano" I hear Maé roar as she comes into the living room. "There are people waiting for you outside" she says. "He's going now Dolores" Lucy says and I pout at her. "Yes you are" she smiles as my phone rings and there's a car horn sound coming from outside. "Ronaldo will you go before the neighbours phone the police because of that stupid horn" Maé says. "I'll be right out" I say into the phone before quickly disconnecting it.

"Take it easy while I'm away. I mean it Luce" I say to her. "We'll be here Cris. Now hurry on" Maé says. "I'll call you when we get to Scotland" I say. "You'll be back tomorrow night Cris. It's not that long" Lucy says. "You have to get used to leaving Cris. How are you going to go to matches when the baby comes if you can't even leave before it's born" Maé says. "Bring Luce and the baby with me" I grin. "And risk me hurting the players so the best red team would have no competition. Doubt Fergie would like that now" Lucy smirks at me.

"We are the best red team" I say placing a kiss on her lips. "They have the best number 7. That's as much as I'll concede" she laughs. "See what I have to put up with?" I ask looking up at Maé. "You should thank God for bringing Lucy into your life" Maé smiles. "I do" I say to her. "Best decision I ever made was going into that restaurant that day" I smile looking at Lucy. "Cute. Now go" she says kissing my cheek. "Fine" I sigh. "Be good for mama" I say placing a kiss on her bump. "I would walk you to the door but someone told me I should take it easy" Lucy smirks at me stretching out on the couch. "I like this" I smile looking down at her. "Like what?" she asks. "You listening to me for once. I wonder how long it will last" I smile and she hits me with a cushion.

"I'm going. I'm going. Adeus Maé" I say grabbing my case. "She'll be fine Cris" Maé says. "I know. I just..." I pause looking back at the couch. "Can't help worrying about those who you love. I get it son" she smiles. "Bye Maé" I say giving her a hug before heading outside.
We win 2-0 and even though I didn't get a run out, I can't wait for the new season to start. I just have my boots and shorts off when Abby our media officer comes rushing in yelling my name.

"Ah Abs we are kind of changing here" Rio says as the guys cover up. "Have you not looked at your phone?" she asks me. "Me? Why?" I ask searching for my phone. "Jorge has been trying to get through to someone here for ages. I don't know. Something about Lucy" she says. "Lucy" I shout. "Easy Ronnie. I'm sure she's fine" Nani says as I switch my phone on and see a bunch of missed calls from Hugo. And I couple from Jorge. The phone rings in my hand and I see a picture of Lucy on the screen.

"Luce" I say into the phone. "Cris get your backside back to Manchester now" a male voice yells at me. "Hugo" I say in surprise. "Lucy is having the baby. Get back here now" he says. "What? She's having the baby? But she's not due for a week or so" I say as my heart starts to race and my mind goes into over drive about how far away I am from her. "Well someone forgot to tell your kid. Now get back here before you miss it" he says. "Put her on the phone. Put Maé on the phone" I yell. "Just get here as soon as you can" he says. "Hugo" I yell. "She's fine Cris. But she really wants you" he says. "Tell her..tell her. Just make sure she's ok" I stutter. "Just get here in one piece" he says before the call disconnects.

"Ronnie" I hear someone say. "Lucy is having the baby" I say taking a seat. "That's great" Wayne says. "I'm going to be a papa" I say in disbelief that its time. "Cris" Nani says. "Oh God. I need to get back home now" I say standing quickly. "Abby I need to get back home" I say shoving on a pair of jeans. "Ok I'll find a car or something" she says. I dial Jorge's number. "Finally you answer your phone. Hugo phoned" he says. "I know. I need to get back to Lucy now" I say. "There's a helicopter waiting to take you. I just sent Abby information about getting you there. It's going to be fine" he says. "I can't miss it Jorge. I need to be there. Lucy needs me" I say. "Cris relax. You will get there ok. Just get to the helicopter and breathe. You're about to become a papa" he says. "Oh God" I say as his words hit home and he laughs. "Ya now the fun really starts. I'll get to Manchester as soon as I can" he says ending the call.

