Sequel: He Has My Heart
Status: I have two accounts on blackveilbridesfanfiction.com under the names tina and tinamoli

Is He for Me?

Chapter Twenty: Anxious

Rileys POV

I couldn't figure out why I was panicking. I woke up with a sheen of cold sweat over my neck. Ashley was still sleeping so I carefully moved out from under his arm and went back to my room to take a shower.
I put on my ripped jeans and my old Black Veil Brides tank top. I walked past Ashleys room to make sure he was still sleeping.
I went downstairs and checked the time. 11:30am. Kimber should be back from Hawaii by now.
I tried her phone and she picked up on the third ring.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Kimber, it's Riley, are you busy?"
"Hey hun. No just unpacking. Whats up?"
"Uhh I need to talk to you. I think I'm having an anxiety attack! I slept with Ashley last night and it was great. It was anticipated for a long time, but for some reason I have the thought in my head that he doesn't want me anymore. I'm freaking out!"
"Okay Riley, calm down. You're making something out of nothing. You know, like last time when you thought the same thing about Andy. It turned out alright. Sweetie, just talk to Ashley, let him know that you through this sometimes, okay? Promise me you will?"
"Okay I will! How was Hawaii anyways?" I asked.
"OMG! I nearly forgot! I have news, but can I come over later? I rather tell you in person."
"Sure sweetie."
"Okay, I'll see you later then" she squealed and hung up.
"Was that Kimber?" A voice said behind me.
Ashley came up behind me and hugged my waist and kissed my neck.
"Yeah, I just needed to ask her something" I said nervously. Had he been listening?
"So umm, are you okay? Last night you kind of just..." He trailed off.
"You just hit a nerve, thats all. It was Kimber on the phone." I paused trying to word this properly. "I promised her I would tell you that this affects me. I get anxiety when it comes to guys and I went through this with Andy. When we did have sex I was convinced he was going to leave me and now I have that feeling again and it's making me nervous and sweaty" I started to hyperventilate, I could feel myself on the verge of breaking.
Ashley held my shoulders to steady me and to look directly at him.
"Riles! Look at me! I'm not leaving you! I love you for fuck sake. I'm sorry if I said something last night, but you are amazing! Don't forget that" he said. It did make me feel a little better.
He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me deeply. I felt my tensed body relax into him and he lifted me off the ground.
He pulled away and touched his forehead to mine. "See? I'm not going anywhere" he said softly and put me down.
I relaxed and pushed those thoughts out of my head. "Okay, I'm okay, just, yeah, don't assume I have slept with many guys, cause I haven't" I said not wanting to bring this up.
"Okay I won't, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, that wasn't my intention."
I smiled and hugged him. "By the way, Kimber is coming over later, she has news" I said getting myself something to eat.

During the day me and Ashley spent the time just hanging out and getting to know each other as a couple and not as awkward friends with sexual tension. I felt more relaxed about Ashley now that had told him how I felt. If he said he wasn't going anywhere I believed him.
At 6:00 there was a knock at the door. Ashley went to go answer it. I got up from the couch to greet Kimber. Ash opened the door as I came walking down the hallway. I was greeted to Kimbers squeals.
"WE'RE ENGAGED!" She said running at me and jumping on me. CC rolled his eyes and smiled. Ashley hugged CC and congratulated him. Once Kimber let go of me I went and give CC a hug.
"Congrats CC, you didn't tell me you were planning this!" I said playfully hitting his arm.
"Well I wanted it to be a surprise to everyone, even though I accidently spilled it to Ashley" he laughed.
I looked at Ash "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!" I shouted at him.
"I figured CC wouldn't me telling everyone" he said in his defense.
"OMG Kimber! Let me see the ring!"
She held her left hand in mine and I pretty much fainted.
It was a 10ct diamond, princess cut with small pale pink topaz on either side.
"Its perfect" she said marveling at the ring then smiling stupidly at CC.
Me and Ashley watched Kimber and CC engaged in a long passionate kiss. Thats when I realised I wanted what they had with Ashley. He looked at me and I think he had the same thought.

Ashleys POV

We all settled outside for a drink to celebrate. Riley sat on my lap, she seemed very cuddly all of a sudden. I wasn't whether she wanted to tell people what was going on between us, but I figured Kimber knew.
"So what's going on here?" CC asked eyeing Riley.
"Yeah, Riley. What is going on here?" Kimber asked her.
She was taken by surprise and I could see the worry in her eyes. She didn't want to answer the question. I answered for her instead.
"We're just, kind of seeing each other" I said carefully looking at Riley. There was panic in her eyes
"I can't do this right now" she said getting up and walking into the house.
CC, Kimber and I sat there awkwardly. "I better go after her. She gets weird with these kind of things. We went through this last time" she said giving CC a peck on the cheek and following Riley into the house.
"Whats up with her?" CC asked.
"I don't know. I think she's just really insecure about our relationship right now. She said something about this happening when she slept with Andy for the first time. Andy was her first though."
"Really? Wow, you wouldn't think that" he said sounding surprised.
"I know, that's what I said. Maybe I should talk to Andy" I said wondering out loud.
"Ash, I don't think thats the best idea. Maybe just wait it out. Her and Andy turned out okay. Just don't push her into anything" CC suggested. He was right, I think I just need to be careful. Riley seems to be in a fragile state.
"Hey, uhh have you guys set a date yet?" I asked wanting to change the topic.
"Umm probably later this year, before winter hits I think. Which reminds, Ash, I want you to be my best man" he said smiling.
"Holy shit man! Thats awesome! Thank you!" I said jumping up and hugging him.

Rileys POV

"Hey, this will make you feel better. I want you to be maid of honour!" Kimber said.
I smiled from ear to ear. "OH MY GOD! SERIOUSLY KIMMIE!" I shouted.
She nodded her head vigorously and I hugged her with happy tears steaming down my face.