Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 71- I Didn't Know What Love Was Until I Met You

Cristiano’s Pov

“I don’t want to leave” I moan from our bed two weeks after we brought Bella home from the hospital. “I know that you don’t but you have to. You have a game to play for Portugal” Lucy says from the bathroom door. “So” I pout and she laughs. “We have this discussion when you left to play a club game. You have to do your job Cris, even if you hate leaving Bella” Lucy says coming towards the bed. “It’s not just Bella. I hate leaving both of you” I say as she kneels beside me.

“But you’ll be back soon. We are fine. I’ve got your mother here. And Dad and Lisa” she says. “Your Dad is really happy” I say. “He’s in love with his granddaughter” she says smiling down at a sleeping Bella in my arms. “Well who wouldn’t be” I smile. “We would go with you Cris but I don’t feel that it’s right to take her on a plane when she’s this small. Even a private plane” Lucy says. “I know. It’s ok. I understand. I’m just going to miss you both that’s all” I say. “I love you” she says. “I love you two. Now go take your bath” I say. “Ok” she smiles getting off the bed.

“It’s being a mad two weeks” I say. “Who knew we were so popular. All the gifts and visitors these past few weeks” Lucy says. “Everyone wants to see Bella” I say. “Everyone loved the picture you released” she says and I smile remembering the picture of a sleeping Bella resting on my naked chest with Lucy beside me.

"Well who wouldn't love seen this beauty" I smirk as Lucy gets off the bed. "I really do hope that you are talking about our daughter or do I need to remind you about having a big head again?" Lucy laughs as she walks to the dresser. "Well you know exactly how big I am" I wiggle my nose and she gasps. "Cris" she says. "What?" I ask.

"No rude innuendos in front of your daughter. Jezz" she says shaking her head. "Sorry" I say and sigh. "Do you know how much I want to rip that dressing gown of you right now?" I groan as she bends down to the floor. "Hey this no sex thing isn't easy for me either. Do you know how hot you look with a baby in your arms? But we have to wait a while longer I'm afraid" she says. "I don't care as long as you're sleeping next to me" I smile. "Ever the charmer" she says walking into the bathroom. "At least I know the wait will be worth while. I spent weeks laying next to you dying to touch and couldn't. We haven't even made up all the time we lost" I mutter stroking Bella's cheek.

"Oh I intend to" I hear Lucy say and I look up to find her leaning against the bathroom door. "Oh do you know?" I smirk. "Oh ya. Now I have no bump imagine all the things we could do" she smirks and I groan. "Luce seriously" I groan trying not to imagine. "Sorry. You're just easy to tease" she laughs moving back to the dresser. "What are you looking for?" I ask. "My hairbrush" she replies. "Bottom drawer" I say. "What the hell is it doing in that one? I never put it in there" she says and I watch her hand freeze when she opens the drawer.

"Cris" she says. "Ya" I say waiting for her to look at me. "Why do you like hiding surprises in here?" she asks as she holds her hand out to show me the small square box in her hand. "Cris" she says. "It's not what you're thinking. Just open it" I say. "What do you think that I was thinking?" she asks and I raise an eyebrow at her. "Open it" I say. "You're papa has gotten very bossy all of a sudden Bella" Lucy says as I watch her open the box. "Oh Cris" she smiles. "I thought the B charm would be a nice addition to the bracelet" I say. "I love it. Thank you" she says walking towards the bed.

"You're welcome" I say before she kisses me. She reaches her hand out to the bedside table and picks up the bracelet and I watch her add it to the other charms. "Now I have her wherever I go" she says. "And me" I say as my fingers find the number 7 around her neck. "Wow wasn't I lucky I didn't throw it out" she says. "I'm glad you didn't" I say sadly as I can't help but remember everything we went through at the start of the year. "I could never find it in my heart to" she says. "You have no idea how happy that makes me to hear you say that" I say.

"Now since you are gifting me something, I guess I should give you your surprise" she says hopping off the bed. "You got me something?" I ask. "Yes. Well I had Zé pick it up for me. Which he was more than willing to by the way. Who would have thought he would be my best buddy?" she says as reaches her hand behind the dresser and pulls out a box. "What's this?" I ask. "Open it and find out" she smiles taking a seat beside me once more. I carefully use my one free hand to pull open the box and I can't help but grin up at Lucy when I see what is inside.

"Well since her mama has one" Lucy shrugs. "And looks hot in" I smile. "Obviously" she laughs. "But seriously I thought Bella should have one too. Now this way you know we are at home supporting you" she says. "It looks so small" I say taking the baby jersey in my hand. "She'll grow out of it before we know it" Luce says. "Thank you" I say. "Your welcome. Just don't expect her to ever wear a United one. I refuse to even have that discussion" she says and I laugh.