"Ronaldo" Abby says from the door. "I'm coming" I say rushing to her with just my phone in my hand. "Ronaldo where are you going?" my manger asks as we pass him in the hallway. "Lucy..she's...." I stutter. "Good luck son" he smiles clapping me on my back. "Thanks" I say. "Remember to breathe lad" he smirks at me. I try Maé and my sister as the car takes me to the helicopter but I'm getting no reply. I try Lucy's phone but it's just ringing out.

I open a blank message and begin to type. "I love you xxxx" I write before the car comes to a stop and I rush to the waiting helicopter. "So you need to get to Manchester quickly?" the pilot asks. "My wife is having our baby" I say in a panic. "Don't worry boy. I'll get you there. Can't have the missus annoyed at you" he laughs in his Scottish accent. I stare out of the window as we go up into the sky. I close my eyes and pray that I won't miss my baby being born. I pray that everything will be ok. I look at my watch as my legs bounce.

"Not long now" the pilot says what feels like a life time later. "I just need to be there" I say. "My wife took ages in her labour" the man says. "Well I hope mine does too. Well she's not my wife. I don't even know if I can call her my girlfriend even" I mutter. "Ach I'm sure you'll get her down the aisle" he says. "One day" I smile picturing standing at the top of an aisle with Lucy standing by my side. "We are about to land" he says. "Thank God" I say just wanting to turn my phone on. I need to know what is happening at the hospital. "Careful getting out" the pilot says as he lands. "Thank you so much" I say.

"Might be a Liverpool fan but can't see have a baby not have its father with it when it's born" he says and I laugh. "If it makes you feel better, there's a 99% chance my baby will be a Liverpool fan if its mother gets her way. And she normally does" I smile as the blades outside come to a stop. "Ach marry her quick son" he says. "I might just do that. Thanks again" I say as the doors open and I see Nuno standing outside a waiting car.

"Have you heard anything?" I ask running to the car. "Just that she's having the baby" he says as the car drives of towards the hospital. "I can't get through to Maé" I say. "They probably have their phones off. Lucy is fine Cris" he says. "I need to speak to her" I say. "You will. Dolores said the nurse was happy with how things were going" Nuno says. "And Maé. What did she say about Lucy? Is she ok?" I ask. "Amm" he says. "Nuno tell me. Don't leave me in the dark. This is my baby and the woman I love we are talking about" I yell.

"Dolores hasn't seen her" he says. "What do you mean? Why isn't she with her?" I ask afraid that Lucy is on her own. "Dolores and Elma were out when she went into labour or so I've been told. When they got to the hospital, the nurses would only leave one person in with her so they are just waiting" he says. "Ok, so that means Luce isn't on her own. Ok that's ok" I say relaxing a little. "Jack better not kill me for putting Elena off having kids now she's seen Lucy in the middle of labour. "Oh there's no fear of that" Nuno says looking out the window. "Nuno" I say.

"Hugo is with her" he whispers. "Hugo. As in my brother" I yell. "I don't know how either. But he's with her so at least she's not on her own Cris" he says. "But him. What the hell is doing near Lucy?" I ask. "I had a bunch of messages from him telling me to get you to the hospital. I don't know why he is there but he is and you are going to be there soon" he says. "I can't miss it. This is our baby" I say. "Then you better get running so" he says as the car comes to a stop. I move to open the door but breeze. "Cris" he says when I don't move.

"What if I can't do this? What if I'm a shit father?" I ask. "Now isn't the time for having a freak out Cris" he says. "But what if I'm crap? What if the baby hates me?" I ask. "Of course it will hate you. All kids hate their parents at some point in their lives or well say they do. But deal with that when the time comes. Now go find Lucy" he yells. "Amm ya ok" I say pushing open the door. "Cris" he says and I turn to face him. "You'll be a great father. If you love your kid as much as you love Lucy then you can't not be" he says. "Thanks Nuno" I say. "Now go see your kid" he says and I run off in search of Lucy.

"Cris" I hear Maé call out as I rush down the hall where a nurse told me to go. "Have I missed it?" I ask afraid of the answer. "We don't know. Hurry" she says. "My wife" I say rushing up to a nearby nurse. "She's having a baby" I say. "What's her name?" he asks. "Lucy. Lucy Smith. Please I need to be there" I say. He looks at the sheet in his hand. "Go straight and take the first left. She's in the first door on your right" he says. "Thanks" I say running down the hall.

