A Little Too Much

One.

McKenna rolled over in her standard college sized twin bed, the sun shinning over her body, making it known that it was time to get up. A ringing sound filled the entire bedroom. McKenna groaned into her pillow while reaching her left arm towards her night stand table to grab her phone.

"Hello?" she asked annoyance ringing in her voice.

"Well aren't we a ray of sunshine this morning" the male caller exclaimed, a smirk evident in his voice.

"Johnny, I love you, but why are you calling me at," McKenna pulled her phone away from her ear to check the time, "8 in the morning?"

Jonathan laughed on the other end of the phone, "Kenna, I think that you might be forgetting something."

"Jonathan, what are you talking about?" McKenna questioned her older brother.

"Maybe that your internship for the Blackhawks starts today and you have to be at the United Center for 9 am practice," Jonathan started knowingly.

"Shit, I'm on way," McKenna said before hanging up.

Practically jumping out of her bed, McKenna made her way towards her dresser searching for her favorite black leggings which she slipped on in record time. Glancing through her sweatshirts she grabbed one of the many Chicago Blackhawks sweatshirts she had stolen from her brother.

McKenna's brother was none other then the infamous captain of the Chicago Blackhawks, Jonathan Toews. There was about a seven year age difference between the duo, Jonathan being twenty-seven and McKenna who was twenty. Jonathan moved to Chicago when he was drafted to the Blackhawks in 2006, and McKenna followed his footsteps when she decided to attend DePaul University downtown. The two were as close as siblings could be, they were practically attached to each other's hips since McKenna was born and nothing had changed since then.

McKenna closed her bedroom door, walking into the kitchen, grabbing her bag and keys from the counter. She tied her white converse quietly so she wouldn't wake up her best friend and roommate, Carrie.

Making her way to her buildings parking garage, McKenna climbed into her black four door Jeep and started her fifteen minute journey to the United Center. She glanced down at the clock in her car.

"8:45"

Just enough time to make a Dunkin Donuts run. McKenna wanted to make a good impression on her first day, even though she already knew everyone on the team for years now, she wanted to show that she really did appreciate Coach Q for giving her this once in a life time opportunity. And who doesn't love free donuts?

McKenna pulled into the United Center at exactly 8:55, parking in the closest spot she could fine. Leaving the donuts in her car, she grabbed her bag and made her way into the United Center.

McKenna is immediately greeted by Jonathan.

"You're damn lucky that I called you this morning or your ass would be fired," he laughed pulling his sister into a side hug.

"I know, I know, I owe you big time," McKenna giggled into her brothers side before Joel Quenneville appeared beside the two.

"McKenna, I'm so glad you're here. Johnny, get out on the ice and get practice started. McKenna follow me and we can get started."

Joel goes over McKenna's responsibilities as an intern which include coming to practices when needed, being able to help players with anything they might require, and pretty much waiting on the teams hand and foot. The boys run through multiple drills and even scrimmage while McKenna is seated in the arena, simply watching them practice, checking her phone every once in a while.

Once practiced was finished the guys pilled off the ice making their way to the locker room to shower and change quickly before the team meeting. McKenna was texting Carrie an update about her first day when someone wrapped their hands around her eyes, making her world go black.

"Guess who?"

McKenna didn't need to guess who the mystery man was behind her. She hadn't heard his voice in while but she could recognize it miles away. She could tell by the way he spoke he had a smirk placed across his lips. He must have just gotten out of a shower considering how alluring he smelled. McKenna could feel his hot breath on the back of her neck in contrast of her cold figure from being at the rink. McKenna recomposed herself before she spoke.

"Hmm, is that you Saad? I've missed you so much," McKenna smirked knowing her statement wouldn't settle well with him.

He laughed " Wow Kenna, I'm hurt."

McKenna placed her cold hands on top of the warm, strong hands that were blinding her. She pulled his hands down and turned around to be face to face with none other then Patrick Kane.

She couldn't help but just stare up at him. He was just so damn charming. It had been a least a year since McKenna had spoken to Patrick, and for good reason. The two have had a messy history since the day they met. They had this connection that no one could deny, but there were a few complications. Patrick opened his mouth but was cut off my the team joining the two of them from the locker room.

"McKenna, it's so good to see you again, it's been to long, Abby and the girls have missed you" Patrick Sharp stated pulling her into a hug.

"I've missed them too, I missed all of you, it's so great to see you guys." McKenna studied abroad in Europe her Junior year of college so she wasn't around any of the Blackhawks, expect for when Jonathan and her parents visited her around the holidays.

"So rumor has it you have donuts?" Corey Crawford smiled joining the circle around McKenna and Patrick.

"They're in my car, I don't think I'll be able to carry..." McKenna wasn't able to finish her sentence before Jonathan grabbed her keys and took Corey and some of the other guys to go grab the donuts.

"Well that was easier then I thought," McKenna laughed.

"So Kenna, how was Europe?" Sharpie asked.

"It was unbelievable, it was by far one of the best experiences of my entire life. It's so breathtaking anywhere you go. But I'm excited to be home. Did I miss anything big here?" McKenna asked curiously.

Almost on cue, a beautiful brunette, wearing ripped skinny jeans that fit her amazing legs perfectly and a tank top that showed off her beautiful figure was strutting over to where McKenna, Sharpie, and Patrick were gathered. She wrapped her arms around Patrick's neck, kissing his cheek.

"Babe there you are, I've been looking for you everywhere. How was practice?"

McKenna stood there, stunned. It was like she was staring at a car accident, she couldn't look away. Sharpie glanced between Patrick and McKenna. Patrick looked like a deer in headlights and McKenna's eyes looked as though her heart was just crumbled into a million tiny pieces.

She couldn't believe what was unfolding in front of her. McKenna choked down her feelings.

"I guess I did miss something big."

+5 comments for chapter 2
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed the first part of A Little Too Much. Please comment and rate if you liked p it, it helps me out a lot? I also post on Hockey Fanfiction, Tumblr, and Wattpad. All are kanerrboo. Thanks so much xx