‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

51: Not Long Now

“What is going through your head right now?” Olivia posed, her blue eyes peeking at her husband who sat mutedly beside her, his dark eyes peeking out of the small aeroplane window. It was the first time, Iker hadn’t set foot in Madrid since the club had let him go, and she could tell that it was a moment of complex emotions for him, even if he didn’t want to own up to it, it was written all over his face.

Iker, who had been aimlessly watching the passing scenery, shrugged. “Not much” he noted.

Olivia shook her head. “It’s alright to feel strange about this” she commented, moving to check on Catalina who snoozed happily in her arms “You did give 25 years to this place and they did toss you aside with little remorse” she added, pressing a light kiss to the sleeping 5 month old’s head.

Iker shook his head. “I feel fine, Oli” he insisted, offering Thiago a little look.

“You’d tell me if you didn’t?” Olivia posed, her eyebrow raised a little.

“Probably not” Iker replied honestly, a small smile on his face “But I am OK. It’s just a city, and we’re not here for all that long. In 2 weeks, we’ll be boarding a flight back to LA and that will be that. I think even I can make do for 14 days, Oli” he explained gently. He appreciated the concern, reading him was something Olivia had always done better than most, but he wanted to put her mind at ease. Even if his exit from Real Madrid hadn’t been the best, he didn’t want to waste time thinking about it. The next 2 weeks were supposed to be about him and Olivia, nothing else.

Olivia offered him a slightly dubious look. “Are you sure?” she posed.

Iker nodded. “Certain” he replied softly, his hand moving to squeeze hers lightly “I can handle it, Oli” he enthused.

~#~
“Look who it is Leia” Callie mused as she pulled the door to her home open, greeting Olivia with a fond smile. It had been a little while, a few weeks since Olivia had aided Callie in giving birth to her daughter, and the brunette couldn’t resist a chance to see her goddaughter, especially with final confirmations to be given to some of the wedding plans. It had provided Olivia with a perfect excuse.

Olivia smiled gently. “I hope you don’t mind us all dropping by” she mused, peeking back at Iker who skilfully balanced both Thiago and Catalina.

“Of course not. Leia cannot wait to meet her playmates and I know that Jacob is itching to talk to a man. Between me and Leia, he doesn’t exactly get much of a chance” Callie teased, allowing the small family into the house.

“You look really good, Callie” Iker mused as he set Thiago onto his feet, allowing the toddler to wander off deeper into the house “And Leia is a beautiful girl. You and Jacob must be proud” he added, offering her a kind smile.

“We’re very proud” Callie grinned “And she’s only here thanks to your lovely wife. She’s got hidden talents, Iker” she teased with a wink that made Olivia shake her head.

Callie giggled to herself before they made it into the living room. “Jacob should be in the kitchen” she noted, looking at Iker. The keeper nodded his head gently and moved to place Catalina in Oliva’s arms, pressing an affectionate kiss against Olivia’s lips. Olivia smiled against his lips before he wandered away, something which made Callie shake her head.

“What?” Olivia squeaked, her cheeks a little pink.

“I hate the pair of you” Callie responded with a smile.

“It’s not my fault that we’re still adorable” Olivia teased.

Callie shook her head. “How did you get so lucky?” she posed, smiling gently at her friend.

Olivia looked at her friend. “Truthfully?” she quipped, lifting her eyebrow gently “I have absolutely no idea” she smiled.

Callie grinned. “”I hope you know better than to let him go” she noted as she sat down, pulling out the final plans for the wedding which had been delivered by Olivia and Iker’s wedding planner the day before.

Olivia peeked down at Catalina who cooed in her arms before she looked back at Callie. “I have no intentions of losing him again, Cal. He’s all I hoped for and more and I am not going to let go without a fight” she enthused.

Callie smiled softly. “Good” she enthused.

~#~
“So, things are in place?” Iker murmured as he laid down next to Olivia, his hand gently pulling her a little closer. It had been a long day, a longer one than he had been hoping for, but with Thiago and Catalina safely asleep for the night, he wanted to spend a little time with Olivia. The next few days were bound to be hectic in the final run-in to their second wedding and he wanted to take a second to take a breath and calm down.

“Mostly” Olivia replied “Your parents have sorted out a venue for the service and the reception. Unai’s handling food, even though he didn’t really want to, and Callie’s directing my day for me. Between her and Isla, I have hardly had to do a thing” she enthused, a sleepy smile on her face.

“You have a dress?” he posed, his fingertips happily trailing up and down her side, occasionally slipping beneath the hem of her pyjama top.

“I have” Olivia confirmed “What about you and Unai, you have suits?” she posed.

“Not yet” Iker admitted “But it isn’t quite like buying a wedding dress. I show up, pick up a jacket and some trousers that match and that is that. It doesn’t have the same effect as your dress does on you” he teased.

“You should get it soon, regardless” Olivia pointed out.

“We have plans tomorrow. Sergio’s tagging along” Iker replied.

Olivia nodded her head gently before she shifted a little closer, happily cuddling into his arms. “Can you quite believe that we are going to do this?” she murmured.

“Getting married again?” Iker posed.

“Getting married in general” Olivia corrected “Or having children together. Or living together. Or sleeping together. Can you quite believe it?” she posed, propping her head up slightly so that she could look at his expression.

Iker smiled. “Of course I can. After that day in the hospital, there was no doubt about where you and I were going. It was make or break and, despite our bumps, we made it” he explained confidently.

“So you knew after our first kiss?” Olivia posed.

“No, our first kiss was in Barcelona after the Euros” he pointed out with a grin.

“You know what I meant” Olivia muttered, playfully pushing his shoulder.

Iker chuckled. “I know, and the answer to that question is yes. Of course I knew” he noted.

Olivia smiled. “I’m glad one of us was sure” she mumbled, moving to place her head against the pillow.

Iker kissed the top of her head. “I’ve never been more sure” he noted gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)