‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

08: He Just Wants A Second Chance

Adjusting the small t-shirt which she had placed onto Thiago’s body, Olivia sighed, her stomach already dreading the day which sat ahead of them. She knew that she had to do it, after the way in which she had ranted at Iker, she knew she needed to make amends, and as a result, she had decided to take a trip to Real Madrid’s training centre, a building she hadn’t visited since she had returned from France. It had been hard to let it go, Olivia had always loved attending the press conferences at the training centre, but after it had been made clear that Iker was going to stay and with her pregnancy, she had relinquished her position, allowing another one of the reporters to take it up.

Rubbing her temple, she ensured that she had packed all of the things she would need for the trip before she moved to collect her son again, smiling at him. Things were fraught, they had been for the month that she and Iker had been back in one another’s lives, but just looking at Thiago made things slightly better. He hadn’t been planned, Olivia’s pregnancy had caught her off guard, but she knew she wouldn’t have traded him for the world. He was the best thing she had ever done and no amount of fighting with her ex-boyfriend was going to change her mind about it.

“Are you ready to go and see papa?” Olivia cooed as she moved to settle the little boy down into his car seat “I am sure he will be pleased to see you” she added, ensuring that he was secure. The baby cooed softly, something which made Olivia place a gentle kiss on his head. “I know me and papa aren’t on the best of terms right now, Thiago, but we will make it work for you. You’re the most important person in the world to us, mi hijo, and I will make sure that it works” she promised gently. Thiago merely kicked his feet in response, something which made Olivia shake her head, a grin held on her lips. “Te amo” she whispered gently before she lifted the car seat, mentally preparing herself for another period of time spent with Iker.

~#~
“Casillas, you have a visitor”

Iker, who had been immersed in a training drill, looked up. “I do?” he posed, noting his coach making his way across the training pitch.

The older man nodded. “You do. A pretty dark haired girl and a baby?” he replied.

Iker’s face slackened fractionally before he nodded, quickly making his way into the complex and straight towards reception where Olivia stood, Thiago balanced happily on her hip as she waved her stuffed tiger in front of his eyes. Iker smiled at the image, he should have guessed that Rory the stuffed tiger would be handed down by Olivia to their son. “I cannot believe you still have him” Iker noted gently, causing Olivia to look up.

“Of course I still have him” she noted “He was on the bedside when I gave birth” she added, the slightest hint of a smile on her face.

Iker chuckled. “I should have known” he teased softly as he took a couple of paces towards her “What are you doing here, Oli?” he posed, gently touching Thiago’s cheek.

“I felt bad” Olivia murmured.

“About?” Iker posed.

“Us, fighting, again” she noted “And I thought I should try and make amends, so I bought him here so that you could introduce him to the others” she explained gently.

“You did that?” Iker posed.

Olivia nodded and moved to place Thiago into Iker’s arms. “You said you wanted to show him off, so here is your chance” she commented, pressing a little kiss to the baby’s head. Iker blinked, a little surprised by the offer, but he didn’t have time to respond before Sergio rounded the corner, his dark eyes widening fractionally at the sight of Olivia firstly and then Thiago.

“Iker?” he posed, causing the keeper to turn a fraction “What is going on?” he posed.

Iker sighed. “Sergio, this is Thiago” he noted, stepping towards the defender “He’s mine and Olivia’s son” he added.

Sergio frowned. “I thought you and Olivia didn’t have a baby” he commented as softly as he could “I thought that she had…”

“Someone got that wrong” Oliva interjected with a small shake of her head “I gave birth to Thiago three months ago” she added.

Sergio nodded his head thoughtfully before he padded towards the pair, smiling gently at the blue-eyed baby who was shyly hiding in Iker’s shoulder. “Guys, he’s adorable” the defender noted gently “You two must be pretty proud” he added.

“Very much so” Olivia noted.

Iker noted the affection in her voice and attempted to speak, only to be cut off by Thiago who let out a little whimper. “He probably wants this” Olivia smiled, handing Iker the stuffed tiger. “You should take him outside too. I am sure the others would love to meet him” she added.

“What are you going to do?” Iker posed.

“She’s going to stay and catch up with me” Sergio interjected before Olivia had a chance to speak “It’s been forever since I saw her” he added, smiling at Olivia who nodded in agreement. Iker frowned a little and shook his head before he moved to carry Thiago outside, leaving Olivia alone with Sergio.

“You look fantastic” Sergio noted as he turned back to the brunette “Especially since you only had him a few months ago” he added.

“Gracias” Olivia noted shyly.

Sergio sighed gently. “How are you, Oli?” he posed gently “And don’t say ‘fine’ because we both know that that is shit” he added.

Olivia shrugged. “In truth, I don’t know” she noted.

The defender shook his head. “You know he still loves you right?” he posed softly, helping the brunette towards the seat. It was obvious, even in the seconds that he had seen Iker and Olivia together, and he wanted to ensure that the brunette wasn’t going to try and take the keeper for a ride. He’d gotten over losing her once and Sergio didn’t know if he had it in him to do it again.

Olivia shrugged. “How can I know if he still loves me when I question if he ever loved me to begin with?” she posed gently, fiddling with her hands.

“Oli, of course he loves you. He’s loved you from the second he met you, even if it did take years for him to figure it out” Sergio replied.

“How can I believe that, Sergio?” she posed.

“Because everyone who has ever seen the two of you together could see it” the defender retorted “Because his entire body lightens up when you are around. He smiles more, laughs more, and it genuinely a nicer person to be around when he is with you” he explained.

“Then why did he cheat?” Olivia muttered.

Sergio shrugged his shoulders. “Because he’s an idiot” he replied.

Olivia laughed gently.

“Oli, he just wants a second chance” the defender mused “He wants to make you, and now Thiago, happy” he added.

“I need more than that, Sergio” she noted.

“Then ask him when the last time he had sex was” Sergio commented “That should be enough to show you how much he just wanted to make things right between you” he noted before Iker appeared ahead of them again, Thiago balanced on his hip.

“What are you doing back?” Olivia posed.

“I realized that I don’t want to introduce him without you” Iker replied, smiling a little.

Olivia bit her lip. “Iker…”

“Please, Oli” the keeper noted gently “For Thiago” he prodded impishly.

Olivia swallowed and fixed a grin on her face before she moved to follow Iker out towards the training pitch.

Sergio watched them go. They were good together, better than good even, and Sergio hoped that they could figure it out. Both of them deserved to be happy and they were only likely to be happy together.