‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

52: Our Kind Of Love

“Look at you” Carmen mused as she stepped into her son’s hotel room, her eyes staring up at him adoringly. It had come around quickly, quicker than Iker had thought it would have done, but he was more than a little excited at the prospect of seeing Olivia. They’d been kept apart the night before, even despite his insistence that it was stupid given that they were already married, and he couldn’t wait to see her again. He was sure that between Callie and their wedding planner Isla they would have done a wonderful job.

“I don’t look awful then” he teased softly, straightening the black tie that he had placed around his neck.

Carmen shook her head. “You look wonderful, mi hijo” she cooed softly “Very handsome” she added, lightly fixing the tie which he had managed to skew to one side.

Iker smiled at her softly. “You do think I made the right decision, don’t you?” he mused. He knew that it wasn’t going to change things, he and Olivia were going to remain together regardless of what anyone thought of them, but he wanted to know that his parents thought he was doing the right thing. He wanted to have their approval.

Carmen shook her head. “You know that I love that girl, Iker” she smiled.

“I just wanted to make sure” he mused softly.

Carmen patted his cheek softly. “You’ve got a wonderful family there, Iker. Olivia’s a good woman and the children are perfect. I doubt I could be much prouder of you than I am right this second” she smiled tearfully.

“Mama, don’t cry” Iker chuckled gently “You’ll set me off” he added.

Carmen shook her head. “Congratulations, Iker” she murmured as she pulled him into a hug that he was more than happy to return. It wasn’t about him, Iker and Olivia had already been married for months, but he was pleased they had made the decision to have a more traditional ceremony. A small part of him wanted to show everyone just how well things had worked out for them, even despite their bumps and problems, he wanted the chance to show off just how happy they were.

“Iker?”

The keeper lifted his head slightly and smiled, watching as his younger brother stepped into the room.

“It’s time” Unai mused.

Iker nodded his head firmly and pulled away from his mother. “It’s about time I got married, don’t you think?” he teased impishly.

~#~
“Are you that they’re OK with Lori?” Olivia posed as she stared at her reflection, trying desperately to calm herself down. She didn’t know why she was so nervous, perhaps it was merely the idea of being in front of people, but she couldn’t seem to calm herself down. She had been worrying since she had woken up that morning and Daniel, who had agreed to walk her down the aisle in the absence of their father, couldn’t help but be a little amused. He doubted he had seen Olivia so worked up before.

“Lori has looked after children before, Oli” Daniel smiled “Thiago’s perfectly calm and the last time I saw Catalina, she was sleeping soundly in her little dress. They’re fine” he mused.

“And you’re sure that Lori doesn’t mind?” Olivia posed, fiddling at the ¾ length sleeve which covered part of her arm.

“Someone had to watch them, Oli, and with Iker’s parents with him, and Callie busy with Leia, Lori was more than happy to do it. The boys can behave themselves for a little while” he smiled.

Olivia nodded her head thoughtfully, something which made Daniel chuckle. “You know that you’re already married right?” he teased.

“I know” Olivia replied.

“Then why are you freaking out, Oli? It’s just Iker, the same guy you’ve been mad about for the last 3 years” he smiled softly.

“I know that too” Olivia replied “But I am just nervous, you know? I know that we’re already married, but that was nothing like this. We got married on a Wednesday in a city hall in LA. It bears little to no comparison to this” she mused, her hands gesturing around the hotel room that they sat in, awaiting the signal from Callie that Iker had arrived. “I guess I am a little nervous that this isn’t exactly my style” she added softly.

Daniel shook his head. “Oli” he mused as he stood ahead of her, his hands settling softly on her shoulders “No one cares if you mess up today. No one cares if you say the vows wrong or trip up the aisle, this is all about letting everyone that loves you, and Iker, celebrate the fact that you two morons found one another despite your best efforts to pretend that you hadn’t. No one is going to laugh at you or suggest that you look out of place. We just want the chance to enjoy the fact that you and Iker ended up together” he explained gently.

“You mean that?” Olivia posed timidly, her blue eyes peeking at her brother.

Daniel smiled. “Absolutely, Oli” he enthused “I know I am not exactly Iker’s number one fan, but the smile you get on your face when you look at him…today is about celebrating that. We just want to share the moment with the pair of you” he mused as he pulled her into a little hug. Olivia hugged him back tightly before a tap at the door echoed, causing the pair to pull apart.

