Status: New & Approved !!!

Blood Dust

Luce

Yesterday was my birthday and even though everything went as planned, today was different because my parents had something to discuss with me, something I wasn’t pleased about.

‘’Can someone explain to me why you will be adopting a young boy around my age?’’ I asked while sitting on the grey couch in the living room, opposite from where my parents were seated on the other, same colored, couch.

‘’We never told you, but after I had you, the doctor said I wouldn't be able to have other children, because one of my ovaries had to be extracted and the other one is damaged.’’ My mother said with a sad smile on her face before my dad took her hand in his in a comforting manner and said, ‘’Plus, she always wanted to have a son as well.’’

I didn’t say anything. I knew my mother didn’t want to put the blame on me, but after hearing her talk about it, I kind of felt guilty. So, I did the only thing I could at the moment; I nodded my head before getting up, dragging my feet to my bedroom.

I lay on the bed thinking of the unknown boy who was going to become my brother. What if he didn’t really want to join our family? How were we supposed to get along when I couldn’t even get along with my fellow male classmates? A boy I knew nothing about would start living in my house soon and I couldn’t do anything about it, but accept it.

I groaned and picked up my phone, wanting nothing more than to listen to the sad melodies Vanessa Mei produced with her violin. The classic, old songs filled my head and calmed my heart.

Everything was going to be alright. I just had to make sure I could keep myself away from him as much as possible in order to keep our loving family in balance. I didn’t want to create problems for my mom and dad, or take their dream away. I just wanted everything to work out, but I couldn’t think of myself accepting a stranger as my brother. Everything had to work out, but I didn’t know how.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just another small something I have been thinking about. Let's hope you'll like this one too. c: Edited by Kayla.

-Maria.