Status: new chapters every other day

Live in the Moment

Set in a world where vampires and humans coexist peacefully after a great war that happened centuries ago when vampires decided to make their existence known to humans. After much bloodshed the two species decided that peace was the only option for both races to continue to live thus finally ending the war. Both the humans and vampires divided into two separate counsels for each country; one made of vampires and one made of humans. Many new laws were created to allow both races to live side by side but there are two important ones that truly make everything possible, for without them a peaceful life between humans and vampires will crumble and most likely lead to another war.

These vampires did not need blood to solely survive but human blood was still a part of their healthy diet, to prevent the boundary of food and friend from being broken, the humans have created the perfect solution to help reduced natural vampric hunting against human race. The Human Counsel created Vampric Sentences, where in a situation when a human criminal would be sentenced to death, life in prison, or just for committing any crime of terrible nature, the said human will be sent to a farming facility where they will be kept alive only to produce blood for vampire consumption. Even though this new civilization was almost near perfect, there were still criminals who think they can get away with their crimes.

In honor of this new profound way to keep peace between species, vampires created a law that would also benefit to the humans. Vampires would not kill humans in cold blooded murder or for consumption, if a vampire does commit these crimes the family of the deceased will be compensated greatly; the death of the vampire (in whatever way the family chooses) would be held on the day of the loved ones funeral which will also be paid in full in with a ceremony in only the most beautiful manner ever possible. If the loved one had any children, they too will be finically set til they have reached the age of 18. Vampires are very protective when it comes to the children of their clans, and to even know a human child is going to be without a parent they will see that they will never suffer.
Many other laws have come and gone as time went on, but no matter what these two laws have never left, live between humans and vampires will never perish as long as these ancient rules forever stand.

Vampires have human servants, mainly to serve as a fresh blood source but are treated to some form of respect and dignity as these humans work for them on their own free will.
Never has a vampire and a human EVER married and or procreated but it is not uncommon for the two species to experiment sexually. In the case of a pregnancy the child must be terminated and donated for blood farming, this of course is not a problem between both counsels and species in general as a whole. It is said that there are communities filled with vampires and their human mates alongside with their half human/vampire hybrid children. Both the Human and Vampire Counsels have a strong feeling that these communities exist, but pay no mind into finding them to allow them the freedom to live in peace and to also prevent any other wars, yet they have made it clear that if anyone from these communities tried to merge outside their own, punishments based on their race will be taken into action