“Wait, wait. I’m here” I shout as I push the door open. “Have I missed it?” I ask rushing to her side. “Where the hell have you being?” she yells grabbing my shirt. “Just in time. Baby is on it’s way” the nurse says. I look at Lucy and I’m so thankful that I’m here. “I’m here Luce. I’m here” I say. “See I told you he would be here” Hugo says and I remember that he’s in the room.

“What the hell are you doing here? Get away from her” U yell after everything he has done. “NO” Lucy yells at me. “No fighting. Not now” she says grabbing my hand.
The next few moments move quickly as I watch Lucy. And then I hear it. I hear the most beautiful sound that I’ve ever heard. The little cry of a baby. My baby. The nurse holds the baby up and I swear my heart skips a beat.

“Oh Luce” I say my eyes fixed on the little baby. “It’s beautiful. You did it. You did it” I smile at her. “Yes she did. Now I think someone would like to meet her mother” the nurse says moving the now wrapped baby onto Lucy’s chest.

“Her?” I ask. Wow. “It’s a girl. Congratulations” she smiles. “It’s a girl” I say. Wow. It’s a girl. I have a baby girl. “She gorgeous” I say leaning to place a kiss on our new born daughter’s head. I look into Lucy eyes. “You have a daughter” I say. “We have a daughter” she says and then kisses my lips.

"She's gorgeous" I say staring down at my daughter. At my daughter I think still not sure how all of this happened. "You want to hold her?" Lucy asks and I nod. I carefully take her into my arms. "Hello little one. I'm your papa" I say and look back at Lucy who is crying. "Hey hey" I say taking a seat at the side of the bed.

"Why are you crying?" I ask. "These are happy tears" she smiles. "Thank you" I say placing a kiss on her cheek. "What are you thanking me for?" she smiles stroking our daughter's cheek. "For everything. For her" I say. "I can't believe she's here" Lucy says. "Well we know she already takes after you. She's gorgeous and likes to be early" I smile. "Oh I was so scared Cris" Lucy says. "I'm sorry I wasn't with you. I never should have gone to the stupid match" I say trying not think that I could have missed this. "We weren't to know Cris" she says. "But I could have missed it" I say. "But you didn't. Hugo was right. You would get here no matter what" she says as the baby in my arms begins to cry.

"Sssh ssh little one" I say gently rocking her. "Let's get her weighed while mama has a little rest" the nurse says. "No. I want her to stay" Lucy says in a panic. "She'll be just over there" the nurse points to the corner of the room. "Can we wait a bit longer please?" I ask knowing Lucy was scared her nightmares would come through. "Sure. You three enjoy some time together" the nurses smiles. "Would you mind taking a picture please?" I ask. "Of course" she smiles. I gentle place the baby into Lucy's arms and hand the nurse my phone. "See cheese" she says pointing the camera. "Cheese" Lucy and I say smiling. "What a beautiful little family" the nurse says handing the phone back to me. "I'll be back in a little while. You might like to inform those waiting outside about the new arrival" she smiles leaving Lucy and I alone sitting on the bed with our daughter.

"I should go tell Maé and the others" I say. "They've waited this long. A bit longer won't do any harm" Lucy says smiling down at our baby. "I can't believe she is ours" I grin. "I've never been so happy to see when you came rushing through those doors" Lucy says. "I told you everything would be ok" I say. "And for once I'm glad you were right" she laughs. "I still can't believe you were on your own when your waters broke" I say cursing myself for having left her when she was so close to giving birth. "I wasn't really. Hugo hadn't left yet" she says. "What was he doing there in the first place?" I ask. "Does it matter?" she asks cooing over our baby. "After what he did. I want nothing to do with him" I say.

"Cris" she says and I look at her. "He was brilliant today. I couldn't have done it without him. He kept me calm. Well he annoyed me but kept my mind off well everything that could have gone wrong" she says. "He still" I pause. "I know it doesn't make up for what he did and it never will but" she says looking down at our daughter. "Family is still family" she says smiling at the baby. I could remind her about her mother and how it would be a total different conversation if we were talking about her but I know it's not the same. Hugo was a jealous selfish idiot. Her mother was pure rotten.

