Status: As it is written entirely in journal entries, there will not be the usual "character descriptions" that most stories rely on. So, I will be doing all that I can to draw you in with your imagination.

Millions of Pieces

Pieces for Me

October 1st, 2014
11:00 PM


New journal here, just found this beauty in a little tourist shop on my way home. I don’t usually waste my time buying the over-priced nonsense in those places, but this was just watching me from the window, I couldn’t resist. I still can’t believe I spent $30 on you, but I promise I’m going to actually write in you this time.

The best month of the year is finally here too. I wait all year for Halloween to arrive, and here it almost is. Work has been especially rough lately, so having something to finally look forward to makes me happy. I don’t know what it is right now, but it seems like all the rudest idiots imaginable are coming out of the woodwork to go on vacation. I actually had a guest today get mad at me because they booked a room with only one bed when they needed two. Hello? YOU booked it yourself, on the internet. It is not MY fault you didn’t pay attention to what you paid for, and we are full. I swear, people act like I do this to them on purpose. Yes, I intentionally forced you to book a room you didn’t want online. I will never understand people. At least tomorrow I don’t have to work with many people. Best part of working the graveyard shift for half the week.

This will give me time to work more on my Halloween costume. Though, I must admit to myself, it is starting to become pointless. My favorite day of the year so I can be whomever I wish…yet, I don’t ever have plans for Halloween anymore. It’s a good year if I manage to watch a few fun horror movies any more. I don’t have enough friends to have a party and I’ll be damned if I’m going to wander the streets alone as a 23-year-old in costume. Not a whole lot more pathetic….except probably for me sitting home alone in costume for another year watching movies.

The costume I have planned this year is really great though, if I do it right, I will be able to use the outfit part as a regular clothing item, or even cosplay someday. I’m creating my character from Borderlands! Super excited. I have been practicing my costume make-up skills as well, so I can make my face look right, the hair should be easy enough. The make-up is what will really make it stand out. I even managed to find a suitable fabric for the dress of my Mechromancer. This weekend I will be breaking out ye-old sewing machine to create it. I really wish more fan conventions happened near me so I could have more costuming excuses.

Oh well, anyway Journal, I’m off to bed, I’ll write more later.

October 2nd, 2014
9:00 PM


Wow, would you look at that, I’m starting off strong here, already keeping my word and writing every day! Hopefully I will be able to keep this up! Go me! I have to be at work soon, but I made a lot of progress on my costume today! Only downside being that I can never seem to make up my mind. I had my heart set on this character for months, and now that I have it almost finished…I’m just not sure about it anymore. I’m running out of time, but at least I do still have time if I need to make something else. Maybe during my down time at work tonight I will be able to either decide I really do want to be my Borderlands character still, or decide what else I might want to be so I can get it started.

Night audit is fun for getting to be paid to not do much work!

October 3rd, 2014
2:00 AM


Ugh, one thing about the graveyard shift I hate. Yes, EVERY hotel is haunted, I get it. Can we move along? Why do guests feel the need to ask me about the ghosts I have or haven’t seen here? They do understand I am here all by myself at night right? Maybe I only work this shift because I need a job and it was all that was available to me? Maybe I am terrified of the ghost stories and like to pretend I don’t know about them? That makes it incredibly inconsiderate of them to ask me about it, they could have just ruined my night and made me want to quit my job for all they know! Sigh. I am always a bit scared, but they aren’t the first one to ask, and they won’t be the last….but they could never have known for sure….that is why I hate it. In all my years, I have never actually seen anything or had any encounters, but yes, this hotel is 100 years old. It creaks and is eerie. And yay me, now that it is on my mind I get to spend these last 4 hours trying to not think about it…at least the boss lets me watch Netflix during the down time when the audit is running. I need to watch something funny for a little bit. See you in a while Journal.