Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 55

QUIZ START: After a little while of waiting, Lloyd and the others finally made it to the platform. You greet one another gratefully; after Lloyd had questioned how to go to the top of the tower, the Professor had an idea.
"Try standing on that pedestal." Raine instructed, indicating the pedestal next to her, "If its the same as the entrance, the next path should open." Lloyd did what he was told; the teleporter flashed for a moment, and then it glowed lightly, indicating that it was now active.
"Okay." he said "Let's go!" you file into the light, one at a time and arrive at the top.

When you arrive, you're up in the open air of the roof. You do your best not to look down...however you feel your legs shaking due to your height. As you approach the alter you remember Mithos forming a pact with Luna and Aska.... *I've been here before...* after climbing the floating stairs to the alter...
"Phew. Man, I'm tired..." Lloyd sighed,
"That's because you're always overexcited in the beginning." Kratos told him. Genis jumped slightly, looking at the alter fearfully,
"Its mana...Powerful mana is coming out!" he warned. The guardian of the seal erupted from the alter and attacked.

This battle was harder, much harder, however in the end you won anyway. Raine healed Lloyd's wounds, and you healed Sheena. Colette waited for you all to be ready before she approached the alter ready to receive the next angelic gift.
However, even after she approached the alter, Remial didn't show.
".....???" everyone shared equal confusion at his lack of appearance. Golden mist began to gather over the alter instead,
"...!" you stiffen, pain jolting through your head. You remembered...the mist gathers, then Luna appears, then Mithos fought her...Then...then... In a small flash, Luna appeared, sitting in a pale green crescent moon and floating over the alter.
"...Where is Aska?" she asked, confused. You your head began to spin, you heard a summoning spell in your head, it began as a whisper, but steadily grew louder and louder.
"Whoa, it talked!" Lloyd gasped,
"...Without Aska, I cannot do anything--I cannot form a pact or a vow..." Luna explained. Your head spun faster, and your legs begin to shake, *Wha-what's going...on?* you think, putting a hand on your forehead as your eyes start to slip closed. *Why am I so tired...?*
"What's...What's happening to me...?" you whisper.
"Please...find Aska...in order to restore my power." the Summon Spirit finished, then disappeared in sparkles of yellow light. The Summoning chant that had been playing in your head ended with someone yelling,
"I Summon Thee!!" the voice screamed, so loud you thought you'd go deaf, "Come: LUNA!"
"Ah!" you exclaim as pain exploded in your head; you stumbled back as though you'd been struck. Your consciousness slipped away and you collapsed, but Kratos caught you.

"AH!" Aura yelled, falling back. She passed out, but Kratos caught her. There was a small noise, so quiet no one heard it, a small clink.
A single, small, silver key fell to the ground. The clasp on its chain had broken.
"Aura!" exclaimed Genis,
"What happened?" asked Lloyd. Kratos pressed two fingers against her neck, taking her pulse,
"Dont worry." Kratos told them. "...She just fainted."
"But why? Hm..." Raine murmured. Remial floated down from a glow in the sky, and waited for Colette to sprout her wings and fly to him. After bestowing another gift upon the Chosen, still not very physically noticeable, she returned to the ground. Just before leaving, he announced that the path to the Tower of Salvation...Was Open.
"...The Tower of Salvation?!" exclaimed Lloyd excitedly,
"The world regeneration is finally going to take place." Genis sighed,
"Is the regeneration...really going to happen? ..." mumbled Sheena nervously,
"I shall do as you instruct, Lord Remial." Colette assured confidently. Then he left, vanishing with a few golden feathers trailing after him.
"The end is finally in sight." Kratos commented from where he was. He was kneeling on the ground, supporting Aura who was still out cold, "Lets' head to the Tower of Salvation as soon as Aura awakens."
"Colette...are you sure?" asked the Professor almost nervously.
"...Yes. I'm fine." she assured with a small sigh,
"...Dammit!" Lloyd murmured. A weak voice questioned,
"My head...what just happened?"

You start to come back to consciousness,
"My head...what just happened?" you ask weakly, opening your eyes. Kratos was kneeling next to you, one of his arms behind your shoulders, keeping you upright. You could only guess that you had missed Colette receiving this gift seeing how she no longer had her wings,
"I'm glad your alright." the Chosen told you. You put a hand on your head, and ask,
"What happened?"
"As soon as Luna disappeared, you fainted." Kratos told you ,
"Oh yeah..."
"What happened?" Lloyd asked,
"Right when she showed up...I started hearing a summoning spell."
"Summoning spell?" asked Raine.
"Yeah. The spell to summon Luna.... It repeated over and over again, and I started feeling dizzy. Right after Luna disappeared, a loud voice screamed 'I summon thee! Come: Luna!'."
"Strange..." Lloyd said. You and the Mercenary stand,
"...We should leave." Kratos suggested, and his suggestion was met with agreement. However, as you began to move towards the teleporter, Sheena noticed a sparkle on the ground,
"Hey. Whose is this?" she asked, stooping to pick it up,

~**Kratos' POV
"Hey. Whose is this?" asked Sheena. You turned back, and your breath caught. It was a small silver key. You quickly snatch the key from her, saying concisely,
"It's mine." Everyone stared at you curiously due to your reaction,
"Um...okay. Why is it so important? It's just a key." she asked,
"...It just is." you respond simply, "...thank you for finding it." You didn't want to talk about your key a lot. Especially not with Aura here...
"Well, different things are important to different people...I guess..." Lloyd commented, "But then how did it get on the floor?"
"The clasp is broken." you respond, your hand firmly closed around the key, "It must have broke when I caught Aura."
"Well, its good Sheena found it." Colette told you, smiling like she always did. *She's to carefree.* you think quietly.

While you walk out of the tower you turn thoughts over in your mind, *I shouldn't have done that...* you think, regretting how quickly you had taken the key, and how little you wanted to talk about it. It looked suspicious. The key was still grasped firmly in your hand, *Now everyone is suspicious...but I couldn't loose this key no matter what. I have to keep my promise to Aura... No matter how much I want her to remember me...*

While walking back down the tower, you use a bit of mana and fix the clasp. Then use a little more to make sure that it wouldn't break again, before putting the necklace back on, and tucking the key into your shirt where no one would see it again. It was the one little piece of Aura that hadn't changed.
That hadn't forgotten.
That hadn't left.
And it was hanging next to your heart, where it belonged.

~**Back
You barely got a look at the key that Sheena had found because Kratos took it so quickly, and then kept that hand balled in a fist around the key so no one could see it. You continue through the tower none the less, speaking relatively little, *I've never seen him do something like that before...* you comment mentally, *Getting so worried...over a little key...But...that key...looked familiar...hmm....* you think. Soon you reach the bottom floor, the door outside was open. *That was-- oh yeah...Only in my mind.* you remember when you had been 'trapped in your mind' and the door to the Tower of Mana was closed. It was the only thing keeping you from getting back to your friends. *This isn't my mind...this is real. I'm not trapped. I'm fine.* you assure yourself. You paused briefly upon Raine's request. She walked along the walls for a moment, examining the books in the shelves. She probably wondered if there were any other useful books on healing. However, apparently, she found none.
After walking outside Colette once again collapsed as she was attacked by her Angel Toxicosis again.......