Status: Active

50 Degrees of Hotness

Bartender

Erica sat at the bar lost in her thoughts and occasionally taking a sip of her drink. She winced slightly at the sharp taste of alcohol she usually didn't drink strong alcohol or liquor that burn your throat but tonight she was making an exception. She needed something to dull and numb her emotions/feelings unfortunately the vodka she was drinking wasn't doing the trick.

She thought about ordering stronger alcohol for the pain but she was down to her last twenty plus she was alone. She didn't want to get so smashed she couldn't take care of herself and get herself home.

"Never thought I find myself drowning my sorrows in alcohol." Erica thought bitterly.

She was brought out her thoughts by a loud whooping noise she looked over her shoulder at the pool table. The cause of the commotion was a group of rough looking men who had just finished drinking pitchers of beer and were now breaking the glass and laughing at their buddies who were unfortunate enough to either slip or get glass stuck in their ass.

"Drunk bastards." Erica murmured.

It was bad enough to get drunk to the point you lost your coherent thinking and started vomiting your guts out but to break shit and start destroying the bar? Erica didn't care how drunk you were it didn't give you license to destroy and break another person's property.

She felt bad for the employees who had to stay to clean up these assholes mess.

"Hey deucebags!" Erica yelled getting their attention. "Why don't you keep it down and stop breaking shit." "I'm sure the bar's employees don't want to stay later then they have to, to clean up your mess and have to replace the destroyed property you assholes broke."

One of the man let out a laugh. "Oh you upset cause we're breaking shit sweetheart?" "It makes you mad and you want us to stop?"

"Yes." Erica said with a pissed expression.

The man laughed again. "That's cute so what if we don't stop, what are you gonna do about it?"

Erica's lip twitched into a half smirk she downed down the rest of her drink and walked over to the pool table.

Some would call her crazy, brave, stupid or possibly all three to challenge a guy who weighed a good 230 pounds mainly made of muscle. Erica was petite weighed somewhere between 130-140 pounds she was skinny but she had muscles. Pale skin that contrasted with her black hair with dark blue highlights and emerald green eyes. Tonight she was wearing a black tank top with black miniskirt that rested halfway above her knees and combat boots.

Erica knew it was dumb to go up against someone that could hurt or possible kill her but she couldn't stand disrespectful people and their bullshit.

She now stood in front of the guy who challenged her. She came up to his chest she looked up into his dark eyes a smirk gracing his lips. Erica could smell the alcohol on his breath it made her want to puke.

"Give me your best shot." He said.

Erica raised an eyebrow and looked him over up and down before smiling and turned around and started to walk away.

The guy started laughing but his laughter was cut off as Erica's hand hit him in the throat causing him to cough and gag. She then kicked him in the groin before delivering a kick to his face causing him to fall back hitting his head on the edge of the pool table.

His friends stood there speechless and in shock. Erica smirked and walked over standing over him. She leaned down and whispered

"One rule about fighting tough guy never underestimate your opponent."

She gave him a final kick and started to walk away before she was grabbed by her wrist and turned around.

"Bitch you don't kick my ass and get away with it." He said.

Erica smirked at his bloody face. "What's wrong tough guy your pride and dignity squashed cause you were beaten by a woman?"

His face got madder and he raised his hand before he could strike her he stumbled and fell to the floor due to a punch in the face.

"Asshole didn't your mother ever tell you, you don't strike a woman?" A new voice said.

Erica looked up from rubbing her wrist to see the bartender during the commotion he had came over. He looked at the drunk groaning on the floor before turning his attention to her.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I guess." Erica said.

He nodded then turned to the group at the pool table who had been silent during the whole ordeal.

"Now unless the rest of you want your asses handed to you too I suggest you take your friend and go home." He said. "And if I catch breaking my shit again it'll be your asses."

The men nodded before walking quickly three of them gathered up the drunk off the floor and left.

"You alright?" The bartender asked her again.

"Peachy." Erica said.

"You know that was a pretty brave thing you did but was also pretty stupid." Bartender said. "You could've gotten seriously hurt or killed."

