‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

29: I Really Thought We Were Done

Pushing his sunglasses up his nose, Iker scanned the airport terminal, his foot tapping in anticipation. It had been a tough five weeks, tougher than Iker had originally thought it would be when he discovered that he would have to leave Olivia behind for a while, but he was glad it was over. He had been counting down the days between him and seeing Olivia and Thiago again. Subtly peeking down at his watch, he offered the airport terminal another look before he felt something knock against his leg, causing him to turn around.

“Lo siento” Olivia mused, trying to keep her grin in check “I wasn’t exactly looking where I was going” she added.

Iker blinked a little before a wide grin appeared on his face. He knew that it was a little silly, he had seen Olivia in the 5 weeks that they had been apart for, but he couldn’t help but admire how much better she looked in person. It was like seeing her for the first time all over again. “You’re actually here” he breathed, moving to rest his sunglasses on top of his head.

Olivia shook her head. “Of course I am here, Iker” she noted “Your dreams aren’t that vivid” she added with a little laugh.

Iker quirked a little smile at her joke before he stepped towards her, his hand gently brushing over her cheek. “I have missed you” he whispered, leaning a little closer to her “More than I think I can even come close to describing” he added.

Olivia smiled. “Well you don’t have to miss us anymore” she whispered gently “We’re here now, and we’re here to stay” she added before she pressed a brisk kiss against his lips. Iker held her close for a second longer than she wanted before he let her go, allowing her to check on Thiago who sat in his stroller, his blue eyes peeking up at his father timidly. “Perhaps you ought to say hello to him” Olivia noted, nudging Iker gently.

Iker smiled and crouched down ahead of the pushchair, levelling his stare with Thiago’s. “Hola, little one” he mused gently, waving his hand.

Thiago watched him before he moved his hand in a similar fashion, waving back at his father. “Mama” he chirped excitedly.

Iker shook his head. “I’m papa” he whispered, moving to unclasp the pushchair’s straps “But for now, just having you here will do for me” he added, lifting Thiago into his arms. Thiago squeaked and moved to hide his head in Iker’s shoulder, affording the keeper the chance to press a kiss to the top of Thiago’s head.

Olivia, who had been watching them, stepped a little closer to Iker and took his hand. “Are you going to take us home now?” she whispered.

Iker smiled and nodded his head. “I want nothing more” he enthused.

~#~
“I think Thiago likes his room” Iker noted as he padded back down the stairs, his dark eyes shining at the sight of Olivia who had moved to get settled on the couch. He was thrilled, even having Olivia in the same room as him had made up for the past five weeks, and he knew that things would be Ok now that she was there. All he wanted was for them to be a little family.

“You do?” Olivia mused, a small yawn falling out of her mouth.

Iker smiled and nodded, sitting down at her side. “He seems thrilled by all the new toys and stuff, but I still managed to get him to go to sleep for a little while, giving me the chance to say a proper hello to you” he enthused, gently moving to rest her legs over his lap.

“You’ve said hello” Olivia mused.

“Not properly I haven’t” Iker commented “I haven’t had the chance to give you this” he added, leaning down to press a passionate kiss against her lips. Olivia stilled a little, slightly caught off guard, but quickly melted into it, holding him close to her. Iker smiled as her hands settled at the base of his neck, holding onto him tightly. “Hola” he teased gently as he pulled back from her.

Olivia bit down her on her lip and smiled. “Hola” she replied softly.

“You look beautiful” Iker noted gently “Especially with this” he added, his hand subtly slipping beneath her shirt and resting on the bump which had started to form there. It was still small, too small for it to be caught by those who weren’t looking for it, but Iker couldn’t resist the chance to place his hand on it. He’d been wanting to acknowledge the bump since he had first seen Olivia at the airport.

“We need to find me a doctor” Olivia murmured between light pecks “I will need to have a scan done in the next week or so” she added.

Iker smiled. “We can find a doctor later” he whispered “Right now, I just want to relish the fact that I have you here with me” he added.

Olivia smiled and leant up, giving him another gentle kiss which Iker was eager to return, his fingertips still tracing shapes into the small bump. “I have something I want to give to you” he whispered, drawing back a little unwillingly.

“Can it not wait?” Olivia protested “I was rather enjoying that” she added.

Iker smiled and kissed her lips gently again. “I am glad to see that you missed kissing me” he teased “But I really do want to give this to you” he added, sitting up slightly.

Olivia pouted a little, but sat up beside him, watching as he pulled a small velvet box out of the pocket of his jeans. “You sent this back to me after we split up” he announced softly “I really did think that that was going to be the last time I heard from you” he added, his brown eyes peeking at Olivia who watched him closely. “Olivia, I really thought that we were over and done with” he whispered.

“But we’re not” Olivia noted “If anything, we’re happier now” she added.

Iker smiled. “I know that” he whispered “I just wanted to do this properly” he added before he quietly got off of the couch, kneeling down ahead of her. Olivia chewed on her lip, her blue eyes tearing up a little.

“Olivia Garcia Cruz, will you do me the honor of agreeing to marry me again?” Iker posed gently.

Olivia smiled gently. “Yes, Iker” she whispered “I will” she added.

Iker smiled and moved to place the ring onto her finger before he pulled her into the hug, thrilled that she was with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)