"I wouldn't dream of bringing it up. Especially after you made me swap shirts with Hugo during the birth" I say. "I was in labour. I was aloud to act a little odd" she says. "What's your excuse the rest of the time?" I smirk. "Be thankful you have a baby in your arms Averio" she says placing a kiss on my forehead. "I guess I should go for my bath now" she says giving Bella a kiss before hopping off the bed.

"Luce" I call out. "Yup" she says stopping at the bathroom door. "Just out of curiosity" I say. "Go on" she says. "If it had been what you were thinking...you know in the box" I say. "But it wasn't. And I never said I was thinking what you think I was thinking" she says. "You totally were" I say and she rolls her eyes. "But if it had been.....would it have being something you would have wanted?" I ask. "Would it have being something you would wanted me to want?" she asks.

"If it had being what you had thought it was in the box instead of the charm then surely that would say it was something that I wanted not to mind something I wanted you to want" I say. "I'm confused" she says and I laugh. "Ok let me rephrase. If it had being something shiny and small that is worn on a certain finger, what would your answer have being?" I ask. "But it wasn't something for a certain finger" she says biting her lip. "Bloody hell you really don't like making things easy for me" I sigh. "I'm just saying that it wasn't" she says.

"So if got down on one knee right here and know and asked you to marry me, would you say no?" I ask and her eyes go wide. "I'm not going to. Relax. I guess your reaction is my answer then" I say. At least I know where I stand. Even though she had given me hope at the hospital. "I was reacting to your bluntness Cris" she says. "And?" I ask. "Surely my answer would be better coming after the question is asked then spoiling it now" she smiles. "So that's not a no then?" I ask. "You will just have to ask me to find out" she says moving to head into the bathroom.

"Luce" I call out and she pops her head back out. "Just so you know. I'm not planning on asking any questions in the immediate future. Well like as in tonight. But the question will leave my lips at some point just so you know. I'm all in Luce" I say. "Well just so you know, if said question ever left your lips, then you might not be disappointed with the answer that leaves mine" she smiles and I can't help but grin. "But as the saying goes Mr.Averio. It's a women prerogative to change her mind" she winks before stepping into the bathroom.

"If you end up annoying me like your mama, then papa is going to be in very big trouble" I mumble looking down at Bella who stirs a little in my arms. "But I'd be such a proud papa if you did end up exactly like your mama. She's perfect just like you. I'm so lucky to have her" I say stroking Bella's cheek. "I can't believe that I'm sitting here with you in my arms. Especially after everything" I sigh.

"I never thought this would happen. I always hoped but I couldn't never be certain. I'm so glad you came when you did. You helped your papa more than you know. You gave me a reason to be around your mama when she wanted nothing to do with me" I say gazing down at the tiny baby in my arms. "I promise you Bella that I will never give up on your mama. I won't give up fighting for her and you. I love you both so much. No matter what happens in the future I promise to never give up" I say to Bella.

"We'll always be a family" I hear a voice say and I jump slightly and look up to find Lucy standing in the doorway. "I thought you were going for a bath" I say. "I decided the best place to relax is with you and Bella" she smiles. "Luce" I say. "We'll always be a family Cristiano. No matter what happens. And I'm not even saying anything will but if it did, then we will always be a family. This little girl will always tie us together" she says crawling onto the bed.

"I never want to lose you" I say looking at her. "I'm the mother of your child. Trust me you're stuck with me now whether you like it or not" she jokes. "I like it. I love it a lot" I say. "Well then stop worrying about something that might never happen" she says resting her head on my shoulder. "It's weird" I say. "What is?" she asks. "You telling me not to worry about something. That's my job" I say. "I tend not to worry when I have you around" Lucy says. "Well just as well then that I plan to be around all the time then" I say leaning my head on top of hers. "I finally get what they all mean" I say. "What who mean?" Luce asks. "When people talk about true love. This is true love. You, me and Bella" I whisper and I hear a sniffle.

"Are you crying?" I ask as she lifts her head from my shoulder. "You can't say sweet stuff like that so soon after I just had a baby. Jezz are you trying to make me cry" she says. "I never want to make you cry. I only ever want to make you smile. When you smile, I smile" I say. "Well you make me smile so I guess we are just a pair of smilers than" she grins. "Is that even a word?" I ask. "Who cares" she shrugs.

"I never knew what true love was until I met you Lucy" I say staring into her eyes. "I swear you are trying to store up brownie points for when you piss me off in the future" she jokes. "It's the truth. But I'll take having some brownie points stored in the bank" I smile. "I'm getting hungry with all this brownie talk" she mumbles snuggling up to me once more.