"And?" Erica asked with a raised eyebrow. "So what if I could've gotten killed and I didn't ask you for your help with that guy."

"Sorry if I don't like seeing guys drunk or not about to hit a woman." Bartender said with slight annoyance at her attitude. "Most people would be thankful that somebody helped them in that kind of situation."

"I didn't want help I could've handled it by myself so excuse me if I'm not singing you high praises." Erica said with a sarcastic edge.

"What's your problem?" Bartender asked.

"I don't have a problem what the hells your problem?" She asked as she walked back to the bar and sat at her stool.

He walked behind the bar and stood against the counter looking at her. "The hell are you looking at?" She asked with a glare.

"You do have a problem otherwise you wouldn't be here drinking and picking fights with men twice your size." He said calmly.

Erica snorted. "You think you know me or something?" She asked.

"I know you're upset enough to come and get wasted and apparently you currently have no regard for your life." He said. "That guy could've had a knife or something."

Erica narrowed her eyes what was this guys game? Why was he so concerned about her and her well being? Hell he had just met her.

"What do you want?" She finally asked.

"Just want to talk." He said.

"If I want to talk I'll go to a therapist." She said with a snort.

"Then let me be your therapist." He said.

Erica raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "Why do you want to help?" She asked with genuine curiosity.

"Cause I've been where you are and whatever it is isn't worth getting drunk or hurt over." He said sincerely.

Erica studied him some more trying to find any ulterior motives but couldn't find any.

"Okay." She said.

"Great what's your name?" He asked now standing in front of her."

"Erica Summers." She said. "Yours?"

"Garrett." He said. "Garret Hendlund."
___________________________________________________
As Erica poured her heart out over what was bothering her she found herself feeling like a weight was gone. Garrett never interrupting her he just sat there listening occasionally nodding or refilling their glasses.

"And so that's why I'm here getting drunk and picking fights." She said taking a sip of her drink and wanting for his response.

"All cause your boyfriend cheated on you with your best friend." He said stoically.

"Ex best friend." She corrected him. "She apparently wasn't a best friend if she would sleep with my boyfriend." "How could she do that to me?"

"She obviously didn't care or value your friendship if she would do that." Garrett said. "Same goes for your boyfriend."

Erica laughed bitterly." Doesn't make it hurt any less especially when you give somebody all of yourself and they pay you back by doing this."

She looked down filling her eyes burn and tried to hold them back but they came forward anyway.

"You okay?" Garrett asked. "If you have to cry do sometimes we all need a good cry to let it out."

"It's just...she sniffled. "When you give someone everything and they betray you like this you wonder if it's something you do or didn't do." "Even though it's not you're fault you feel like it is and you also wonder if there's something wrong with you." "Is there something wrong with me?"

"No." He answered. "Well you're kinda standoffish and pick fights with guys who are built like Mr. T."

Erica laughed at that Garrett joined her she couldn't remember the last time she laughed. Garrett was not only a good listener but he was funny the fact that he was easy around the eyes was a bonus. After he finished laughing he came back with the serious face which Erica found adorable.

"It's not your fault he cheated on you." He said. "He apparently didn't love, care and he didn't respect or appreciate you to do that to you." "It's his loss Erica you're beautiful, smart, and a hell of woman from what I've seen tonight." "You're also strong going through this cause there are some you would do worse then get drunk."

He then placed his hand over hers Erica glanced down at his hand then back at him. She looked back at their hands with a small smile.

"You think I'm beautiful?" She whispered.

Garrett blushed slightly realizing what he said but there was no denying the woman in front of him.

"I do very much." He whispered making her look up into his blue eyes.

She could lost into those sky blues before either realized it they started leaning in when...

A loud shrilly noise started making them both jump. "Damn alarm it's closing time." He said.

"It is?" Erica asked finding herself sad at this.

He nodded getting up. "Yeah better clean this place or it'll be my ass."

"I'll help." Erica said doing it more to extend her time with Garrett.

"You don't have to." He said.

"You can't do it by yourself besides its not like I have anything to do later on." Erica said getting up. "Unless you're tired of me being around."

