Always

What happened last night?

Samantha woke up the next morning to the sound of a piano. She rolled over and tried to go back asleep. It wouldn't come. She opened her eyes.
"Ugh. Who is making that racket?" Samantha said. She rolled over and stared at her ceiling. Her eyes went wide when she realized Johnny was missing. She got out of bed, well more like fell out of bed. She stood up and pulled on her sweatshirt. Walking into the main room. Sitting at the piano in slacks and a white tank top was Johnny. He was smoking and playing. He had his eyes closed and a small smile on his face. Samantha leaned against the frame of the door and listened. She soon recognized the song and smiled. It was the song she had asked Tim if her and Johnny could add to the movie. Tim had agreed after he heard the two sing it.
"Everyday I have died waiting for you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years I'll love you for a thousand more." Samantha sang. Johnny jumped and the stand fell back. "Shit! Sorry! I'm so sorry! Johnny are you ok?"
"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I didn't know you were there." Johnny said, sitting up. Samantha sighed and shook her head.
"It's my fault. I should have said something. Are you sure you're ok?" Samantha said.
"I'm sure. Uhm I was wondering if you could tell me what exactly happened last night." Samantha's eyes went wide.
"Nothing bad happened. Well not in that way anyway. I can promise you that. Uhm Amber cheated and you cried most of the night. I just took care of you. I swear. You fell asleep and well look around. You can see what I did." She gestured around the room. There weren't any more Rory pictures. They were all replaced with pictures of Johnny, Sweeney Todd, and Julie Andrews. "Plus, Tim stopped by. Amber is off the movie and so is Arthur. He got it. Amber told him what happened. She requested to leave. I'm sorry Johnny. If you need anything, let me know. I can help you. Well I can try at least." Samantha rambled. "I know I won't be able to help a lot but......"
"Shut up." Johnny said with a smile. Samantha stopped and winced.
"I've done it again. Sorry." She said. She hung her head. Johnny lifted it with his index finger. He was smiling. "What? What did I do?"
"Nothing love. Absolutely nothing. Well, helping me. But that's just a small feat for you I imagine." Johnny said. Samantha smiled and shook her head.
"You, Mr. Depp, have got to work on your skills." Johnny 's face fell causing Samantha to giggle. She put her hands on either side of his face and moved it back and forth. "Joking. Lighten up a bit Johnny boy." She smirked when Johnny smiled again.
"I don't know how you do it, but you seem to be the only one who can make me smile anymore." Johnny said, resting his hands on Samantha's which were still on his face. Samantha shook her head again.
"I don't understand why you still want to be friends with me. I mean I understand if it was before you got to know me but not now. I grew up watching your movies. All my life I was told I would never get my dream. To work with you, that was my dream. Become an actress and work with you. Everyone told me it wasn't ever gonna happen. But look at me now! My dream came true and then some. So if anyone should be thanking anyone or if someone should be wondering how someone does anything, it should be me to you." Samantha said, looking down again and shaking her head, her hands falling from Johnny 's face. His hands fell with hers. He shook his head.
"No. Trust me. Just no." Johnny said moving his hands to cup her face making her look at him. "No." She smiled and covered his hands with hers.