“Are you ready?” Daniel smiled.

“Do I have a choice?” Olivia replied.

“You’ll be fine” Daniel noted, taking her hand “It’s just Iker” he added, squeezing her hand.

~#~
Shifting a little impatiently from foot to foot, Iker spared a small look around the room, scanning the faces of the gathered spectators. He didn’t know why he was suddenly so nervous, he had been fine previously, but just standing ahead of the group of people, no matter how small it was in comparison to the thousands he had played in front of, made him nervous. It was like it had suddenly dawned on him what he was about to do.

“You can run if you want” Unai teased from his side.

Iker shook his head. “I’m fine” he murmured.

“Really? Because you look like you’re about to puke” the younger man smiled.

Iker rolled his eyes before the sound of music reached him, causing him to peel his eyes away from Unai and turn them towards the foot of the aisle, watching as Olivia’s bridesmaids padded towards him. “From what mama said, she looks fantastic, Iker” Unai enthused, nudging his brother lightly.

Iker smiled fondly before he turned his eyes back up the aisle, his breathing giving a noticeable hitch as Olivia padded into the room, one of her shier smiles on her face. She did look fantastic, Iker always thought she did, but in that moment it was apparent to everyone, none more so than the keeper who’s eyes refused to leave her. Smiling, he watched each and every step she took with interest before she came to a halt ahead of him.

“I should have said this months ago, Iker” Daniel muttered “But if you mess this up again…”

“I know” Iker interjected, smiling at the other man “And I am not going to” he added.

Daniel nodded his head firmly before he placed a soft kiss onto his sister’s cheek, leaving her with Iker who grinned at her.

“What?” she mumbled, shifting timidly under his stare.

Iker chuckled. “You’re beautiful” he mused, taking her hand “And I can’t believe that you’re mine” he added before he led her a couple of paces forwards, allowing the ceremony to start.

~#~
“What are you doing out here, Oli?” Iker posed gently as he stepped outside, his dark eyes peeking over at the brunette who sat at the foot of the steps, Iker’s discarded suit jacket wrap around her, warding off the cold December breeze.

Olivia, who had been staring into space, startled a little before she turned, offering him a small smile. “I was just taking a moment” she mused.

“I thought you’d run off” Iker replied, padding down the steps and sitting beside her.

“I just wanted to take a second out before we start doing speeches and whatever. I would have found my way back” she noted gently, moving to rest her head against his shoulder as he placed his arm around her waist.

“You honestly look wonderful, Oli” he murmured after a couple of moments of silence.

Olivia smiled. “You don’t look too bad yourself. I have always liked you in a suit” she noted.

Iker smiled and pressed a kiss to her head. “I thought I had forgotten how to breathe when you walked in, dressed like that. It was probably when Daniel starting making threats that I remembered I had to” he teased.

“You could have fainted, at least people wouldn’t have been staring at me” she teased, offering him a little shrug.

Iker rolled his eyes. “You looked wonderful” he assured her “And if I walked into the party they are throwing for us inside and asked anyone, they would agree with me. You made a beautiful bride, Olivia” he grinned.

Olivia shook her head. “I had to. You made quite the dapper groom” she refuted.

“Just take the compliment, Oli” Iker chuckled “Because I can keep this going all night if I have to” he added.

Olivia rolled her eyes, but snuggled closer to him nevertheless, appreciating the extra warmth that his body provided. “How are Thiago and Catalina?” she posed, yawning softly.

“With my parents and exceedingly content. Lina had her feed 20 minutes ago and Thiago seems very excited at the prospect of getting some cake” the keeper assured her gently.

Olivia nodded her head softly before she pulled away from him, her blue eyes staring at him. “Thank you” she whispered.

Iker cocked his eyebrow. “What are you thanking me for?” he posed, smiling a little.

“For being you. For knocking me up, twice. For not giving up on me even when I acted like a total bitch. I have not made this easy on you and I thought I could take a second right now to say thank you for loving me” she explained.

Iker shook his head. “You never have to thank me for that” he muttered, moving to help her to her feet “Having you love me is enough” he added, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Olivia wrapped her arms around him tightly and grinned. It had taken a while, but she doubted she was going to let him go again.

They were for keeps.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is the end of 'Hear Your Heart'. I hope that you enjoyed reading it :) Thanks for the subscriptions, comments and recommendations, they're fantastic and tend to make writing these things easier :)

Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments on the last chapter :)