Garrett smiled. "I would never tire of having you around."
___________________________________________________
A few minutes later after wiping down the bar, cleaning up the glasses, and turning the stools on the tables they were done.

"Well that's it." Garrett said putting the last stool on the table.

Erica nodded. "Garrett?"

He turned looking at her. "Yes?"

"Thank you for tonight." She said knowing that's not what she wanted to say or do.

"You're welcome." He said slightly disappointed. "You ever need to talk again you can find me here."

"Will do." Erica said kicking herself in her head.

She was so preoccupied that she bumped into the pool table spilling the contents of her purse. Cursing she started to pick up the contents Garrett came over to help her.

"It's okay I got it." She said.

"I don't mind." He said helping her.

She reached for the last item which Garrett picked up she took it then looked up meeting his eyes. They slowly stood up their eyes still locked to each other's. Erica stood against the pool table Garrett moved forward placing his hands on the table.

She could feel the heat radiating from his body her eyes drifted from his eyes to his lips. He did the same then slowly he leaned in brushing his lips against her testing the waters.

Erica met his eyes once more before pressing her lips against his. Their lips melted together as they kissed Erica brought her hands to his hair dropping her purse on the floor not caring about the spilled contents.

Garrett wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her closer to him. He nudged at her lips with his tongue she gladly invited him in. His hands slowly went down her back to her ass she moaned in his mouth as he gently squeezed. He picked her up sitting her on the pool table.

Their kisses grew more heated, passionate, and vigorous his lips moved from her lips to her neck. Erica lifted her head giving him more access.

She had never felt or wanted anybody more then she wanted him at that moment. She started pulling at his shirt he lifted his arms letting her take it off. Erica ran her hands over his lean but slightly muscular body.

She lifted her arms as he took her tank off then kissed her. Her hands went for his belt unbuckling his pants while his hands removed her panties. Her hand gripped him causing him to groan burying his face into her neck kidding him.

Erica began to move her hand up and down him increasing her pressure and tightening her hand just as he came he stopped her.

"It'll be over if you keep doing that." He said hoarsely. "Are you on the pill?"

Erica nodded as she unclipped her bra throwing it off. Garrett pulled her to the edge of the table positioning himself. He looked at her for permission she nodded.

Both gasped and moaned as he entered her slowly filling up her core. They both stilled enjoying the feeling of their bodies intertwined together.

Breathing heavily Garrett fully filled her Erica wrapped her arms around his neck as he began to move. Erica moaned as he thrusted into her. His hand palmed one of her breasts before bringing the tip to his mouth.

Erica closed her eyes in pleasure leaning back till she was lying on the pool table. Garrett glanced up from her breasts before she brough his lips to hers. He found her hands raising them above her head and intertwining them before he moved.

His hands separated moving to her legs as he increased his pace Erica closed her eyes in pleasure as he brought her closer to the edge. Her eyes popped open as he began to run her clit she bit her lip before crying out in orgasmic bliss. Garrett grunted as he emptied inside her.

Panting and breathing heavily he slowly removed himself from her core she whimpered at the loss of contact. He rested his head on her heaving chest. They said nothing their minds reeling at what just happened.

Garrett finally met her eyes giving her a tired smile. "That was amazing."

She nodded in agreement. "It was you know I don't usually do this." "Come to a bar to drink and end up sleeping with the bartender."

"I don't usually sleep with the customers either." He said. "Guess this is a first for both of us."

"I guess." She said with a laugh he joined her before sobering up.

"Erica I don't want you to just be a one night stand." He said. "I meant what I said all that was coming from the heart I wasn't just saying that just to be saying it."

"I believe you." She said kissing him. "I just got out of a relationship it's early to be getting into another."

His face fell she lifted his face up. "But I'm willing to give you and us a shot."

"You serious?" He asked.

She smirked. "I'm not bullshitting you."

Garrett chuckled before they kiss Erica smiled into their kiss thinking of how the night lead up to this. All cause she came to a bar picked a fight and was helped in more ways than one

By the bartender.