"I should go tell them. I won't be long" I say hopping of the bed. "We'll be right here. Won't we little one" Lucy smiles readjusting the baby in her arms. I walk towards the door and stop. "Is it silly that I really don't want to leave?" I ask. "Is is it silly that I don't want you to?" she smiles. "I'll be right back" I smile pushing the door open. I walk back down the hallway and find my Maé, Elma and Nuno sitting at one side of the room with Hugo on the other. "It's a girl" I grin and Maé and Elma squeal in delight. "Oh my baby has a baby" Maé starts to cry as she hugs me. "Congrats Cris" Elma says. "Can we see her?" Nuno asks. "Just for a little bit. Lucy needs her rest" I say. "Oh I can't believe I have a granddaughter. Oh Katia can't wait to come" Maé says. "Elena and Josh will be here later" Nuno says. "I should text them and let them know the baby is here" I say. "First show me to my grandchild" Maé says and I laugh. "Right this way" I say as they begin to follow me.

I notice Hugo still in his chair. "First left then first door on your right" I tell Elma and nod back to Hugo. "We'll see you there" she smiles and heads off to see Lucy. "You're still here" I say to Hugo. "I just wanted to make sure they were both alright before I left. Congrats papa" he says standing. "I didn't think I'd get here in time" I say. "I knew you would. I told Lucy you would. And even if you didn't. The birth is the easy part. It's the rest of your life that's the real important part" he says. "Don't let Luce hear you say the birth is easy" I say. "I won't. Man that girl is strong. My fingers are still sore" he says. "I know. She has a good right hook too" I say. "I know" he says sheepishly.

"Why were you there?" I ask. "I came to apologize to her" he says. "She doesn't want to hear your apologies. Neither do I" I snap. "I know. I know what I did was unforgivable. I just thought she deserved ab apology. I am sorry Cris. Anyway I should go" he says. "You not coming to see your niece?" I ask and he looks at me in surprise. I'm surprised I even asked him.

"I can see her?" he asks. "You did nearly break your fingers because of her" I joke. "I didn't think I'd see her" he says. "What you did today doesn't make up for what you did Hugo" I say. "I know. I wasn't trying to make up for it. She was scared. I couldn't leave her on her own" he says. "Thank you for been there for Lucy" I say holding my hand out. "Congrats on your baby girl" he says shaking my hand. "Come one Maé will have her smothered in kisses if we don't get back in there" I say. We walk silently to Lucy's room and I open the door to laughter.

"What's so funny?" I ask walking to the Lucy's bedside. "Nuno was just saying how screwed you are now" Elma laughs. "Sorry?" I ask confused. "Lucy already has you wrapped around her little finger. Now you've gone a daughter also. You'll never win again" Hugo says. "He never wins now anyway. Hi Hugo" Lucy smiles. "Told you he would get here" Hugo says. "Ya ya no one likes a no it all Hugo. Now are you going to come closer to see your niece?" she asks. "She's beautiful Lucy. Congrats" he says.

"She's such a bonita. Bela. Oh she's gorgeous" Maé starts to cry. "Maé" I say. "I can't help it" she says. "Have you thought of a name yet?" Nuno asks. "We haven't yet. We haven't really ever spoken about a name" I say looking at Lucy. "There's plenty of time to name this beautiful little girl" Elma smiles.

"What about Bella?" Lucy asks. "Bella" I say. "Ya Bella Maria" she smiles at me as she places her into my arms. "Oh Luce" Maé says. I look at the sleeping baby in my arms. "Bella Maria" I smile. "Ya I like it" I say. "Well I think that was the easiest thing to happen today" Hugo jokes. "Bella Maria is perfect" Elma says. "Little Bella" Nuno says.

"Little Bella Maria Dos Santos Averio" Lucy says stroking the baby's cheek. I look at Lucy as her words hit my brain. "Averio?" I ask. "She is yours after all" Lucy smiles. I look back at the sleeping baby.

Bella Averio.

My daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little insight to Cristiano during the birth. What did you think of what he went through? And his and Lucy's interaction afterwards? And their daughter has a name.

Two chapters in one week and this is a big one so let me know what you think. Plenty to discuss.

Thanks to ak9_sh , monix97 and Jayme112234 for their comments.