Heaven Knows

I'm scared of change and the days stay the same

“Where’s my sister!?” Pietro demands as he pulls off his monitors. The sound of a flat lining heart monitor fills the room. “Where is Wanda? What did you bastards do to her?”

“Wanda is safe.” I tell him in a calm voice before I turn to Bruce. “I have a tranquilizer gun in my office. Go get it.” I whisper quietly.

“Why the hell do you have one of those?” Bruce whispers back.

“Just get it.” I glare before turning back to the male Maximoff twin as the good doctor leaves me alone.

“Where is my sister?” He asks again, warning still evident in his voice.

“She’s upstairs with the other Avengers. She’s perfectly safe, Pietro.” I reply. “She made it out of Sokovia alive. She’s safe. She’s an Avenger now, just like you.”

“I’m an Avenger?” He questions. He seems to be calming down but I heard he has a quick-temper so that tranquilizer gun might actually come in handy.

“If you want to be,” I inform him. “You can be with your sister once more. I heard you guys were pretty close.”

“Since we were ten, we only had each other.” He states. His accent is as thick as his English is broken and still being worked on. “When can I see Wanda?”

“After I make sure you have perfect health.” I inform him. “I’m going to have to run a few tests to see if your insides are functioning correctly and then do a field test to see if you still have your superspeed.”

“How can we do field tests if they are still here?” He questions me.

“Wanda and the other Avengers have a mission coming up. We’ll do the field test then. But until I give you a bill of good health, you can’t see your sister. I want to make sure you’re fine before I allow you to see her.” He looks sad but nods his head as he sits down on the hospital bed.

Bruce comes into the room with the tranquilizer gun and Pietro gives me a look, “you were gonna shoot me?”

“It’s just a tranq.” I defend myself. “I heard you were quick-temper and this is how I deal with it.”

“How did you even get one?” Bruce questions. “This is zoo quality.”

“My ex-boyfriend is a veterinary technician for the National Zoo,” I explain. “He left it in my apartment so I kept it. It could come in handy someday.”

**

“How do you tie into this mess?” Pietro asks me as I draw blood from his right arm.

“Tony is my older annoying brother.” I reply, as I pull yet vial of blood from him. “He called me in because I’m the only doctor he knows that worked on a program that was working on designing a way to bring back a fallen Avenger.”

“So you were the one that brought me back?” He seems shock.

“I heard about you and your sister; what happened to you when you were younger. I know that the bomb that came through your apartment building had ‘Stark’ on it. Unlike my brother and our father, I didn’t ever want to be dealing with the arms race. Tony even removed himself from it after he spent a time in an Afghan cave.” I tell him. “I want you to keep in mind that I’m not like my brother. You can trust me.” He just looks at me nodding his head.

“Okay, I’m going to get working on your bloodwork.” I tell him as I get off his hospital bed. “I’ll be back shortly.”

**

“When the hell were you going to tell us about Pietro being alive?” Clint demands as he storms into the lab with Natasha right behind him. “You’ve been here for how long and you didn’t tell us anything!”

“I was going to tell you he’s alive when he finally stabilized!” I reply. “I wanted to be sure he was going to make it before I told anyone. And the only reason why I asked Bruce to tell you two was because I might need more manpower to help control him. No one can know about him being alive. Not yet.”

“What about Wanda?” Natasha asks. “She has a right to know, doesn’t she?”

“No.” I quickly reply. “She can not know her twin brother is alive; not yet anyway…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?