"Can you believe we made her? We are responsible for this gorgeous little girl" Lucy says. "She's your daughter of course she is gorgeous" I say. "Cris" she says. "What? It's the truth. But really who would have thought this is where we would have ended up?" I ask not being able to picture a moment when I hadn't seen this sort of life with Lucy. "A lot has changed since the first time I was in this room" she says.

"You think we would be like this if I had asked you out?" I ask. "If you had grown a pair instead of stalking me you mean?" she smirks. "I did not stalk you" I pout and she laughs. "I really don't know. I'd like to think that we would be sitting here like this if you had asked me out and none of the terrible stuff that happened this year had happened but I don't know. Maybe we wouldn't be who we are now without all of that happening" she says.

"I know losing Tina was horrible for you. If I could change anything about this past year then it would be you losing her. I would go through all the torture of you hating me and not wanting to speak to me if it meant she was still here" I say. "Thanks" she says. "I mean it. I would" I say. "I know. And I know how much our break up was on you so hearing you say that means a lot" she says and I wrap my arm around her shoulder. "It's amazing how a simple bit of pretending lead to all of this" I say.

"Simple? What part of us pretending to me a couple after Nuno suggested was simple?" she asks. "Hey you've got to admit it was easy to pretend back then. I guess for me it was anyway since it was real for me" I say. "It could have being harder I guess. You family were easy to be around. Although it did make it harder for me to lie to them" she says. "But being around me totally made up for it" I joke. "You eventually grew on me I suppose" she says. "Grew on you! It took you weeks to even kiss me without any of my family around. And I don't know how I survived sleeping in the same bed as you all that time without trying anything. Do you know how many cold showers I had to take back then?" I ask and she laughs.

"It's not funny. I had you all cute and snuggled up to me during the night and it felt right. But then something would happen that would make me remember that it wasn't going to last" I sigh. "Well it did. It turned into something pretty darned real" she says.

"Can I make a confession?" I ask. "Is this going to be something which I'm not going to like?" she asks. "Maybe. Sort of. I hope not if you let me finish" I say. "Ok confess away" she says. "Do you remember that time you went to London to visit Tina? You came back early. I had been out with the lads" I say. "Ya I remember" she says nervously. "And do you remember Rio bringing up that girl in the club?" I ask. "Cris we are having a nice moment please don't ruin it" she says moving to sit up.

"I'm not. I told you the truth that night. Nothing happened with that girl" I say. "But?" she asks. "I was jealous of Josh. I thought he was taking you to bed from your messages. It was stupid" I say. "Josh is gay" she says. "I know that now. I didn't back then. And I had Jorge in my ear telling me to be discrete about hooking up with girls at the club. And I thought I wasn't even thinking about it" I say. "Cris" she says. "I was going to go home with her ok but I didn't" I say. "We weren't together then" she says.

"I was annoyed that I wasn't with you. I was being an idiot. I had this not as gorgeous as you are girl wanting me and it wasn't right. I got a text from you saying that you might have being missing me more than my bed and I couldn't leave with her. Reading that message, I guess the thought that you were some what thinking about me felt better than anything that could have happened with that girl" I say.

"I was glad I came back here that night. I needed you more than I realized I guess. Now can you please stop talking about other women?" she asks snuggling up to me again. "I was just trying to say that I count our pretend part of being together as us being together" I say. "I know ok. I know the line between real and pretend got blended during that time. For both of us. But I'd like to concentrate on the future not the past" she says. "That I can do" I smile. "You're just happy you when the who was in love with whom first bragging right" she mumbles and I laugh.

"I'm happy because I'm here with you and Bella. But I guess knowing that I can remind you that I knew we were meant to be together first is sort of nice" I smirk. "You are very lucky that I love you" she says. "The luckiest man in the world" I say. "And the cheesiest" she jokes. I sigh in content as we lay in the bed together. I stroke her hair with my fingers as she gazes down at Bella in my arms.

"Who knew this is where our pretending would have ended?" I mumble as I hold the two most important people in my life close to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think of papa Cristiano, of his and Lucy's engagement chatter, discussing the past and his speech to Bella?

So two years ago I posted my first chapter of my first ever fan fiction story. I never thought I would even write a sequel not to mind a completely other different story also. Thank you everyone who read, commented and recommended this story. I hope you have enjoyed Cristiano and Lucy's long journey to happiness and love.

I'm sorry for the infrequent updates at times. I got really busy with work and my other story but thank you for sticking with these two and me. I hope you enjoyed this last chapter. Maybe some time in the future I may revisit Cristiano and Lucy's life. So keep a look out.

Until then remember love, laughter and happily ever after.

Thanks to monix97, ak9_sh and realmadrid0bsessed for their comments on the last chapter.

Thanks again for all your support